Return to Disneyland! Trip Report (FINISHED!) [video added!]

Started by ecila, July 02, 2012, 11:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexB

Thank you for sharing.

I really enjoyed your report.

We are going in late August so really getting excited now.

debbieharry

wondreful pics so bright and clear, as for your buzz score you proberly went all the way round and started aging. my son did this one year as i saw his score he is really good. but i beat him he was not happy till i confeast that i saw his score go all the way round and started again.( we had lot's of stops and he was just blasting zurg and i could not hit anything )

PrincessEnya

Quote from: "ecila"Thank you! :)
Well we booked our trip through our travel agent and they gave us the form, we filled it out and then gave it back to our travel agent and they sent it to DLRP in order to confirm our booking :) Hope this helps, but I'm sure you can ring DLRP if you'd prefer and they could probably mail you the paperwork and you send it back :)

Thank your for your advice! Thing is, my parents are coming with us to France. They are going hiking in natural parks though. But they could come to the entrance of DLRP with us, I guess... but thank you very much for your advice, I might give DLRP a call just to be sure. Also, I love the second part of your trip report!! Pictures are awesome too!
Goldie, look at this! Look at all the blood in his mustache! Good sir, that\'s a lot of blood!

ecila

Thank you everyone for your kind comments :) Sorry I've taken so long to do Day Three, been very busy lately!

DAY THREE - Friday 30th June

We remembered to get a breakfast pass the day before for this morning, so we woke up from a phone call from Mickey at about 7 and got ready for another day in the parks. We got to breakfast at about 7:30, so it wasn't too busy when we arrived. Breakfast was quite average but neither of us were feeling too hungry. I made the mistake of asking Mike to go up and get me some coffee, but luckily I moved some of the froth out of the way before drinking it and realising it was black, as he had just pressed the first button he saw that said 'coffee' instead of 'coffee with milk' haha :') Bless! Anyway, we decided to walk to the parks this morning as we had to go back to the room to get a raincoat just in case.

We got into the park just after 8 and headed over to Fantasyland.  I really wanted to go on the Carousel so I had to practically beg Mike to let us go on! Hahah I had to persuade him to go on a horse aswell instead of a carriage haha O:)

It was still pretty empty at this point so we took this opportunity to have a photo in the Mad Hatter's Chair

As usual Mike didn't want  a photo for some reason :(  :-k After this we went round and went on Peter Pan's Flight again as it had a tiny wait time :D We decided to walk round to Discoveryland just as it began to pour down with rain, there was thunder and everything! It was now nearly 9 so we decided to walk over to the Studios to queue, only to find the turnstiles had already opened and by the looks of things had been open for a while. We really wanted to go on Crush's Coaster but the queue was already ridiculously long. Looking back we really should have just queued but for some reason we didn't :( We never got to go on Crush in the end for our whole trip and that's one thing that I really do regret. Our feet hurt for most of the trip so we really didn't want to do any long waits. Oh well, I guess it's just a reason to go back to Disney again :) Fortunately, one of my old favourites, Flying Carpets over Agrabah had a five minute wait and only had about 3 people in the queue! I know it's only a simple ride but I've loved it ever since I was little and first went to DLRP. I remember it being my favourite because on that trip my mum bought me a Jasmine outfit and hat, and I use to wear it on this ride and pretend I was Jasmine :') hahaha!

We walked round the studios for a while and went to scream into the Monsters Inc scream monitors :D We had a look round Toy Story Playland too just as it stopped raining.  

After this we walked round to Rock N Roller Coaster which said it had a five minute wait. We figured it would be a bit longer than 5 minutes as a lot of people had started rushing towards it. We actually queued for about 20 minutes but that was still fine with us :) I had missed this ride so much! This was the only time we went on it for our trip but it was so much fun :D

After this we wandered around a bit and saw that Art of Disney Animation only had a 5 minute wait. I remembered from my previous trips that I really enjoyed this so we went in.  The animation video with Mushu was in French so we had to listen through headphones but that wasn't a problem :) I love all of the artwork in there, especially the original designs for characters like Ursula and the Beast, it's weird thinking that such iconic characters might have looked completely different.

As we left we took a look at the mini statues outside of the disney characters. I took a few photos of some of them :)

It was about 1 now so we decided to go and have a big lunch and just have something small for dinner later. We decided to leave the Studios and go to Disney Village to have lunch at Annettes :) I ordered the mini incredible burger and I think Mike ordered the rockabilly burger. They were both delicious, mine was so big I couldn't manage to eat all of my chips!

