N2O Dream Stay @ the Castle Club 23-25 Sept - FINISHED

Started by never2old, September 26, 2012, 12:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynny

love your room.....don't think i'd leave i'd just sit and people watch in and out of the park :roll:

orange juice better than HNY??? Hmmmm dont know :lol:

lovely update,lovely detailed pics :D
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

maleficent_mum

Loved your trippie and the beautiful pictures and poor Tinks looks like she's gone down the collagen route.  With that view I think I probably could have stayed up all night and what a very civilised way to start the day :)
*Oct 14 - 5 nights Kyriad* July 13 -  6 nights Cheyenne 1 night VdE*
*Jan 12  - 5 nights  Santa Fe *Oct 10 - 1 night Kyriad, 4 nights Cheyenne*Jan 10 - 4 nights New York*Mar 09 - 4 nights Cheyenne*Nov 07 - 3 nights Sequoia Lodge*Mar 07 - 15th Anniversary Press Event  3 nights Sequoia Lodge*Mar 06 5 nights Newport Bay Club (Admirals\' Floor)*Oct 04 4 nights Santa Fe*Mar 04 3 nights Cheyenne[/size]

never2old

Thank you for your comments!!  :D

Quote from: "lynny"orange juice better than HNY??? Hmmmm dont know :lol:

It is, it is!!!  :D

Ok, maybe it's the same... But with a view like that, everything tastes better!!!  ;)

I'm working on the next update, I hope to have it online soon!!

never2old

And here we go, day 2 part 2!

It was now 10:00, the park was officially open, so time to get some rides done (since we refuse to queue more than 5 minutes during the EMH...)

And is there a better one to start the day than Pirates of the Caribbean?? Now that I think of it, POTC is ALWAYS the first ride we go to when the park opens...

When we got there the ride was not yet open, and a small crowd was waiting outside, but it wasn't long before the two pirates at the entrance let us all in! So yo-ho yo-ho in we went, down the dark corridors and pretty much straight into the boats!! I love walking into that ride, that queue is one of my favourites (although I now refuse to wait more than 10 minutes for that ride, call it old age if you want...) But I still remember being in line pretty much all the way, playing with my sister and brother, climbing wherever we could, and making my sister believe that the various skeletons along the way had just moved  :lol: My parents both love that ride so it was one of the few we would actually queue for when we came as kids! And still now, simply walking into those dark corridords, with its music loop and it's chlorine smell, always bring a huge smile to my face!

Sorry, got a bit sidetracked there...  :roll:

Anyway, we were finally in Pirates!! And it was in GREAT condition. Swinging pirate? Check. Mayor being pulled in and outof the well? Check (although he was not spitting water) Duelling pirates? Check (sadly their swords were not touching at all, but still....). No idiot taking hundrends of flash pictures? Check (OK, that one was pure luck...) Only the chains on the lift were not working, and I noticed that one pirate, the one balancing on a boat carrying lots of loot, just before the second fall, was missing. Overall, an excellent ride :D

Pretty bad picture but I wanted to see how the iPhone handled the very low light in the ride...

Huge smile in my face when we came out of the ride. But my husband was still feeling a bit sad from not having done Buzz this morning (in fact he had already said that we should get up earlier on Tuesday and do the EMH in full....), so we decided to head back towards Discoveryland. We did go past the dark rides in Fantasyland in case the queues were not too bad (Snow White hadn't opened yet, it was opening at 11:00 I think, and Pinocchio had a pretty long queue; Peter Pan was of course closed  :( ). We also had a quick look in some shops (this was the first time we've been to DLP and Cris actually asked to go into the shops so much... he wanted to look for presents for our daughter  :) )

Eventually we made it to Buzz, flashed our VIP fastpasses, and went in. Still no Buzz in the queue line (in fact the courtain was closed the 3 days we were there)) but at least the line was moving fast...

Not a bad go, though my gun wasn't great. And the joystick kept getting stuck, so we ended up going round and round a little too much... I thought it was fun, but Cris gets very serious about this ride (he actually told me off for turning away from Zurg when he was trying to get him, but it wasn't me, it was the joystick!! :lol:) So he did't come out too happy with it...

We had thought we could try the Cafe des Cascadeurs for lunch, and by now it was 11:30. So time to head to the Studios, maybe get a couple of rides done, and then have lunch? That was the plan anyway...

First bit of proper sunshine of the day, time for some more pics!!

Now this was my first try with the new panorama mode on the iPhone, which would have come out a lot better if it wasn't for a girl who walked right into it for quite some time (hence the dark shape going accross....) It's not very good but still, I wanted to share it....

My favourite fairy

And the dark clouds are back...

Now it had been raining on and off all morning, so Cris wanted to go back to the room to change his socks (which had gotten a bit wet...), so I waited for him in the Fantasia Gardens.

I love how they've added the 20th anniversare theme:

Cris came back from the room (which had already been cleaned and all!) and we made our way to the Studios

A quick glance at the information board told us that Crush was completely out of the question (50 minutes wait time), so we headed to our favourite ride in the Studios, the Tower of Terror.

As usual with the fastpass entrance we had to push our way through the people blocking the way with tickets for the wrong time  :evil: , before we could make our way to the library, it was so quick I couldn't even take a decent picture!!

We were the first out of the library and as soon as we got to the service elevators, a CM called out for us because they needed 2 people to fill one elevator! So without any waiting time, there we were, sitting in the last row, fastening our seat belts!! I just love it when things work out like that...

Excellent ride of course, though I did feel a little bit sick... (but my ears have been acting up lately, I think I was starting to be ill back then) Still, lots of fun. such an unique feeling!!

