Tangled (Disney 2010)

Started by Kristof, September 08, 2004, 01:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Columbiad

It doesn't look that bad, actually. But it still feels too Dreamworksy - the comedic voice-over, the "magic-hair". Wheres the Disney Classic feel, people? But I love the paper lanterns. They are beautiful. They look to be the best part of this film.

Soap

Quote from: "Columbiad"It doesn't look that bad, actually. But it still feels too Dreamworksy - the comedic voice-over, the "magic-hair". Wheres the Disney Classic feel, people? But I love the paper lanterns. They are beautiful. They look to be the best part of this film.

Check the feelings online at some critics which already had a sneakpeek for Tangled, they are saying the orginal movie will be more like Beauty and the Beast and less to the Dreamwork kind of trailer style!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Tuvok

Quote from: "Soap"
Quote from: "Columbiad"It doesn't look that bad, actually. But it still feels too Dreamworksy - the comedic voice-over, the "magic-hair". Wheres the Disney Classic feel, people? But I love the paper lanterns. They are beautiful. They look to be the best part of this film.

Check the feelings online at some critics which already had a sneakpeek for Tangled, they are saying the orginal movie will be more like Beauty and the Beast and less to the Dreamwork kind of trailer style!

I read that too, but why is Disney trying to sell a Dreamwork-isch trailer for a Disney movie? Do they think if they put all the - rather bad - jokes in the trailer, that people would run into the theaters?

The paper lanterns scene looks beautiful! Hopefully there are more scenes like those in the movie. It reminds me of the 'Kiss the Girl' scene from The Little Mermaid.
Tangled will be more like Beauty and The Beast? That's bold. In my opinion, BATB is THE best animated movie of all time, so if Tangled is only half that good, it will be a great movie.  ;)
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Disney_Dreamer

I think they should have hand-drawn this movie. It looks too much like a dreamworks movie to me.

DisneyPictures

Hey, everyone!  I'm here on behalf of Disney, and it is wonderful to hear that there is excitement about our new movie Tangled.  The trailer posted above is actually the international trailer for Tangled.  

The new theatrical trailer can be found here: http://www.deadline.com/2010/09/hot-trailer-tangled/

Check out this version, and let me know what you think.  Thanks!  :D

DisneyPictures

Did anyone get a chance to watch the trailer? Also, if any of you wanted to read a bit more about the film, Collider.com did a great interview with Zachary Levi while on set. You can read it here: http://www.collider.com/2010/09/21/zach ... w-tangled/

Soap

Quote from: "DisneyPictures"Hey, everyone!  I'm here on behalf of Disney, and it is wonderful to hear that there is excitement about our new movie Tangled.  The trailer posted above is actually the international trailer for Tangled.  

The new theatrical trailer can be found here: http://www.deadline.com/2010/09/hot-trailer-tangled/

I like the idea where this is going.
But there's a big but, please drop the Dreamwork style trailers and jokes and put more Disney magic in it  :D
Great music, great animation, lovely storytelling and adorable characters will beat Dreamwork flicks every day of the week.

Nonetheless i think this is going to be a great 50th DISNEY Classic.  :thumbs:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Tuvok

Quote from: "Soap"
Quote from: "DisneyPictures"Hey, everyone!  I'm here on behalf of Disney, and it is wonderful to hear that there is excitement about our new movie Tangled.  The trailer posted above is actually the international trailer for Tangled.  

I like the idea where this is going.
But there's a big but, please drop the Dreamwork style trailers and jokes and put more Disney magic in it  :D
Great music, great animation, lovely storytelling and adorable characters will beat Dreamwork flicks every day of the week.

Nonetheless i think this is going to be a great 50th DISNEY Classic.  :thumbs:

100% agree.  :D Please make some more 'The Princess and The Frog'-style movies, please, with that movie Disney hit the Magic again...  and loose the Dreamworks crappy jokes and slik visuals  ;)

DisneyPictures

Hey again,

Thanks for all of the feedback. I think I have just what you guys are looking for. Check out this "Creating the Hair" feature. It has both of the directors discussing all of the work that goes into the animation behind Rapunzel's hair. It's pretty intense. What do you think?

