Hallowe'en 2012

Started by Columbiad, July 24, 2012, 01:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Columbiad

Couldn't find an existing topic for this, so apologies if I've overlooked it!

Wanted to share some very exciting tweets from InsideDLParis about Halloween 2012:

QuoteLet's start off on Town Square, where Duffy the Disney Bear will return to his very own Boardinghouse dressed up for the occasion.
QuoteOn the other side of the street, next to Kitty Hawk Bicycle Shop, Goofy will invite guests to his new 'Candy Factory' Photolocaton.
QuoteLeaded by Maleficent, the Disney Villains: Dr. Facilier, Jafar, Captain Hook, Queen of Hearts and Cruella , will take over Castle Courtyard.
QuoteJack and Sally from the Nightmare Before Christmas, return near Phantom Manor. This year you might even spot their little ghost dog, Zero!
QuoteOn the Royal Castle Stage, Mickey and his pals will be back, in his hugely popular show: 'Mickey's Halloween Treat in the Street Party'
QuoteAfter taking the risk of not decorating last year, the biggest surprise of this year is a complete new make over of Disneyland Park!
QuoteGold will go perfectly with Orange, as Main Street U.S.A. colides the 20th Anniversary overlay with all new Halloween Decorations!
QuoteDid I tell you that all decorations will be completely new!? A beautiful combination, inspired by decorations from California and Tokyo.
QuoteFor example, an idea from Tokyo: No 'Pumpkinmen', but the 'Ghosts' of former residents will be taking over Main Street incl. the Station!
QuoteWhilst huge 'Disney Character' shaped Pumkins (like the ones at the entrance of Disneyland Park in California) will take over Central Plaza!
QuoteIn Frontierland, the area around Lucky Nugget Saloon will celebrate a traditional Harvest Festival with plenty of Pumkins and Sunflowers!

Minne&Mickey92

:o thats great news !! , we've seen all the other festivals but this will be our first Halloween Visit this october and we were beginning to worry that Halloween was gonna be a let down but all this news sounds very promising ! Cant wait to see it all now ! :) :pumpkin:

never2old

Completely new decorations?? Sounds great!!

Riebi

Wow! That sounds great! I loved the decorations at Anaheim so much and was always thinking "Why is that not at paris". It looked so tasteful and never dull.

Also nice to see the Castle Stage again in action. The "ghosts" of former residents sounds interesting. Don´t know about that. Have someone pictures of the tokyo ghosts? Or are they like the Hong Kong ghosts?

The "Harvest Festival" sounds also very california.

I just hope that they hold more generell halloween entertainment for us then anaheim.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

alternativerock123

It sounds sooo amazing compared to last year - yes the main show in the plaza was pretty awesome, but the lack of decorations was a bummer.

I love how they are giving goofy his own meet and greet area. =D

I really hope to go back again, maybe for a day. I would love to see all the decor.
But honestly, we thought the decore for the 20th on Main-street was going to be elaborate, not just gold banners.

But heres hoping.  :thumbs:
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

Eveline

Have booked for the Hallowe'en Festival this year but very disappointed to find that there are no Not So Scary Hallowe'en parties on any of the Friday nights in October.

When we were there in Oct 2010 the decoration of the park was fantastic but the best part was the late Friday opening .

:pumpkin:

Columbiad

Quote from: "Riebi"The "ghosts" of former residents sounds interesting. Don´t know about that. Have someone pictures of the tokyo ghosts? Or are they like the Hong Kong ghosts?

I had never heard of Tokyo have Main Street USA ghosts either, and couldn't find any pictures of them. The photo I included on the montage is from Hong Kong's Hallowe'en, as I believe they had an event similar. Or perhaps InsideDLParis meant Hong Kong when he said Tokyo in his tweets.

Scissorsboi

I think the ghosts may be these ones from Tokyo;

Photo from Theme Park Review

I quite like them personally, they have character to them and look less "in house" than the Pumpkinmen.
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Columbiad

I think you're right, Scissorboi, especially when it says "taking over the station."

Handy Andy

Quote from: "Scissorsboi"I think the ghosts may be these ones from Tokyo;

Photo from Theme Park Review

I quite like them personally, they have character to them and look less "in house" than the Pumpkinmen.

Are they the ghosts from the Mickey Mouse cartoon "Lonesome Ghosts" ?
Magical Wishes
Andy

Scissorsboi

Although they're not identical (they're green and have bigger noses!) at the very least I think they're based on those characters! It's certainly nice to have a character who is intertwined with Mickey's past!

[youtube:15g4msw8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AsnsHvp594[/youtube:15g4msw8]
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

DisneyG83

This is making me wish I was going to Disneyland Paris for Halloween!  :(
Hey There! Hi There! Ho There! It\'s A Disney Kind Of Day!
Just Like We Dreamed It
Do You Believe in Magic?
Magic Everywhere!

Feb. 2003 July 2012 June 2013

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Columbiad"Couldn't find an existing topic for this, so apologies if I've overlooked it!

Wanted to share some very exciting tweets from InsideDLParis about Halloween 2012:

QuoteLet's start off on Town Square, where Duffy the Disney Bear will return to his very own Boardinghouse dressed up for the occasion.
QuoteOn the other side of the street, next to Kitty Hawk Bicycle Shop, Goofy will invite guests to his new 'Candy Factory' Photolocaton.
QuoteLeaded by Maleficent, the Disney Villains: Dr. Facilier, Jafar, Captain Hook, Queen of Hearts and Cruella , will take over Castle Courtyard.
QuoteJack and Sally from the Nightmare Before Christmas, return near Phantom Manor. This year you might even spot their little ghost dog, Zero!
QuoteOn the Royal Castle Stage, Mickey and his pals will be back, in his hugely popular show: 'Mickey's Halloween Treat in the Street Party'
QuoteAfter taking the risk of not decorating last year, the biggest surprise of this year is a complete new make over of Disneyland Park!
QuoteGold will go perfectly with Orange, as Main Street U.S.A. colides the 20th Anniversary overlay with all new Halloween Decorations!
QuoteDid I tell you that all decorations will be completely new!? A beautiful combination, inspired by decorations from California and Tokyo.
QuoteFor example, an idea from Tokyo: No 'Pumpkinmen', but the 'Ghosts' of former residents will be taking over Main Street incl. the Station!
QuoteWhilst huge 'Disney Character' shaped Pumkins (like the ones at the entrance of Disneyland Park in California) will take over Central Plaza!
QuoteIn Frontierland, the area around Lucky Nugget Saloon will celebrate a traditional Harvest Festival with plenty of Pumkins and Sunflowers!

There is already a topic in Disneyland Park about Halloween :)
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Kristof

Closing this topic;

please visit: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13847&p=222866#p222866 :-)