Halloween-o-ween Trip Report 1st-4th October

Started by Lozzie, October 06, 2012, 06:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lozzie

Hi!
Where to begin?! I guess the first thing I should mention is who went on this trip. There was myself, my fiance Luke and my friend who had never been to any Disney Park before which was going to be a lot of fun! I'm not going to post many photos of her as I don't want to do it without her permission. But you will still get lots of my mug on here!
This trip was an extra special trip for myself. I've been going every year since 1992, so it was also my personal 20th anniversary of going there!!

We traveled by Eurostar from St Pancras on the Monday morning (1st October) which was great timing on our part as it was the beginning of the Halloween Festival!
The journey was fine, slightly longer as there was engineering work on the tracks, but only about 10 minutes extra on the journey.

We arrived into the Disneyland Park at 2 pm and it seemed quite busy, but nothing we couldn't handle

Oh yeah and it was BOILING hot! Couldn't believe it! It was raining in London! We had dressed for cold weather and had to strip off!

OHMYGODIMSOEXCITED!!!

Walked down Main Street and saw these guys playing! Loved their costumes!

We decided to head straight to Adventureland for PotC, just because it has to be done! Had a cheeky photo with Hooks' ship, but the sun was soooo bright it affected some of our photos!

After loads of rides and walking around, usual Disneyland stuff, we decided to wait for the parade. I wont spam you with photos because lets face it you're all hardcore Disney fans here and you know the parade inside out!

Then ran straight to Discoveryland when most people were still watching the Parade (we caught it outside of area near Its a Small World as any Disney fan knows its one of the best spots) as we wanted to beat the rush for Space Mountain and Star Tours

Then we went to Fantasyland and into Alice's Labyrinth

Climbed to the top of the Queen of Hearts castle and as you can see from the photos, the park was emptying!

It was getting dark now, and we wanted to stick around for Disney Dreams so i suggested we go on Big Thunder Mountain as going on that when its darker is incredible! So we headed to Frontierland. Now, we had been there previously throughout the day and i was soooo happy as Jack Skellington was there, but no Sally. Then i got sad as i realllyyyyy wanted to meet him with Sally. Anyway we rode on BTM then went to the Phantom Manor, came off and what did i see? A little stripey Sally sock poking out from the side of their graveyard set up for the meet n greet so after squealing so dogs all over Paris could hear me I said i wanted to meet them, but didnt want Pauline to be bored waiting as the line was quite long. Anyway she insisted we queued and it turns out I was the last one in the line until it was closed off! So when i eventually got there, they both spent quite a bit of time with me. Highlight of my day!!! They were both sooo lovely too!

Sally stroked my hair and said "Wow we have the same hair colour!" and Jack said "She looks a bit like you too" I was grinning like a loon. It means a lot to me as I'm cosplaying her next year and i love to make and wear costumes which are special to me <3 *is sad*

Then we went to the castle to catch Disney Dreams. Even though I have seen it online a few times, I wasn't disappointed. Tears were shed, goosebumps appeared, lumps in throats were formed. Stunning! I didn't get any photos of it though but i filmed it.

When the show ended we went to Disney Village and had a late meal in Annette's Diner. Loooove that place!

After 5 weeks of eating super healthy, this meal was VERY WELCOME!!!

Then we went to our hotel (Sequoia Lodge) to check in and to get some well needed rest!

Thats the end of Day One!! I shall get Day Two written up very soon!
"Indian Chief Indian Chief, clap clap, peekaboo peekaboo, bleeeeeeeeehhhhh"- Had that in my head ever since i saw Following the Leader with Peter Pan!

norhel

Nice report :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Eveline

Hi Lozzie

Loving your report & photos so far, especially the Jack and Sally ones.  My daughter & I are heading out next Sat and her favourite character is Sally - she has lovely long red hair like yours!

Can you tell me if Jack and Sally's float was added to the back of the parade for Halloween?

Looking forward to the next installment.

Lozzie

Thanks so much!!

Eveline there was no Halloween theme in the Parade at all :( Nothing extra. Just the Jack and Sally meet n greet near the Phantom Manor.
"Indian Chief Indian Chief, clap clap, peekaboo peekaboo, bleeeeeeeeehhhhh"- Had that in my head ever since i saw Following the Leader with Peter Pan!

MrsPirate

The park looks lovely with the Halloween decorations, looking forward to the rest of your report.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

lynny

hi i remember reading another report of your's must be the jack and sally thing that rings a bell.my oldest daughter was born the year the park opened :D .....just a special year!

love your report ,short ,sweet and your there living it as you tell it :)

looking forward to more :D
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

magic fairy

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D looking forward to the next report , its mine and my teenage daughters first vist nov 4 , so its so nice to take a look at all the pictures and read the posts.

Lozzie

Thank you all so much! I'm sorry I haven't updated yet. Spent most of the day in bed with a terrible cold! I bet its a Disney cold, it doesn't feel very magical! I shall get some done tomorrow though <3