Disney's Enchanted Christmas 2012

Started by Josh, June 30, 2012, 04:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemermaid83

With Dreams cutbacks have to be made. I know this is not good for those who wanted to see Fantillusion and MWW. But DLP sadly cannot afford it all this year.

Hopefully next year will be better once Dreams go to Weekends and High Season only.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Lorum

Exactly.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

petals

Quote from: "Lorum"
Quote from: "petals"
Quote from: "Lorum"I don't think they install it this year. It would ruin the projections.

Sorry but how would it? The WDW castle has a billion more lights than the Paris castle and WDW was able to project Magic, Memories and you onto the castle with the lights up.

They could install it. Probably they'll do, because it's a Christmas icon in DLP. They could even use the lighting to interact with the show. But if you want to see the show near the Castle, glass/plastic bulbs will reflect/refract light beams. Then there are cables and structures. You'll be able to see Quasi, Rémy and Peter, of course. But now you have one more layer and the show wasn't programmed for that.

WDW turn off the lights when MMAY is on. I honestly don't see why it would/should affect the Dreams show other than maybe it looks like there's water involved.

DutchBrit

Seeing as the castle is now surrounded by all sorts of technical trickery, wouldn't it be a better idea to simply project some Christmassy glitter/decorations onto the castle when it gets dark?

I didn't see them live last year, but from photos, I thought the castle lights looked pretty half-hearted when compared to 2010 etc. They might as well try something new.

Lorum

Quote from: "petals"WDW turn off the lights when MMAY is on. I honestly don't see why it would/should affect the Dreams show other than maybe it looks like there's water involved.

I won't explain it twice.

Quote from: "DutchBrit"Seeing as the castle is now surrounded by all sorts of technical trickery, wouldn't it be a better idea to simply project some Christmassy glitter/decorations onto the castle when it gets dark?

I didn't see them live last year, but from photos, I thought the castle lights looked pretty half-hearted when compared to 2010 etc. They might as well try something new.

That's a good idea. But I would like to see a Christmas special for Dreams!

Figgygirl

I have two trips booked for Christmas season, but now that we will not have Fantillusion, Mickeys Winter Wonderland and Belle's Christmas Village, I am probably cancelling one of them.
I have not cancelled a DLP trip in 20 years, and could never have imagined myself doing so, but I feel that Enchanted Christmas will be sadly lacking this year.
Yes, Dreams is amazing and I love it, but having seen it in June, and will again in October, I really wish I had booked a summer season trip this year as I love the electrical parades.  
I am taking a friend for her first trip and 60th birthday, and she was looking forward to Fanti and MWW after I told her about them.  I'm sure we will still enjoy ourselves, but I am very disappointed that she won't see these.

Figgygirl

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"With Dreams cutbacks have to be made. I know this is not good for those who wanted to see Fantillusion and MWW. But DLP sadly cannot afford it all this year.

Hopefully next year will be better once Dreams go to Weekends and High Season only.

Has it definitely been confirmed that Dreams will only be on at weekends and high seasons from next year?

Thanks.

Lorum

No, but quite likely.

DopeyDad

Really? Why?
Part of the rationale behind Dreams was to produce evening entertainment that didn't produce the noise limitations of fireworks and the restricted operating hours it caused. Dreams created an entertainment offering they can use year round. Unless its not drawing a crowd, I don't see it being limited, if operating costs are the issue, it would seem more likely we'll continue to see other offerings limited rather than their flagship show, don't you think?

Lorum

Yes! Probably, they wanted a show which didn't produce that noise, because they wanted to run it during the 20th.

But, hey! We're in Disneyland Paris! And anything can happen. Only time will tell.

disney-john

Never been at christmas, but would have liked to, but if more cutbacks are planned, I agree with other fans about cancelling their trips.  Hopefully the wdc buy out will happen and this will restore the seasonal entertainment and shows to the resort,  as it is being run into the ground, and I am planning to return to wdw instead of dlp, which saddens me as dlp is the most beautiful park....
"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney

petals

Quote from: "Lorum"I won't explain it twice.

Yeah so by your argument what can be done in one disney park can't be done in another for no logical reason!
As I said WDW have thousands more lights than Paris and they can still project images onto their castle without any of the images being affected by the light-bulbs!  :roll:

Lorum

Finally, Castle's lighting will return for Christmas this year.

pfspock

And even better, the chandeliers won't :D . Good riddance.  Finally they are going to be replaced by garlands like the ones in Orlando and Anaheim. This is great.

Lorum

Yes! I read it yesterday. That's great!!