N2O Dream Stay @ the Castle Club 23-25 Sept - FINISHED

Started by never2old, September 26, 2012, 12:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

I miss DLP so much, I'm still in the post-Disney depression phase...  :roll:  Especially now with Halloween going strong and Christmas coming soon, I would love to go back NOW!! But at least I can partly re-live the magic with you all!  :D

Quote from: "Pluto2011Pluto"Hope Day 2  of your trip you includes  and your husband watching Stitch Live.

Little spoiler here ;) but no it doesn't, when we did go to the Studios on day 2 there was a bit of a queue for Stitch, and then on our last day we didn't actually check it,.. But you always need to leave something for the next trip!!

Quote from: "DisneyManiac"Do you mind telling me what that piece of music is called? You know, the one from the vid?

No idea, it was the music playing on Main Street, it's part of their morning loop (I didn't add the music, it's recorded live from the balcony!)

Quote from: "SVioletS"Never2old, i'm loving your report! You had a great time and it shows! :) looking forjardes to reading day 2.
Just one question, was the wine included in the dreams package ?

No it wasn't. I think it was 20 euro for the bottle (they had a white, a red and a rosé)

I'm working on the next set of photos, hopefully I'll have the next update ready this afternoon!!

Rafael

I love reading your trip report. Your pictures are amazing, especially the ones of the little details that make DLP such a special place. I think you show through your photos how much you care about DLP and your pictures and words make me very excited for my next trip. Thank you for taking us along this wonderful ride.

petals

Joining in. Luvin the report and pics so far!

norhel

Great report :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

DisneyDonna

Loving this report! Especially all the Castle Club pictures! :)

lynny

OMG! i'm loving your report.....so nice to see inside your room at cc and your view,amazing!
your report is lovely,pictures are great so much detail and i feel like i'm there reading along with you i can picture every step :thumbs:

for the last 9 yrs apart from 1 christmas trip we have gone for halloween....but this year we are missing a trip and are going in feb :shock: (freezing) as my oldest(19yrs) started uni(bloody expensive) so me and my youngest are going on our 10th trip in feb and for the 1st time we are going for 5days 4nts the longest we have been :lol: reading your report has made me want to start counting down the days esp to see dreams and i'm soooo tempted to book the dreams dinner package?

cant wait to read more :lol:
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

Bubbles

Have thoroughly enjoyed reading your report and looking at your FABulous photos!!   We've 3 weeks to go and now I just cannot wait  :D     look forward to seeing some more!

never2old

Thank you all for all your comments, I'm really touched!  :)

I love all those little details that make the park so special, so rich. It's the details that make you realise how much love and passion went into designing and building the magic!! And I keep discovering new little things I hadn't noticed before :)

I'm home with a terrible cold and to be honest very little energy, hopefully by the weekend I'll be better and I can get the report going again, sorry for the delay :(

Little mermaid 240

Hope you feel well soon :)
Little Mermaid x

maleficent_mum

Love your trip report and the photos, the Castle Club - wow what an experience and I have never noticed the lift from the station !  Hope you're feeling better soon, just getting over a horrible cold myself, so know exactly how you feel.
*Oct 14 - 5 nights Kyriad* July 13 -  6 nights Cheyenne 1 night VdE*
*Jan 12  - 5 nights  Santa Fe *Oct 10 - 1 night Kyriad, 4 nights Cheyenne*Jan 10 - 4 nights New York*Mar 09 - 4 nights Cheyenne*Nov 07 - 3 nights Sequoia Lodge*Mar 07 - 15th Anniversary Press Event  3 nights Sequoia Lodge*Mar 06 5 nights Newport Bay Club (Admirals\' Floor)*Oct 04 4 nights Santa Fe*Mar 04 3 nights Cheyenne[/size]

sarachloe

great photo`s can you tell me what camra you have please :D

esmeralda

Great report! Love to see what fun you had with  the Castle Club and especially the elevator :-D
I'm sorry, that you were not lucky with BTM. Never experienced so many break downs in my former trips!
Julia

never2old

Thank you all for your many comments!! :D And I'm finally starting to feel better, about time too!!  What a lousy virus :(

Quote from: "sarachloe"great photo`s can you tell me what camra you have please :D

Thanks! I was mostly using my little Canon SX210. but there are also some pics taken with my iPhone (4S), and my husband has a Panasonic DMC-FZ28.

