No Fantillusion, Winter Wonderland for Christmas 2012?

Started by dreamdisney, July 08, 2012, 11:10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamdisney

For the Disney Dreams, the Disney Fantillusion and Mickey's Winter Wonderland will not be the winter 2012...

//http://radiodisneyclub.fr/mickey-winter-reconduit-ainsi-la-fantillusion-pour-lhiver/

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: "dreamdisney"For the Disney Dreams, the Disney Fantillusion and Mickey's Winter Wonderland will not be the winter 2012...

//http://radiodisneyclub.fr/mickey-winter-reconduit-ainsi-la-fantillusion-pour-lhiver/

Thats pretty dismal, I wanted to see it, and winter seemed like the best time to see it while it was dark earlier.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

ed-uk

Quote from: "Trekkie101"
Quote from: "dreamdisney"For the Disney Dreams, the Disney Fantillusion and Mickey's Winter Wonderland will not be the winter 2012...

Thats pretty dismal, I wanted to see it, and winter seemed like the best time to see it while it was dark earlier.

I don't understand that, no Disney Dreams, no Fantillusion and no Mickey's Winter Wonderland in the winter 2012, can that be right?
Ed & David

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "ed-uk"I don't understand that, no Disney Dreams, no Fantillusion and no Mickey's Winter Wonderland in the winter 2012, can that be right?

No, what the article said is that there will be no Mickey's Winter Wonderland or Fantillusion this winter due to the cost of Disney Dreams.

ed-uk

Thanks.  I wonder if that's official from Disney, no Mickey's Winter Wonderland and Fantillusion due to the cost of Disney Dreams?
Ed & David

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "ed-uk"Thanks.  I wonder if that's official from Disney, no Mickey's Winter Wonderland and Fantillusion due to the cost of Disney Dreams?

I know, it seems odd. Surely if Fantillusion couldn't run because of Dreams! it wouldn't have ran this summer? Suppose we'll just need to wait for an official announcement.

ed-uk

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"
Quote from: "ed-uk"Thanks.  I wonder if that's official from Disney, no Mickey's Winter Wonderland and Fantillusion due to the cost of Disney Dreams?

I know, it seems odd. Surely if Fantillusion couldn't run because of Dreams! it wouldn't have ran this summer? Suppose we'll just need to wait for an official announcement.

Yes, and if it turns out to be the case it'll be the only Disney park in the world that can't afford to stage a show at Christmas, but I shouldn't be too surprised about that. I was hoping that Dreams would add to the entertainment roster of the park, not necessitate the cutting of a show and parade during the popular christmas season.
Ed & David

Scissorsboi

I hope this doesn't turn out to be true, old as it is, Mickey's Winter Wonderland is a staple of a DLP Christmas! With the rumours of a new tree I was hoping they were completely revamping the event, so maybe we're losing that in favour of a newer show?
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Josh

Yeah, I was about to say that the new Christmas tree they're going to get might have contributed to this. Maybe they've got a more expensive tree lighting ceremony planned as well.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

jonathan

Was Winter Wonderland the show where they were all on ice skates?

mickeyspal

Quote from: "jonathan"Was Winter Wonderland the show where they were all on ice skates?
Thats correct Jonathan, it's been running for years but it's still a good show. It would be a shame if they take this off during the winter season. :D
1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean

jonathan

Quote from: "mickeyspal"
Quote from: "jonathan"Was Winter Wonderland the show where they were all on ice skates?
Thats correct Jonathan, it's been running for years but it's still a good show. It would be a shame if they take this off during the winter season. :D

Yeah I thought so but thought I'd ask to make sure.  Yes I agree it would be a shame for their to be no show of this kind during the Christmas season.  We're going again over Christmas this year nd were looking forward to it but if its gone theres nothing we can do I suppose and can't let it spoil our trip.

Fingers crossed it stays though  :D

Josh

They can't even have shows in Central Plaza anymore, because there's no stage. I wonder if they'll use the Castle Stage for the castle-lighting ceremony.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

jonathan

It ceratinly will be a slight let down if theres no shows.  For us the Chrsitmas trips are all about the shows and aspects that you dont get at other times of the year.

petals

I was asking someone on Disney Paris's facebook page. He said Fantillusion isn't on this year but Disney Dreams is on and running until March 2013