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-new ... ting-hair/

Masamune

o-o; You guys are comparing it to Dreamworks stuff like it's a bad thing. Have you guys ever seen The Road to El Dorado? It's a FANTASTIC film, far better than a lot of Disney films. The music team consists of Elton John and Tim Rice, and honestly, I think their music in that film is even better than the Lion King, and the Lion King is my third fave Disney film ever.

However, The Road to El Dorado is a traditionally animated film rather than computer animated, which I think Dreamworks do very well. In regards to their computer animation style, I think it's much better than some of Disney's attempts such as Meet the Robinsons and Bolt.

:) So anyways, my point is this. Tangled looks great in my opinion, and if I did have anything negative to say about it, it wouldn't have anything to do with possible similarities to the style of Dreamworks films.

Tuvok

Quote from: "Masamune"o-o; You guys are comparing it to Dreamworks stuff like it's a bad thing. Have you guys ever seen The Road to El Dorado? It's a FANTASTIC film, far better than a lot of Disney films. The music team consists of Elton John and Tim Rice, and honestly, I think their music in that film is even better than the Lion King, and the Lion King is my third fave Disney film ever.

However, The Road to El Dorado is a traditionally animated film rather than computer animated, which I think Dreamworks do very well. In regards to their computer animation style, I think it's much better than some of Disney's attempts such as Meet the Robinsons and Bolt.

:) So anyways, my point is this. Tangled looks great in my opinion, and if I did have anything negative to say about it, it wouldn't have anything to do with possible similarities to the style of Dreamworks films.

Not all movies from Dreamworks are bad, just 95% of them. I personally realy like The Prince of Egypt. By far, Dreamwork's finest film and, regarding the music from that film, absolutely on par with Disney's big musical hits. Their other movies are full of crap. Sure, Disney also has it's share of crap movies when they were trying to copy Dreamworks, like Chicken Little, Meet The Robinssons and The Wild. I'm not going to defend them either regarging these flops.
Tangled just looks like it could very well be made by Dreamworks, while The Princess and The Frog has a quality to it only Disney can create. I hope I will be proven wrong, because I'm going to see Tangled once it's in the cinemas, but the trailer gives me a headache.

Soap

My point is that Disney shouldn't be copying Dreamworks stuff, it's not needed.
They have their own signature and style and should innovate from that point and put back more magic in them.

Imho the only great movie from Dreamworks is indeed TPOE, just the only movia i think breaths
Disney style from it :D
But off course this is all my opinion and surething that you can see the same from a Dreamworks point of view  ;)

dagobert

Quote from: "Soap"My point is that Disney shouldn't be copying Dreamworks stuff, it's not needed.
They have their own signature and style and should innovate from that point and put back more magic in them.

Imho the only great movie from Dreamworks is indeed TPOE, just the only movia i think breaths
Disney style from it :D
But off course this is all my opinion and surething that you can see the same from a Dreamworks point of view  ;)

I'm also not a big fan of Dreamworks. Their movies just don't have the quality of the Pixar movies. But the WDAS movies don't have it, too. The Princess and the Frog movie was a step into the right direction. I fear that Tangled will be like the Dreamworks movies.

TPOE is a great movie and definately DW's best, but I wasn't impressed by the others. Shrek 1 was also great and funny, but the rest of Shrek was bad.

DisneyPictures

Disney has actually allowed a few advanced screenings of Tangled to take place. Here is a review from one of them!

http://www.thewrap.com/awards/column-po ... gled-21321

pussinboots

The first song from Tangled has been released. It's sung by Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi and was composed by Alan Menken. Your thoughts?
[youtube:2oave5uo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5iFxpkz40o[/youtube:2oave5uo]

I like it. All I can think is that if this had been in The Princess and the Frog (maybe with a little jazz thrown in) I would've actually listened to that soundtrack more than once. Just a personal thing.

It doesn't seem as "instantly memorable" as "Kiss the Girl," say, but not every song has to be. Although I kind of hope the other Tangled songs will be a bit more... Well, Menken. Bigger, as Howard Ashman would've put it. But then Disney probably hoped a slightly more pop-ish song would do better outside of the context of the film.