Quote from: "maleficent_mum"Love your trip report and the photos, the Castle Club - wow what an experience and I have never noticed the lift from the station !  Hope you're feeling better soon, just getting over a horrible cold myself, so know exactly how you feel.

The lift is not by the station, it's just by the turnstiles and the ticket desks under the DLH  :D

Good news is that all my pics are now uploaded, I just need to start writing the next update, I hope to have it ready soon!!

lynny

Glad your feeling better.......i'm off work ill myself so i know how you feel :(

looking forward to your next update and some more fab pics......i was wondering what camera do you use?
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

never2old

Ok, day 2, here we go!!

Now if any of you have young kids, you'll understand that sleeping late is a very very very rare luxury... Our daughter usually wakes up between 7 and 7:30, whether it's Monday or Sunday (and sometimes still wakes up at night, if she loses her dummy or something bothers her). So having a long, uninterrupted sleep is... well, heavenly!! So for our first and only full day at the parks we decided to forget about the alarm, forget about EMH, and simply try to sleep... Which we did!

Of course I did wake up at night, and of course I went and checked out the window, to be sure eveything was still there, and feel like I had the park all to myself... Heaven :D

We slept very well, and woke up a bit before 8am (which for us, is late!!)

First things first....

Yes, everyone still there!! :D

And look, here come the first guests!!

And for us, breakfast time!!

Now as you can imagine, breakfast in the CC lounge is heavenly. No crowds, no queues (unlike downstairs in the main restaurant!!), you go in, choose a table, someone comes to take your order for hot drinks.... Very civilised :)

First course....

I think this juice was even better than the one at the Hotel New York!!

And of course, who came to say hello??

Characters come to the lounge from 8:30 onwards, so it's another good reason to sleep a bit more and have a later breakfast ;)

View of the restaurant from our table:

Now as we were enjoying a very leisurly breakfast, the weather outside went from okayish to not okayish at all.... It started getting darker and darker, and soon it was pouring down!!

Not that we cared too much about it, though... We were all too happy to stay indoors and keep enjoying our breakfast!!

After a couple coffee cups, quite a few glasses of orange juice, and scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, Mickey waffles, pains au chocolat, and some strawberries (yes, those were to pretend it was a healthy breakfast), time go go back to our room and start getting ready! Plus it looked like the rain was calming down...

Pumpkins everywhere

I'm sure you'll all understand how difficult it was to leave such a room, even if it was to go to DLP!!!  ;)  

Look, there I am!!

Don't you think Tink looks a bit freaky from this angle??

Well, it was past 9:30 when we both made it to the park... And it already felt quite packed!!

We first headed to Discoveryland and Buzz (that's what EMH are for!!) but the queue was already 20 minutes. Peter Pan was closed (as was Phantom Manor, by the way, 2 of my favourite rides!!!  :x ) and we were both a little too full from our yummy breakfast to try Space Mountain, so we decided to wait until 10:00 for all the rides to open and try something then.

From Discoveryland to Fantasyland, by the Bella Notte:

And of course, one of the best places to wait for the park to open is the Gallery in the Castle!! It was relatively quiet, it only had 2 groups of people doing it the wrong way round  :roll: , but at least for us it meant we could take our time to enjoy it. It's one of my favourite places in the whole park!

When I win the lottery ( :roll:  [-o<  :lol: ) I'm getting a ceiling like this in my home

And you know what? I think I had never noticed Maleficent here before!!

I love those snails ;)

And this is how Dreams come true ;)

I love that Castle!! And the Sleeping Beauty music loop.... Don't you just feel like waltzing around when you hear it?? (don't tell me it's just me  :oops:  :lol: )

I really like to follow a visit to the Castle Gallery with a little stop by the Auberge de Cendrillon and its courtyard

I had read recently (in Twitter I guess) that they actually have their own vegetable garden, and sure enough, they do!! Of course silly me I didn't actually take any decent pictures  :roll:  but they had quite a few herbs growing, and rhubarb, and even a couple of pumkins!! And plenty of other green things I didn't recognise... So next time you go, do go and have a look!!

By now it was 10:00, time to get some rides done!!

Continues soon :)