High School Musical On Tour (Summer 2007)

Started by Kristof, January 26, 2007, 02:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron

Looks like the same show as in DCA!
Hopefully also the same music, in english :D

tubbsy

That actually, doesnt look that bad. I think I can survive that and, I must remember, this is my daughters holiday too (oh and my son and hubby-I do tend to forget there are other people to think about on these holidays!) and it will be good to see her singing along and maybe, just maybe, being not so emaressed to put her hand up to go and be a part of a show again(she was chosen to go on DLRP's 10th Birthday cake in 2002)

Its still a shame to lose Cruella.

Why couldnt they have alternated the shows on different days? Or have just one showing of Cruella a day? Or is that just getting too complicated?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Owain

Quote from: "Masamune"
Quote from: "Owain"When High school musical first came out, i loved it and then my friends started to say how cheesy it was and then i watched it again for like my 10th time and i watched it carefully and then i realised its not as good as i use to think !

So Masamune you were right its going to die out !
:lol: Yay!

Seriously though, I don't watch Disney films to see poor OTT acting and scary vocals, and I certainly don't go to DLRP for that. :o I just hope it's gone before it gets really old, and before everyone is fed up of WildCats everywhere. :roll: *Sadly remembers some of the song lyrics*

And they cant even lip-synch.   :?

tubbsy

I hadnt thought of that. maybe it is going to be as painful as I originally thought!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

suzie

high school musical is starting to get quite popular here in the Netherlands, I haven't seen it yet

I think it's a good choice, but they shouldn't run any longer than 2 years
"Cause I found some kind of fairy...tale"

Kristof

I've seen a preview during the press conference at Hotel New York yesterday. It was simply stunning!  All the journalists were wowed by the amount of energy the casts' performance had!

fly_with_me_dumbo

i  have to say i hate high school musical, sorry but i just do,it's cheesy i am quite upset they are replacing someone like cruella a pure disney character, for some cheesy scary singing kids wanting to be in a talent show.  :(  :(  disney is about cartoons, and i know films like potc has real people in but that is great and the quailty of that is so much greater then high school musical. i just think like masamune its freakishly cheesyly scary :shock:

Kristof

I'll try to explain again... The preview we got at the press conference was just amazing.  The whole conference room was filled with energy, something that's missing at WDS.  And if this has to replace Cruella De Ville, yes please.  Even if I don't like the movie, this is something guests will love.

Maarten

Raptor, do you know if they will build a moving stage for High School Musical, just like they did at DCA and Disney-MGM? I assume that Lilo & Stitch will return to the Production Courtyard Stage?

Kristof

Well Maarten, I've posted the press release for High School Musical On Tour on WDSfans a couple of minutes ago!  Here it is:

QuoteThe hottest dance moves and the biggest hit songs from one of the Disney Channel's most popular entertainment phenomenon come to life in "High School Musical On Tour", a new immersive show for teh whole family at Walt Disney Studios Park.
Debuting on a rolling outdoor stage June 16 and performing through Aug. 26, a multi-talented world of East High, a place where best friends break into elaborate musical numbers like magic.
Theme Park guests may even find themselves shooting basketball or joining in as the whole street turns into a party while great songs fill the air.Performed in several languages, it's a showcase of sing-a-along fun that will invite all ages to be part of a new kind of live excitement inspired by the highest rated TV movie in Disney history.

Source

Masamune

I think it does matter if you don't like the movie. :lol: If you don't like the movie, you're not gonna want to see the show. So in that sense, it affects all those that love the Cruella DeVil show and hate what it's being replaced with.

:o Yes, I'll probably give it a fair watch when I go, but no matter how good the singing/dancing in the show is, it's not going to change the fact that I don't like the film that the show is based on.

Kristof

It's not even certain HSM will replace Cruella.... C'mon people...  :roll:

Let's not bash the show before it has even started (like happened for OUADP and Laser Blast...)

Masamune

;) I'm not bashing the show raptor, I'm bashing the movie. You have to admit, it would be hard for anyone to really love a show that's based on a movie that they can't stand. :P I'll only be able to bash the show itself if I see it for myself, and I find that it's just a live version of the film.

:lol: Who knows? I may be pleasantly surprised. But for now, as things stand, I won't be happy if they replace Cruella's show with this.

Patrick

Quote from: "raptor1982"It's not even certain HSM will replace Cruella.... C'mon people...  :roll:

Let's not bash the show before it has even started (like happened for OUADP and Laser Blast...)

Hehe, you just love the show for the performers :P .  Though I'm also saving my judgement for when I see it.  Also I got the new envie+ magazine today and there is no sign of cruella returning.  The back of the magazine has a timeline of shows and attractions being performed and such.

penfold12

I for one think its a fantastic idea. Cant stand teh movie myself, but on a recent visit to teh resort, all I got for 4 days of my niece and nephew was would they see the guys from High School Musical!

I think it would be a great hit. The more interactive the better