After eating our massive lunch we were absolutely stuffed and decided now would be a good time to go back to the hotel for a rest. It was about 2 o clock about now, we walked back through the village and around the Lake, then had a half hour nap in our hotel room and we gave each other foot massages to try and ease the pain hahaha. After a good rest we decided to go back to the Studios. We saw people waiting around for Stars N Cars so we decided to wait in line for it too. I did enjoy this but I thought the cars actually went past quite fast! I tried to get some photos but have a good look at the same time which proved to be difficult! ahaha. I really loved the Little Mermaid car, the water effect on the side of the car is so good!

We tried to find something to go on after this but nearly everything had a long long queue by now. We decided we would try and get into the Studios early the next morning to try and go on anything else that we hadn't done by now :) So we decided to go back into the Parks :)

We decided to go and try to catch the Tarzan show in Frontierland. I had seen it before when I was about 6 but couldn't remember much. It was a lot better than I remembered! The gymnasts were amazing!

We hadn't seen much of this side of Frontierland so we decided to walk down to Pocahontas' village and see BTM from a different perspective :)

If I remember correctly, we went to BTM to use some fastpasses we had picked up earlier. When I think about it we probably went on BTM a lot more than any other ride in the parks, mainly thanks to the fastpass :) Once we had finished riding BTM we thought we might as well pick up another fastpass for 10:30 to 11 as we thought it might be fun to ride in the dark, and if we tried to get on as soon as we could we might get back in time for the start of dreams and find a place at the back. We decided to go up to Phantom Manor after BTM and this ended up being one of the only half bad moments of our trip. Whilst our car was going past the Ballroom scene, they stopped for atleast 10/15 minutes. The lights came on and everything which sort of ruined the magic as you could see down onto the ballroom floor and see that it was simply a patchy concrete floor with some special effects :( But we kept a lighthearted attitude and really didn't mind too much but it was just  a bit of a shame!

After that little blip we decided to go back to the hotel for a little while to have a few snacks and a rest before Dreams later on. We ended up staying at the hotel for a little too long as we only got thre shuttle into the parks at about 10:20! We decided to pass on our BTM fastpass as we didn't think we'd make it in time, but we do have a nice souvenir fastpass ticket now ;) We went to try and find a place for Dreams but for some reason all the crowds this evening decided not to sit down but to stand up :( I wish people would think about these things because if everyone just sat down then nearly everyone would be able to see and they wouldn't need to lift their children up on their shoulders :/ Nevertheless, I took my SLR this evening to try and get some good photos, but I had started to wish I had taken it with me another night as this was by far our worst view. Dreams was amazing nonetheless, I felt so sad that this would be our last time seeing it on this trip :( The Hunchback, Tangled and Finale scenes all managed to make me cry as usual :') If you don't want to see any photos of Dreams then please, don't look in the spoiler! :)

[spoiler:10760z9p]

[/spoiler:10760z9p]

After Dreams we walked back through the village again for a nice stroll by the lake and then back to our hotel room. We did some packing for the morning and got tucked up for our last night in DLRP.  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (May 2002)
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (Oct 2006)
- Santa Fe (June 2012) Trip report here]
//http://www.magicforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13794

ilovedisneylandparis

Aw, I loved your trip report and all of your photos! We never went to Art of Animation before but it looks so good, it's now on my list for next time thanks to you :D

Ooh and I definitely agree about people standing up during Dreams, we got a great spot when we went but people kept standing on benches in front of us?! I understand that sometimes kids can't see but it does seem a bit unfair when there are other kids sitting down/standing normally whose views then get restricted even more :( It's when they stand on the flowerbeds and stuff that upsets me, I was like THAT'S A DISNEY FLOWERBED HOW DARE THEY STAND ON IT haha :(

DLP-Photos.com

Wonderful report and some great photos - thank you very much for sharing!

I can relate to the thing about trying BTM a lot more than any other because of the fast passes. Me and my friend always end up trying it 10+ times, because the fast pass system of this ride is so effective. And of course it is one of the best rides too :)

I completely agree regarding the Hunchback, Tangled and Finale of Dreams - I must say that I didn't expect to get tears in my eyes (I guess that would be the standard thought of any 22-year old), but I have no problem admitting that I did! When I bought my camera to take photos of it too, I also noticed the many people standing (suddenly)... You probably cannot prevent people from standing, but certainly from standing on benches and such!