My favourite ride after TOT is RnRC... But when we got there the wait time was 20 minutes (I know, not much, but when you're used to doing that ride without any queue....) And the fastpass was not working, so our VIP ones were pretty useless. And to make things worse, when we decided to check the Cafe des Cascadeurs, it was closed!!!  :evil:  :evil:

Nevermind... We were not too hungry yet, we could wait until we were back in DLP, or even have lunch in the Village...

Oh, and it was starting to rain again ;)

But we couldn't leave the Studios on a bad note, so time for the best show in WDS: Cinemagique!!

You know how there's always someone seeing it for the first time, who needs to provide a commentary to whomever they're sitting with throughout the entire film? Well they were sitting right next to me  :evil:  Why do they always sit next to me???

This was the first time we were seeing it since they refreshed it with new scenes. It was a bit strange at some points expecting one scene and seeing something else (that's when you realise you know the film by heart!) but overall it was good. To be honest, as long as they don't touch the soundtrack... That remains one of my favourite bits of music in the whole resort!!

We ended our visit to the Studios with a bit of shopping (ok, quite a bit of shopping, but when they can send it to the hotel for you so you don't need to carry anything, it can be a bit tempting to get carried away...)

Next, back to Disneyland!

To be continued...

artoises

I absolutely love this trip report. The pictures are so pretty. Can't wait to read about it some more. :)

mickeyspal

Fabulous report Never2old;  =D> I feel as if I'm walking every step with you, remembering sounds and smells, I also like walking along the corridor of POTC and that chlorine smell. and those photos are excellent. can't wait for the next chapter. :minnie:
1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean

ilovedisneylandparis

Such a good report, can't wait for the next installment :D I definitely agree about POTC and the castle gallery - the smell of Pirates is amazing, and I definitely feel like waltzing when I'm in the castle! It makes me feel like a proper princess  :oops: Seeing all your photos and reading about your trip has made me so happy, you and your husband seem like lovely people, it's so nice that you both have Disney as a shared interest!

lynny

Really really enjoyed that update.....lovely pictures as usual.

cant wait to read more :D
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

minnieme

Brilliant. Your pictures show that even in the rain, this is the most stunning place to be. x

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel

never2old

I'm so touched by all your comments, thank you!!  :D

So, back to DLP!!

So by now we were starting to feel a bit hungry... We thought we could give the Lucky Nugget a go? We used to quite like it when it was a buffet, I was curious to see what it was like now. So straight to Frontierland through the Liberty Arcade, and guess who we met on the way??? :D

I just LOVE running into old friends like that!!

Cris decides to try on a new hat

(not sure why he didn't get it, I thought he looked great!!!)

We got into Frontierland and went straight to the Lucky Nugget, where the queue (surprise surprise) was quite long...  :cry:  Nevermind... Shall we try Colonel Hathi's?

So straight to Adventureland, where the queue in Hathi's was even worse than in the Lucky Nugget... THIS IS WHY ONE SHOULD ALWAYS BOOK THE RESTAURANTS IN ADVANCE!!   ](*,)  ](*,)  ](*,)

Hakuna Matata? Closed. Agrabah Cafe? Closed. I was seriously starting to get seriously annoyed. All that was left were the certainly busy fast food restaurants in Fantasyland.... or wait, why don't we try the Blue Lagoon?? Normally we don't even try it without a reservation, bus desperate times and all... Originally we were going to save ourselves for the evening (we were having dinner at Inventions), but by now we were starved, so going for a nice meal in a proper restaurant was very very very tempting. So in we went!!

And what do you know? Of course they had a table for us!! Good news at last :D

So at the end it worked brilliantly, instead of a quick burger from a fast food place we got a delicious meal! We celebrated the fact that we were finally getting some food by ordering the Surf & Turf (sorry no pics, really bad light in there, but just trust me, it was DELICIOUS, particularly the lobster, it had a little sauce on it.... yummy), and for dessert, the creme brulée :)

Excellent excellent meal. Service was really good, we didn't had to wait long for ordering nor for getting our food (in the past we've had some very very long meals in there...), overall a great experience.

And then we we got out, the sun was shining, the sky was blue, and there was no queue for POTC!!  :D/ I just love going straight into Pirates after lunch at the Blue Lagoon....

Some more pics with the iPhone

This was turning out to be an excellent afternoon :D

Time for Fantasyland, where we were still hoping to get a dark ride done!! But no luck, both Pinocchio and Snow White had some queues...

So after some more pics...

My favourite HIdden Mickey

... it was time to head back to DIscoveryland and Buzz. Thank you VIP fastpasses!!

And thank you faulty guns, for once I beated by husband's score!! This was a truly historical moment:

I'd like to thank the maintenance crew of the ride for making sure that about half the guns don't work properly  =D>  :roll:

By now it was just past 16:30. This was our one and only chance to see the new parade, so time to go and get a place!

Doesn't our Castle simply look amazing???

As usual, we headed to the back on Fantasyland to get a spot, it's always quieter there so automatically our favourite place to see it.

And part 4 with the Parade coming soon!!

Apologies for the shorter update, but I need to go and pick up my baby girl!! (yes I am writing this from the office, but  :-$  :-$ don't tell anyone....)

BlackPearl

Once again, great report  :D
Makes me want to go there this instant.

artoises

Ahhh, reading this makes me homesick. I really want to go. :(
I love your pictures!

Fluffymilly

This is really lovely escapism! manythanks

SVioletS

great reading! love the pics! it really is helping me get in the right mood for next weeks trip, meaning i am even more anxious and excited to go! thank you for sharing! :) dlh castle club looks really something special!

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

deisy

fantastic... lovely... magical ... a dream!