Disney's Enchanted Christmas 2012

Started by Josh, June 30, 2012, 04:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

viewtopic.php?p=230021#p230021
Quote from: "Kristof"

9 November 2012 - 6 January 2013

What's new, what's returning and what's not coming back for this year's Christmas season?

Christmas Cavalcade

All new cavalcade with toys coming to life set to a special Christmas version of Magic Everywhere.

Santa Claus Village
Santa Claus takes over Critter Corral once again, this year featuring a new entrance.

Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony
A slightly revamped verison of the Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony on Town Square.

Magic Castle Moment
The Castle Lighting Ceremony will this year use the fountains from Disney Dreams.

Santa Goofy and Duffy
Meet Santa Goofy on Town Square in his sleigh and Duffy near the Storybook Store.

Belle meet 'n' greet
Belle will meet guests at The Old Mill.

New Main Street decorations
The LED Princess chandeliers are not returning, instead garlands similar to the ones used in Disneyland California and Walt Disney World will decorate the street.
Snow Men shaped like Disney characters will decorate Central Plaza.

"its a small world celebration"
The popular seasonal lay-over of "it's a small world" has already returned.

Unconfirmed / not returning

Disney's Fantillusion
Despite rumours, Disney's Fantillusion will not be performed during this year's Christmas season.

New Christmas Tree
A new Christmas Tree was rumoured by @InsideDLParis, however the old one is currently up on Town Square. The new one will reportedly be used next year.

Mickey's Winter Wonderland
The Chaparral Theater won't be hosting any show this season.

Belle's Christmas Village
This Christmas Season-classic will not return this year.

Original post by Josh:

I know it's really early to be starting this topic, but @InsideDLParis has just announced that, after 20 years, we'll be getting a new Christmas tree!

"Speaking of Christmas... did you know? This year, Town Square will hold a brand new 25 meter tall Christmas Tree! Happy 20th!"
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Scissorsboi

I hope to God that it isn't that hideous Duffy tree they launched at WDW last year that was swiftly removed due to everyone with eyes hating it!

I'd love it to look like a traditional tree, but I get the impression it'll have a gimmick..
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Figgygirl

I also prefer a traditional Christmas Tree so hope the new one is not gimmicky or horribly modern. Only a traditional tree will be in keeping with Town Square and Main Street IMO.
Has anyone heard anything about Fantillusion running for Enchanted Christmas again this year? When I was there last Christmas the rumour was that this was the last appearance of Fantillusion, before being shipped over to one of the US parks. Then it was announced for Summer Time 2012. Is this summer definitely the last appearance of Fantillusion in DLP, now we have Dreams?

Josh

We don't know what's going on with Fantillusion. The most recent rumour is that Dreams was too expensive and they can't afford Fantillusion and Mickey's Winter Wonderland, but that could easily change.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

ed-uk

Indeed, apparently there are going to be 14th of July fireworks over Sleeping Beauty Castle again this year, there was some doubt about that from one or two members of the forum because of Dreams. No extra fireworks this year because of Dreams, they had probably asked a CM in the Earl of Sandwich.
Ed & David

petals

Quote from: "Josh"We don't know what's going on with Fantillusion. The most recent rumour is that Dreams was too expensive and they can't afford Fantillusion and Mickey's Winter Wonderland, but that could easily change.
I asked a CM on facebook and they said Fantillusion is definately not on this Christmas season.

What I want to know is when IASW is closing and reopening for it's make-over doesn't seem to be any dates. Anyone know what dates it closed and re-opened last year so can maybe judge by that?

caspdex

petals

by that there could be quite a few fantasyland rides down on our trip  :( They're the rides we like best because we're not into the thrill rides

jonathan

I wouldn't always go by whats been done in the past.  DLP can be habitual in their maintenance and refurbs but keep your fingers crossed that all the rides you want aren't down.

Judging by that list  Casey Jr and Les Pays Du..... often run a limited operation schedule anyway especially at that time of year and Dumbo was only down for 2 days.  Snow White being down for 4-5 days is a shame especially if those are the days you're going but again be hopeful that DLP dont use the same schedule every year.

Have  a great trip

Lorum

Disney's Enchanted Christmas 2012

• Disney Dreams! Nighttime Spectacular
  • NEW! La Cavalcade de Noël / The Christmas Cavalcade.
    Santa Claus on his sleigh with the elves, dolls and soldiers. And of course Mickey, Minnie and all their friends on a special decorated float.
  • La Cérémonie d'Illumination du Sapin de Noël / Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony.
  • Le Village du Père Noël au Cottonwood Creek Ranch à Frontierland / Santa's Village at Cottonwood Creek Ranch in Frontierland.
  • "it's a small world" Celebration.
  • Meet 'n' Greet (Goofy, Santa, Winnie...).

We're losing this year the Disney's Fantillusion Parade, Mickey et la Magie de l'Hiver, Belle's Village and temporarily Le Train du 20ème.

Source: DisneyCentralPlaza Forum

So this confirms that Disney's Fantillusion Parade will see its last performance this summer. At least, until Summer 2013.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

ed-uk

New/ The Christmas Cavalcade.  Looks  like Disney have split the chrismas unit away from Disney Magic on parade. No Fantillusion, that's a shame, but then we've got Dreams instead so that's good.
Ed & David

Lorum

It would be great if Glendale makes a Christmas special for Disney Dreams! Don't you think?

QuoteNew/ The Christmas Cavalcade. Looks like Disney have split the chrismas unit away from Disney Magic on parade.

Yes. And that's a good idea. I didn't like the pre-parade. It looked cheap and ridiculous.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

Soap

Sadly no Belle's Village  :cry:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

gldc

NOOOOOO Fantillusion is gone!  :(
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

petals

does this all start on the 9th of November and is the regular one's then going to be running on say the 7th :)