And it's nice to see a photo trip report where you can actually see the people going - that is always something I miss in my own for instance :P

So yes, thank you for sharing! Seems like you two had a wonderful trip!
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

ecila

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I have yet to install my last day of my trip report, I've been on holiday and been fiddling around with my video footage of our trip to DLRP :) Speaking of, I've made a video of our first day in DLRP which you can watch here:
[youtube:33352kh4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFSsDVe1dxE[/youtube:33352kh4]

You'll have to excuse our silly voices at some points, we sometimes get a bit silly around eachother :')
Hope you like it, it's my first time filming or editing so I've kept it quite simple haha :) Hopefully my last day will be up soon and I'll reply to all of your lovely comments! :)

ecila

Quote from: "geekyjo"Aw, I loved your trip report and all of your photos! We never went to Art of Animation before but it looks so good, it's now on my list for next time thanks to you :D

Ooh and I definitely agree about people standing up during Dreams, we got a great spot when we went but people kept standing on benches in front of us?! I understand that sometimes kids can't see but it does seem a bit unfair when there are other kids sitting down/standing normally whose views then get restricted even more :( It's when they stand on the flowerbeds and stuff that upsets me, I was like THAT'S A DISNEY FLOWERBED HOW DARE THEY STAND ON IT haha :(

Thank you! :) Oh good, some of the artwork in there is lovely and it's a nice rest from running around the studios :')

Oh I know, part of me was wishing that a CM or something would tell everyone to sit down haha, it makes so much more sense because you can see so much more, especially all the animations at the bottom of the castle at the entrance :( Ah well, just bad luck I suppose on the evening I decided to take photos of it :')

ecila

Quote from: "forza_united"Wonderful report and some great photos - thank you very much for sharing!

I can relate to the thing about trying BTM a lot more than any other because of the fast passes. Me and my friend always end up trying it 10+ times, because the fast pass system of this ride is so effective. And of course it is one of the best rides too :)

I completely agree regarding the Hunchback, Tangled and Finale of Dreams - I must say that I didn't expect to get tears in my eyes (I guess that would be the standard thought of any 22-year old), but I have no problem admitting that I did! When I bought my camera to take photos of it too, I also noticed the many people standing (suddenly)... You probably cannot prevent people from standing, but certainly from standing on benches and such!

And it's nice to see a photo trip report where you can actually see the people going - that is always something I miss in my own for instance :P

So yes, thank you for sharing! Seems like you two had a wonderful trip!

Yes! I think we used a fastpass for BTM nearly every time we went on but once, and it was so effective because towards the end of our trip the queues for it were getting huge :(

Oh I know haha, I got a bit choked up at the Hunchback scene and thought I'd be okay for the rest but as soon as the different Princess and Prince couples started dancing across the castle in the Tangled scene I just began to sob! haha

Thank you! I think next time I might ask someone nearby to take one of me and Mike together, as we did this more than a few times for other people but completely forgot about ourselves! haha and thank you very much, we had a lovely trip, stay tuned for day four! :)

alternativerock123

What an fantastic video! I cannot wait to see the other days - again as before, amazing photos and report. Glad you guys had a really nice time. =D
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

ecila

Quote from: "alternativerock123"What an fantastic video! I cannot wait to see the other days - again as before, amazing photos and report. Glad you guys had a really nice time. =D

Thank you very much! :D

ecila

Just to let you all know, a video of our second day in DLRP is now up on youtube :)
Here it is:

[youtube:2qo0wfk0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyYxdAWdfAo&feature=plcp[/youtube:2qo0wfk0]

Hope you like it!

ecila

DAY FOUR - Saturday 30th June

We awoke from a phone call from Mickey, and feeling sad and tired, we packed the rest of our belongings into our suitcase and had a quick breakfast in our room to save time. We said farewell to our lovely room and strolled down to reception to drop off our room key and luggage. On our way to Disneyland Park we scowled at the train station, feeling utterly bitter that we would be returning there late in the day. But we still had around 9 hours left in the parks to look forward to!

We arrived in Main St around 8:30 and had a slow stroll down

Another lovely sunny morning! We headed straight for Fantasyland through the castle, and noticed there were barely any people around Excalibur so we decided to take this opportunity to finally get a photo.

We went towards Peter Pan's Flight as it had a tiny wait time, and I enjoyed it more than ever knowing that it was probably the last time we would ride it on this trip. We knew that because it was a Saturday the parks were going to be a bit busier, and as we had no success with Crush's Coaster the previous days we decided we should get to the Studios early again. But once again we had no luck with the queue time, it was still around 80 minutes and we're not big fans of queuing for ages. We decided to go and try to get ahead on all the other queues so we walked round to the Studios Tour. We were some of the first in a group of people queuing around the entrance, waiting for the CM to let us go in to queue. While waiting I noticed that Tower of Terror barely had anyone queuing, and I would have rather gone on that, but Mike said he didn't want to go on again.

