Disney Dreams! Dining Package & Special Menus

Started by Lorum, February 22, 2012, 12:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wendyo

Hi Figgygirl,  did you or anyone else ever find out the menu's for walts, silver spur  and blue lagoon dreams meals. I am going with 8 people and one is only veggie and I need to know before I book what is available. If anyone has any info I would be most grateful.

never2old

Quote from: "wendyo"Hi Figgygirl,  did you or anyone else ever find out the menu's for walts, silver spur  and blue lagoon dreams meals. I am going with 8 people and one is only veggie and I need to know before I book what is available. If anyone has any info I would be most grateful.

I've seen the menus (Silver Spur and Walt's, appartently Blue Lagoon is no longer available for the Dreams package), and although I can't remember the details there were definitely no vegetarian options (you had a choice between fish and meat). But I have seen mentioned in a few places that you can ask for a vegetarian alternative.

Pluto2011Pluto

Is it only guest staying in the castle club suite that are allowed to see the dreams show form the balcony in the fonder club or can guest who staying the rooms in the rest of the Disneyland Hotel also to see the dreams show from the balcony of the founder club.

grovesie

We ate at Walts having the VIP menu, There were items which did not suit some of our parties tastes so we asked if we could subsitute items from the regular menu, which was agreed without any fuss.

The VIP area whilst not in the best place, was not full we walked around it to get the best view. we arrived 2 minutes before Fantilusion and was at the front and that was during the school holidays. Saying that I did get hassle from those behind the VIP area saying I was in their way.

never2old

Quote from: "Pluto2011Pluto"Is it only guest staying in the castle club suite that are allowed to see the dreams show form the balcony in the fonder club or can guest who staying the rooms in the rest of the Disneyland Hotel also to see the dreams show from the balcony of the founder club.

You need to book the Dreams package dinner in the DLH to view the show from the Founder's Club (at the very moderate price of about 200 euro per person); I don't think you need to stay in the Castle Club to book it though.

Pluto2011Pluto

Hi never2old does Disney Dreams Dining Package include Walt's restaurant.  And where exactly do you go  for  the VIP viewing after you ate at Walt's restaurant.

never2old

Quote from: "Pluto2011Pluto"Hi never2old does Disney Dreams Dining Package include Walt's restaurant.  And where exactly do you go  for  the VIP viewing after you ate at Walt's restaurant.

Walt's is included, yes (the other restaurant in the Steakhouse in Frontierland).

I'll found out exactly on Sunday (I've booked a Dream dinner package in Walt's), but from what I've gathered here the viewing area is next to Casey Jr.

I'll try to take lots of pictures this weekend and share them here!!

MrsPirate

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the Dreams package. Have a great time.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

lynny

how do you book the silver spur steakhouse with dreams package and can someone please post a picture of the vip area where you watch dreams,i cant quite picture where it is :oops:  
thank you
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

never2old

Hello all! I'm just back from a wonderful trip! I will post some pics soon, but I wanted to give you a quick update on the Dreams package.

We had dinner at Walt's (we just booked the restaurant normally and mentioned it was for the Dreams package, for a 21:00 show the latest we could have dinner at was 18:00).

For the menu we had a choice of two starters and two main courses (and I have to say, that was probably the best meal I've had in the whole stay), and then the 20th anniversary dessert.

After dinner they give you a little bracelet (and ask you to keep the receipt just in case), and then you can go to the VIP viewing area. I don't know if they've changed it (I thought it was by Casey's Corner), but in fact it's now just in front of the Dreams control booth. You have a great view from there. And there's plenty of room to move around. We were leaning against the fence, with no one in front of us.

It was totally worth it, I really recommend it!

I'll post some pics soon

SVioletS

never2old, glad to read you had a great time! Looking forward for the trip report and pics! :)

Regarding Dreams package, do you know if it will continue during October? How much does it cost, and do you know if we can use meal vouchers to pay for it (paying the extra of course!)!

Thanks a lot! :)

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

never2old

Quote from: "SVioletS"never2old, glad to read you had a great time! Looking forward for the trip report and pics! :)

Regarding Dreams package, do you know if it will continue during October? How much does it cost, and do you know if we can use meal vouchers to pay for it (paying the extra of course!)!

Thanks a lot! :)

Originally they said the package would only be available until end of September, but I'm hoping they continue it, I don't see why they wouldn't, and to be honest I would go for it again next time we visit.

I think it was 40 euro per person, and yes, you can use your vouchers as their face value. I could use the shareholders discount!

SVioletS

If they continue with the package i'll definitly go for it! It's good to have an insider's opinion! :D

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

RichardvG

Looking at the daily schedule for next week I would say they continue the Dinner Package:

http://bit.ly/aIpUxA

never2old

Got some pictures from the menu at Walt's

The two starters:

And the lamb:

(sorry we both had the same... and all the other tables around us seemed to be also having the lamb, so I have no idea what the seabass looked like!)

And the 20th anniversary dessert:

20s everywhere

The food was delicious. I had the scallops carpaccio (really tasty!!) and my husband the salad (he said it was very good). And the lamb... I think that was the best lamb I've ever had. So tender, it melted in the mouth. And delicious.

The dessert was also very good (personally I woud have liked something with more chocolate...)

And now I'm hungry again  :roll:  :P