The Turtle Run

Started by Magic M, August 10, 2012, 08:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magic M

...or "How I learned to stop queuing and love Crush's Coaster"

My girlfriend Gem and I are experienced DLRPers and on our last trip in April we discovered the perfect formula for beating the major queues - we call it The Turtle Run.

STAGE ONE - Extra Magic Hours
Take advantage of the extra time in the parks.  Getting the part 2 hours before everyone else can really save the day.  We got to the park shortly after 8am and rode Buzz Lightyear and Peter Pan without having to queue and often with re-rides.  Queues on both these rides can reach over an hour at busy times.

STAGE TWO - Breakfast In The Park
Plaza Gardens and Cafe Au Marionette host breakfast buffets in the park which are often far less busy than those in the hotels.  When you check in, ask your concierge  about booking slots in the morning - we generally booked for 9am and were given tickets with allocated times.  Also we packed some Tupperware boxes and filled these with bread, ham, cheese and butter - a free lunch later in the day.

STAGE THREE - The Turtle Run
Although the guides will tell you Disney Studios opens at 10am - the gates actually open at 9.30am.  We would finish our breakfast and race to the gates by around 9.20am - hopefully getting to the front of the queue.  Once the fanfare has sounded and the gates are open - charge past the people dawdling in Studio 1 and head straight for Crush's Coaster.  You will be one of the first people to ride the coaster and do so without having to queue.

:D/  :D/  :D/

Best Wishes,

Magic Martin xx

jonathan

Sound advice all round Magic Martin!!!

Magic M

I'm just bumping this up because I did this in April last year.  Hope it works for you again this year!

TigerLily

Great advice there with your turtle run XD handy to know that the gates to the studios open that little bit earlier!

Fluffymilly

He he! we,ve been doing this for years! Beware if its wet, those tiles just inside the gates of the Studios are reeeeally slippy!!

jeakat24

But you're still having to queue from  9.30 -10  ;)  :D

It does still cut down on the enormous queue times- thanks for the advice
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge