New qualifcation rules for Disneys shareholders club

Started by captain rocket, September 27, 2012, 08:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain rocket

It has just been announced that the number of shares you must hold to qualify for membership of the shareholders club and the benefits that bestows on members has been increased to 100 shares!
The new rules come into force for all new requests and renewals from 01 October.
The email says that you will still receive discounts etc with a smaller holding of shares, so I guess that the main loss must be entry to Salon Mickey!
Those members who have held shares since 2000 will still qualify for membership with a smaller shareholding.
I can't say I am surprised as the small number of shares people like me hold (20) made the shareholders club a great bargain, one of the few really great benefits from DLRP!
I must be one of the luckiest members around, my membership renewal  was confirmed on Tuesday, so I now have two years to get those extra 80 shares!

ed-uk

The last time we went into Salon Mickey it was very busy, we could hardly find a seat so I'm not surprised that they have changed the rules. We're lucky members too, because we joined before 2000.
Ed & David

captain rocket

I've noticed that as well,on my last few visits the number of people in Salon Mickey has certainly grown! One solution may have been to limit visitors to one friend only and keep the four guests as family members only, Bur DLRP have obviously decided to try to sell a few more shares!

ed-uk

Quote from: "captain rocket"I've noticed that as well,on my last few visits the number of people in Salon Mickey has certainly grown! One solution may have been to limit visitors to one friend only and keep the four guests as family members only, Bur DLRP have obviously decided to try to sell a few more shares!
When I first joined the shareholders Club, I would have needed 1000 shares to get free membership if I remember rightly, no Salon Mickey back then.
Ed & David

captain rocket

I've re read the email and it appears my earlier assumption was wrong. You will continue to benefit from shareholders discount provided you hold a valid shareholders club membership card, and your renewal of this card will only be valid if you hold 100 shares or bought your shares pre 2000.

Little mermaid 240

My 25 share note arrived in the post today, which is great as today is my Birthday and the shares are a birthday present from my Husband and darling daughter Tangled13  :D

But after seeing this I have just tried to join the share club online and it's not letting you load it, it can't be found   :cry:

Any ideas?  Please x
Little Mermaid x

captain rocket

They may have disabled that function to stop people rushing at the last minute, but you should still be entitled to join now . I suggest you give them a call tomorrow on 33 (0) 1 64 74 56 30 or fax them on 33 (0) 1 64 74 56 36. If you have a printed contract note, they will accept this information by fax.
Good luck, I hope you sort this.

Little mermaid 240

Hi captain rocket thank you very much! One more question do you know what other information you need to do this? :)  

Thank you! :)
Little Mermaid x

captain rocket

Little mermaid 240. I have sent you a PM, please reply as soon as poss as I have to start work at 0600 tomorrow and will be off to bed soon!

captain rocket

Our messages crossed Littlemermaid 240! You just need to send an application form, which I can email you if you send me your email address by PM and the copy of your contract note displaying your share ownership. If your message arrives after I have gone to bed, my wife will email the application form to you.

Little mermaid 240

Thanks message PM'd :)
Little Mermaid x

FLOOKIE

Quote from: "captain rocket"Our messages crossed Littlemermaid 240! You just need to send an application form, which I can email you if you send me your email address by PM and the copy of your contract note displaying your share ownership. If your message arrives after I have gone to bed, my wife will email the application form to you.
Hi captain rocket,I don't suppose there's any chance you could email me the application form also is there?
Sorry I know it's cheeky but its just that i need to renew my card as it expires this month so I want to get in before the share increase but I can't get into the personal section on the website the same as others have said.
I assuming its the same form?

FLOOKIE

Or little mermaid if captain has emailed it to you could you email the form to me,as I've now noticed captain is off line.
Pleeeease.xx

ICHAPMAN

I've also drop Captain Rocket and Little Mermaid 240 a PM asking if I could have a copy of the form.   Now in a hurry to renew!.

Thanks

Iain

FLOOKIE

I know,how mean is it of them to give us such short notice,and being that it's Friday tomorrow  and with all the applications they are going to get I can't see us renewing to be honest.