Hotel "Key" Ratings

Started by jj554, January 13, 2012, 06:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jj554

Are these hotel key ratings equivalent to stars? Are they in any way officially graded, or is it just something Disney decides for itself?

The only reason I ask is because in the new 20th anniversary brochure, I notice that Disneyland Hotel has been slyly bumped up from it's previous four keys (which it is still showing as on the dreadful official website by the way) to FIVE keys "Prestige Deluxe Resort" - they haven't made any real changes though, have they?

Is it all just a ploy (like so many other things) to justify the higher prices? I just wondered if these ratings are given by an independent body.

Sorry that my first two topics sound like I'm a massive moaner. I actually LOVE DLRP, honest.  ;)
Trips so far
April 2011 - Sequoia Lodge (First ever DLRP trip)
Nov 2011 - Newport Bay Club (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2011)
Sep 2012 - Hotel New York (20th Anniversary Celebrations)
Nov 2013 - Hotel Cheyenne (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2013)
Dec 2015 - Disneyland Hotel (Disneyland at Christmas)

captain rocket

I believe that these ratings are those of Disney themselves, they have always quoted the Disneyland Hotel as 5star well, this would rate it equally with some of the best hotels in Europe, and whilst it is the best hotel at DLRP it is not 5star in any way, independetly I believe DH would struggle to get a 4star rating. I also love Disney, but the quality of the hotels does not justify the cost!

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "captain rocket"I also love Disney, but the quality of the hotels does not justify the cost!

Location Location I guess :|

David

Josh

Outside the Sequoia Lodge Hotel, there was a sign for the hotel's star rating by an official organisation. It matches the "key rating" of three stars. I'd assume it was the same for the Disneyland Hotel's four star rating. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

captain rocket

I tried Googling Key ratings for European hotels and all they offer is an explanation of the STAR system, As I said in my earlier post I believe the Key system is one dreamed up by Disney themselves to help us to guage the quality of the hotels against one another.