Primary Motivation for going to DLP

Started by davewasbaloo, October 28, 2011, 05:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your primary motivation for visiting Disneyland Paris

To see and meet my favorite animated characters?
3 (7.3%)
To ride and see amazing attractions that can only be found in a Disney park?
5 (12.2%)
To soak up the atmosphere, sense of time and place?
26 (63.4%)
To see the look on my children\'s faces?
4 (9.8%)
To have a wide variety of choice of things to see and do as a family?
3 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: October 28, 2011, 05:29:21 PM

davewasbaloo

Another series of threads has prompted me to explore some ideas. I have kept it so you can only choose one option. Although many or all of them may apply, what is the biggest factor to you and your family/friends when going to DLP?
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

That's a tough choice, but I chose "To soak up the atmosphere, sense of time and place". At first I was thinking about taking #2, but at the moment the other parks are creating better rides than WDI. During our recent visits to DLRP we realized that it wasn't about the rides anymore. We spent much more time in just walking through the parks and enjoying the atmosphere.

ed-uk

i can't choose just one option, but I would have voted for number two and number three, the Disney rides and to soak up the atmosphere.
Ed & David

davewasbaloo

The whole point however is to have you go for an overarching option. The primary reason.

ed-uk

It's about both for me, otherwise I might just as well go to a theme park here in England. It's the atmosphere of Main Street and the other lands which are world class, and the rides that make Disneyland for me. But I wouldn't go without the rides.
Ed & David

davewasbaloo

I know I have made it tough on purpose, I suppose I wanted people to really think about their answers (I was also very interested to see how my own views fit in with that of others).

Vegitabeta

To get away from reality as much as I possibly can!

aklyja

Tough one, really tough one!  While I love the whole atmosphere of the park, the real reason we're going back to Disney so soon after our last trip (we went at the beginning of October for Halloween and are returning at the end of November for Chrismas) is because of our little boy.  His reactions to the character are priceless, he has absolutely no doubt that the Mickey Mouse he met in Inventions was the real Mickey Mouse.  We decided to do a Christmas trip while he was still in nursery so that we don't have to take him out of school and because at 4 he's still young enough to have an unwavering believe in Father Christmas.

I'm not a fan of other theme parks - I'm a big wimp when it comes to rides, Pirates of the Carribean is about my limit!  BTM scared the life out me!  So places like Alton Towers and Thorpe Park are wasted on me.  Disney with its combination of family friendly rides, shows and spectacles is for me the perfect theme park.

Josh

I chose "To ride and see amazing attractions that can only be found in a Disney park." I love the stories of the rides and lands of Disney Parks and how they've been translated so effectively into real life. It still amazes me that after over 50 years of WED Imagineering, other theme parks still can't get it right (at least, not any of the ones in Britain or Orlando). They don't immerse you into the stories as well as the Disney attractions and lands.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Little mermaid 240

Hi just had a quick vote with the family OH, our 16yo daughter and I like the atmosphere and the little finishing details of the rides but not the big ones I can do BTM but Crush scared the life out of me :-(
Little Mermaid x

Elaine

this time, definitely to soak up the atmosphere - this will be my 3rd Christmas season trip to DLP and it really does take my breath away. I will admit to spending a good part of my time in the parks after the sun has set each evening with a huge lump in my throat and a tear in my eye at how beautiful it is with the tree, castle, Main St, and Santas Grotto all festooned in lights and lanterns.

Elaine

Sugaroo_

The rides!!!!  :D  :thumbs:

As a young couple with no children we're all about the rides and the thrills! But soaking up the atmosphere comes in a close second, we love the little details and the themeing.
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

MrsPirate

Definately to soak up the atmosphere, the rides are a close second but without the atmosphere I might as well go the Chessington. I'm not bothered about the characters but the children like them.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

davewasbaloo

Thanks for the input so far everyone, this is really interesting reading....

never2old

Atmosphere for me too, though meeting the characters are for me part of it... I love the rides and spend most of my time in the parks doing them, but the magical feeling comes from simply walking around the park, soaking it all in...