The studio tour was just as I remembered really, but it was still nice to relax and go on it as we barely queued for 10 minutes. After this we wandered around for a while and tried to see which rides had the smallest queues, but everything had got pretty busy while we had been on the ride. We walked round to see what the Rock n Roller Coaster queue was like but as I remember it was pretty big as we opted for Armageddon instead. The queue time said 15 minutes but we must have waited for a lot longer than that, as for ages we were the first people waiting behind the turnstile for the group of people in front of us to walk into the ride. We waited for ages there, then once we got into the queuing area we waited for probably another fifteen minutes. Our feet were so sore that this made us a bit miserable but I was quite anxious to go on the ride, as I have very few memories of it but I remember crying my eyes out last time I went on it! Needless to say I wasn't surprised I had cried, it was absolutely terrifying even to me now! I think I may have screamed aloud at one point!

We looked at the time and realised that they were just about to let people in for the 11:30 showing of Cinemagique, so we went ahead and were some of the first people in.  The cinema was so lovely and huge! We sat right in the middle and really enjoyed the show, especially the new additions that they've put in, it was so clever :) I definitely recommend it for a little break and a sit down.

After this we said goodbye to the Studios and headed back to Disneyland Park. We were sure that everything was going to be really busy but we just decided to go for it and maybe do a bit of shopping. We walked over to Discoveryland and saw that Orbitron only had a 20 minute wait and as we hadn't been on it yet. I thought it was so cool that they gave you little flight passes even if you only got to hold them for about 10 seconds before giving them back :')

We were feeling quite peckish after this so we decided for lunch today we were going to eat at Cafe Hyperion, after sitting in there watching cartoons all week we thought it might be nice to actually eat in there properly. We both had the chicken burger and chips with a coke, and I really enjoyed it. I thought it wouldn't fill me up but it really did, I could barely finish it! Whilst eating we had a bit of a unfortunate moment where Mike was facing a family sitting behind us, and apparently this child was staring Mike in the eyes before his mum put a cup under his mouth and he was sick into it and then they just wandered off as if nothing had happened. Mike was trying not to laugh and I had no idea what was going on, i do feel bad for the little kid but I think Mike was just laughing that he had been looking straight at him and then decided to be sick hahaha.

We then walked round to Fantasyland and we saw Pluto on our way through! We noticed that on Saturday we saw waaay more characters than we had seen through the whole week. We hadn't really seen any characters walking around this week but on Saturday we saw loads in fantasyland but they all had giant crowds around them.

We decided that we wanted to try and see if we could make BTM our last big ride of the trip so we went to see if we could get a fastpass, and at this point I think it was for 3:30 til 4:00. We queued for about 15 minutes until we were near the front and suddenly the machines stopped working. I don't know what was going on but a CM was just standing talking to one person in french and everyone else just stood behind the machines waiting for them to work. After about another 10 minutes everyone including us just gave up and left. We walked around to get Mike a pretzel and sat down to chill for a while before doing some shopping down Main St.

We also noticed that on this day the Anniversary train was coming up and down Main St quite frequently, which was nice because we got to enjoy the song again and again haha. We did some shopping around Main St and then walked over to Frontierland to look in a few shops there. I got a few postcards, a Belle figurine, an Ariel pen, a 20th Anniversary snowglobe and some sweets for my family. Mike didn't buy anything for some reason, he's not really a souvenir kinda guy :( After looking around the Frontierland shops we noticed the BTM fastpass was working now but the time was for around 6pm :(

I wasn't sure how much time we had left in the park so i asked Mike and he told me it was 3:30, which left us with a bit more time as we were going to leave the Parks at 5pm. We noticed the riverboat had a 15 minute wait and decided to start queuing. After about 10 minutes of waiting and the boat was just about to let everyone off,  Mike turned and said to me, "Are you sure we have enough time to go on this?" and I looked at him confused and explained that we were leaving at 5pm and he said "Yeah and it's quarter to five". He hadn't set his time forward on his phone and had told me the English time by mistake :') Luckily we left the landing and went to sit by Plaza Gardens and look at the castle for the last time. I was a bit disappointed that we had wasted that time queuing but it was quite funny :')

We slowly made our way down Main St as I fought back crying :( We said goodbye to the castle and said we'd be back soon :( I fought back the tears the whole train ride home, but I was quite thankful that I would actually get some rest. All in all we had an absolutely lovely trip and can't wait to go back. Mike and I are already planning our next trip and we now have a whole list of things to remember and make sure we do on our next trip :)

Thank you everyone for reading, and I'll be posting the next few videos I upload onto here :)

ecila

Day Three of our time in DLP is now up on youtube:

[youtube:3dzhh3xm]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWBgIiU1w1A[/youtube:3dzhh3xm]

ewormas

Hi, Ive loved watching/reading your trip report,you look so fun together!  I was wondering with the wake up call from Mickey Mouse do you request a call at reception or do you do it from the phone in your room?  Can't believe i'm almost on my 30th trip and never knew about this-gutted!