Our 2nd Disney Halloween 3rd-9th Oct 2011

Started by kelly.dylan, October 11, 2011, 12:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelly.dylan

So we are back and after spending nearly all day yesterday uploading photos onto Facebook I am going to get started on my trip report :D

This was our 2nd Halloween trip and although the atmosphere wasn't quite the same as last year we had an amazing time!!
We get the Eurostar from St.Pancras and left just before 9.40am. I had booked Disney Express and got all of our passes etc. on the train. This was when Dylan realised we weren't staying in the Santa Fe as i had originally told him and that I had changed our booking to the Newport  Bay. He was really chuffed but said he was never going to trust me again ;)

We arrived around 1.30pm and to say it was scorching was an understatement!!! We dropped our bags off at the Disney Express counter and headed straight to the park....

We had a wander around and caught some of the Halloween Treat in the street show....

It was around 3.30pm and was so hot we decided to go to the hotel and make use of the swimming pool. Unfortunately our bags hadn't been dropped off from the station so we had no swimwear!! Dylan went in with his shorts on and we used one of the pool towels....

Will try to add more a bit later :thumbs:
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

davewasbaloo

Sounds great so far. With swimming like that, you could be at one of the US resorts. Thankfully you didn't have as far to travel ;)
since 2001 (many before that)

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Sounds great so far. With swimming like that, you could be at one of the US resorts. Thankfully you didn't have as far to travel ;)
Thanks Dave, we really could have been at one of the US resorts, it was lovely to be able to make use of the pool, especially as we were there for a week and so had plenty of time in the parks :D
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

davewasbaloo

Glad that fickle finger of fate pointing in your favour!

DopeyDad

Hi Kelly.dylan, we're just back too  :(
Did you enjoy MNSSHP? Looking forward to reading more.

Kevin

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "DopeyDad"Hi Kelly.dylan, we're just back too  :(
Did you enjoy MNSSHP? Looking forward to reading more.

Kevin
Hiya, we did enjoy it but it didn't seem as good as last year and so much busier. Not sure if that was because it was the first one maybe, last year we went to the last Friday evening party and it seemed much quieter!! Did you enjoy it? We did look out for you :D
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

kelly.dylan

So after a couple of hours swimming we headed back to our room (4219 in the main building). Our cases were waiting for us so i unpacked while Dylan watched some tv.  Our room was nice and had a view over the lake....

We had Cafe Mickey booked for 7pm tonight and as it was Dylans birthday a couple of days before i had booked a surprise birthday cake! (more about that fiasco later)

When we sat down i told Dylan that as it was our first night and we were both tired from getting up early we wouldn't have puddings today and just eat our meal and have an early night, knowing that we could have cake after  ;) Dylan and I both had Pluto's Steak which was very nice but came about 5 minutes after we had ordered it which seemed very quick to me :?
Now when we arrived i checked discreetly with the lady on the desk that we did have a birthday cake, which she confirmed. So our plates were cleared and we sat and waited, 10 minutes had gone and because i had said no pudding Dylan was ready to go and asked if i had got the bill yet!!! We waited another 10 minutes and with Dylan ready to leave i went and asked if our cake was coming (telling Dylan i had asked for the bill)! The waitress said she would sort it  :D  Five minutes later a different waiter came over and said 'your cake will be the second one'!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it, neither could Dylan who asked if he was getting a cake!!! I told him he said our bill was coming after the 2nd cake but he's not silly!!! Was really disappointed but Dylan said it was a lovely surprise even if it was given away at the last minute!!

DAY 2 TO FOLLOW.....
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

littlemermaid83

I love your view from the room Kelly!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I love your view from the room Kelly!
We were really lucky, i think i preferred the Newport Bay to the New York and maybe even the DLH!!!!  Hurry up with your report lady haha!!! :D
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "kelly.dylan"
Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I love your view from the room Kelly!
We were really lucky, i think i preferred the Newport Bay to the New York and maybe even the DLH!!!!  Hurry up with your report lady haha!!! :D

Newport is nice just depends on where your room is I think.

Santa fe for us again next year lol.  My mum was saying today that she loves the photos of Kyra and Dylan.  :D
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"My mum was saying today that she loves the photos of Kyra and Dylan.  :D

They are lovely, my family have said the same! I think we should get a free pass to MNSSHP next year for making such an effort ;)
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "kelly.dylan"
Quote from: "littlemermaid83"My mum was saying today that she loves the photos of Kyra and Dylan.  :D

They are lovely, my family have said the same! I think we should get a free pass to MNSSHP next year for making such an effort ;)

Haha definately!

Least we know the CM's appreciated the effort :P

davewasbaloo

Sadly I feel like you, the resort has been in decline over the last 5 years, but with all the refurbs and next year being the 20th, I am hoping the resort will be great again (just like the decline in the early 00's with an improvement for the 15th).

davewasbaloo

But the Halloween offerings did seem very scant this year. I am guessing based on some inside info, it is the economy biting hard.

Martin B

Looking forward to the rest of your trip report!

Martin  :thumbs:
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart