Woody's Round Up Village

Started by lauralouisemidwinter, October 25, 2011, 02:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lauralouisemidwinter

Hello All,
I don't know if anone else is but I am following Inside DLP on Twitter and they have uploaded some photo's over the last couple of days showing the Round Up Village being repainted and all of the sighns removed. I am going in Feb and was wondering will it be back up and running by then or will there be no more Woody ?
I hope you can all help a fellow Disney Freak :D
Love Laura  :cheshire_bounce:
Laura Louise

My yesterday is your today, My today is your tomorrow.

DLP - 2011 - May/June - Santa Fe
DLP - 2012 - February - Santa Fe - VERY COLD
DLP - 2013 - March - Santa Fe
DLP - 2014 - September Santa Fe - CAN'T WAIT

peter

i recently started a topic on this as well. it turns out that it hasn't been used as woody's roundup since november 2010.
perhaps we are seeing a new attraction on its way. the return of the petting farm perhaps??

jackieann

Really. i loved woodys round up meet and greet sad to see it go.  It will be santas workshop at xmas tho wont it?

peter

yes, i think so. TBH, i think toy story meet n greets should move over to TSPL, it makes much more sense.

Vegitabeta

That makes a lot more sense, and they seem to have plenty space over there for it too.

davewasbaloo

It is sad in some ways. It did cost them a bit to build woody's roundup and I did forecast this would happen. The key thing is, will this facility remain shattered or will the breathe some new life into it. I fear the former. And I would not expect the characters to go into TSPL. Given woody and the gang do chargeable meet and greets next door at cowboy cookout bbq, I suspect that is the main motivation.
since 2001 (many before that)

Patrick89

Quote from: "peter"i recently started a topic on this as well. it turns out that it hasn't been used as woody's roundup since november 2010.
perhaps we are seeing a new attraction on its way. the return of the petting farm perhaps??

At least I saw a rooster two weeks ago - for the first time since about 5 years ;)
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

lauralouisemidwinter

Thankyou all so much for your help. Is there any other way I can see Woody and Jessie without paying for a meal ?
 :cheshire_bounce:
Laura Louise

My yesterday is your today, My today is your tomorrow.

DLP - 2011 - May/June - Santa Fe
DLP - 2012 - February - Santa Fe - VERY COLD
DLP - 2013 - March - Santa Fe
DLP - 2014 - September Santa Fe - CAN'T WAIT

davewasbaloo

You can ask at City Hall to see if they are doing any meet and greets. Or the parade they are on a float.
since 2001 (many before that)

Elaine

Quote from: "lauralouisemidwinter"Thankyou all so much for your help. Is there any other way I can see Woody and Jessie without paying for a meal ?
 :cheshire_bounce:

they are in the Stars n Cars parade in the Studios every day, and if you stand backstage at this parade you can meet them hopefully - we usually do  :) .

Elaine

tubbsy

Used the good ol' search on here to try and find info on Woodys Round up. As we havent been since August 2010, has this been left to become a very sad, unloved part of DLP or has it been rejuvinated into something else? Apologies if there is another thread talking about what it is now.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Festival Disney

It's empty, but its still maintained. That whole corner of frontierland is pretty lonely this year!
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

tubbsy

What a shame!Maybe one day something magical will happen ...

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

DisneyManiac

Quote from: "tubbsy"What a shame!Maybe one day something magical will happen ...

I was thinking about an extension for Cowboy Cookout Barbeque, a Barbeque Pit perhaps?

tubbsy

That'd be an easy and cheerful fix :)
I know DLP dont formally allow picnicking in the park, but if they made this a picnic area, at least it wouldnt be an empty, sad space.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia