Disney Dreams! Dining Package & Special Menus

Started by Lorum, February 22, 2012, 12:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulak

Hello where i can find opening / closing times for restaurants in DLP on May 2012? Agrabah Cafe, Blue Lagoon... And which will be completely closed? Thank you!
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

britincgn

Booked for May 28th "Walts" .
Wondering were the Vip viewing is ,on the telephone I was told its been changed .

amanda08

ooh, let us know someone! i was going to book it also for the 28th but after hearing where the vip area was I did not bother, but maybe I will still book if it is now in a better spot!

britincgn

Someone tweeted that the new VIP area is next to the control booth ...anyone heard anything .????

Josh

Do you mean it's in front of the control booth? Otherwise, it's in the same place. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Buzzs'Gang

We were there in April and didnt bother with the package as the VIP area was awful near Caseys Corner, although when we enquired at City Hall the CM did say it may change in the future as they were intending to get feed back from guests. Hope it has, the VIP area was rubbish! If it does might treat ourselves when we return in August.

Thaliel

We had booked the dinner for my birthday (wednesday, it was my 30th ^___^) and the area was located directly afoot the little house where the people controlling the show sit in. As we had the wheelchair, we were glad about it, since we have had a very bad experience from new year's eve 200)/2010 when my poor sister sitting in her wheelchair (and us as well) could not even breathe with all those pople squeezing everywhere
<-Plz click

mickeyspal

Hi,
Has anyone tried viewing Dreams from the Founders Club; if so how good is the view, is it worth paying extra just to watch a show?
We're going in August and looking to book California Grill special Dreams menu for one of the nights, but I would appreciate feed back if you think it worth it.

1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean

Lorum

Does anyone know the Spanish telephone number for reservations?
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

Figgygirl

I watched Dreams from the Founders Club balcony in Castle Club which goes with the VIP Dreams meal in California Grill. I was fortunate to be invited, so didn't pay the € 199 adult price of the special meal - I just had dinner there from the main menu at 6pm.

I was videoing during Dreams so didn't take photos, but personally although it was a great experience I was glad that I had already seen Dreams standing directly in front of the Castle, as you cannot see everything from the balcony. Some of it is hidden by buildings on Main Street, and you really need binoculars to see the projections properly.  The music also seemed faint compared to being in the park closer to the Castle.

This is the view you have, in daylight and after dark, from the balcony.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/figgygirl/ ... 0252894058

http://www.flickr.com/photos/figgygirl/ ... 252894058/

You can see that as your are not directly facing Main Street and the Castle, the right side is partially blocked by Main Street buildings.

Don't book this just for watching the show, as you may be disappointed. The lasers and fountains looked fabulous from there though.

Hope this helps.

Figgygirl

The VIP Dreams meal in California Grill can only be booked through the Concierge Desk at the Disneyland Hotel, not through Disney Dining Reservations.

Figgygirl

Compare the distant view of the Castle from the balcony with the photos of Dreams I took standing right in front of it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/figgygirl/ ... 222834740/

Figgygirl

If anyone can give current VIP Dreams menus for Walts, Blue Lagoon and Silver Spur I would be very grateful. I know they have added more choices including vegetarian ones, but full menus would be much appreciated.

Figgygirl

The main point of the VIP area in the park is not for the best view, but to have a reserved less crowded area where you can arrive 30 mins before Dreams begins, knowing you will not have people crowding you. People who have done this with young children said it was worth doing. One of the Guest Flow CMs on duty there told me that only 60 guests are allowed into the VIP area. The area is in front of the Dreams Control building, so behind the circle where the large stage used to be, looking across Central Plaza where many people gather to watch the spectacular.

I was happy to get my place right in front of the Castle at 9.30pm for 11pm show, but not everyone wants to wait that long, especially if the ground is wet and you have to stand for 1.5 hrs  ( as I did on 3 nts ). My last day was hot and sunny, so everyone sat on the dry ground to wait and watch Dreams, which meant more people had a better view at the front.

Fluffymilly

There is a special section on the pavement at the rear of the roundabout in front of the castle. Since the area has been flattened you get a cracking view so long as there aren't any people standing on the grass. We didnt bother as obviously the meals are more expensive and you can get a great view anyway on the roundabout itself. Walts had a menu for 40 euros and I know a couple of other restaurants were offering Dreams Menus. The reserved viewing area could still be a bit of a squash I think. The Disneyland Hotel offer a package for 199 Euros per person! You get pre dinner drinks in the bar, a meal in California Grill and then private viewing from Castle Club.