Where are all the Germans??

Started by mattboywonder, September 20, 2011, 09:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NanookJackal

Oh wow, in the News they said that the Year of 2011 was a record in German Vacations, they almost spend something about 12 billion euros... Thats a lot of money they did spend everywhere else but not at Disney, thanks to the great adverts on german television  :twisted:  
I just don´t get it why not trying to get the germans into the parks, they realy do spend a lot of money vor vacations, but hey maybe disney will get it one day, when its to late and the germans stop spending all they´re money on vacations xD

momotaro

I am not sure I understand this. Booking through the official disneylandparis online site, can't you have the same offers as anyone else? I am not sure where the problem is...
--------

first of all, no, i cant..each country has its own offers. northern europe rarely gets good offers. and theres absolutely NO advertisement, nothing, so how can people know more about it.
There are advertisements for Legoland, so naturally people will go there, but nothing about Disneyland. Some people of course go, but there could be more.

britincgn

No advertising is one problem.
Also I used to go with Germanwings from Cologne which was always quite cheap but they are not flying Paris anymore.
Thalys is also too expensive if you don't book early

Someguy

Quotefirst of all, no, i cant..each country has its own offers. northern europe rarely gets good offers. and theres absolutely NO advertisement, nothing, so how can people know more about it.
You may not be aware, but you can book from *any* localized eurodisney page. You are not restricted to nordic offers. If you see a better offer on the uk or international or even french page, then book there. Your country address will be wrong, but that is not a problem, no one checks it and it is not really used for anything.

You can even book foreign offers via phone if that offer is not available for your country. The last time I did this, the disney person gave me a random french address and booked the french offer when I mentioned that I saw that offer and wanted it.

The lack of local official ads might be a problem for the casual visitor, but seeing as you visit this forum, the good offers are always advertised here or on other forums.

momotaro

thanks someguy..well, this time we got a better offer than the germans or brits (i checked both sites), so we went for it since its only valid till feb 15th. that is, i have, hubby has no idea yet that were going to disneyland in oct..i think i might wait with telling him till the day before the trip. :=)
son is all excited but doesnt speak so much yet, so cant tell dad. :=)

and the luck of cheap airlines is really a problem, as one previous poster said, for example that germanwings dont fly to finland anymore..wizzair or ryanair (which i wouldnt fly out of principle) dont fly to paris. from helsinki.
we have norwegianair which is relatively cheap, we 3 could fly there and back for about 250 euros but they dont fly on sundays plus they arrive late at orly and with a small child thats not really so nice when they are already tired and then need to get up early for a long day the next day.

so i decided ill invest some extra money and fly regular with finnair, they have a bit cheaper prices at the moment because of the travel fair. arrive on a friday at 11am, return at 7pm on the sunday, so we have 2 1/2 days aprox.
thats enough for a 3 year old now..next disneyland will probably be in tokyo, since my japanese friends want to see our son, so were off there and if time allows can visit either disney in tokyo or universal in osaka.

Someguy

Did you get a better offer than the irresistible-below-12-for-free that is advertised on the official pages?

Mshesha

I am from Munich and we need 8 hours by car there. For Example Europapark just 4 hours. I love Disney but really i also love Europapark. For me Europapark really got some things are better. The hotels are so close to the Park u are ther just in a few minutes inside. I really do not like the long way till the village and then to the park specialy when i am tired and my feet are hurting. And also Hotel Collosseo is my favorite hotel.
For me the rides are much better and the theming is really great.
I love Disney for it´s parades and shows and of course all the characters and the people working there are always very friendly. But EP is very close to that.
And we got much other bigger Parks like Phantasialand and Moviepark, Heide Park, Hansa Park.... Then very close to the south of Germany is Italy. Germans love to go there it is one of our favorite countries. There u have Gardaland. Also very nice one and u too got Waterpark there and in Summer go swimming at the lake.
What i miss in Disney ist Waterrides. Europapark really got 2 great one.
"I was here everyday, all day, in the bushes..."
"Do you know that flowers can sing?"

esmeralda

For me it's about 6hours to go to Dlp by car. Our 1st trip was in 1994 and since then we are coming back every year, sometimes even twice. For me there is no better parc than Disneyland. I've been recently to Phantasialand again, which is very close to our home, but it's just not comparable with Dlp!!! They are trying really hard but that's it. Me and my family had to laugh when we noticed copied things, but Phantasialand is simply  missing the Disney magic!!!
I'm also not so much into pure roller coaster rides or any scary fairground ride, and that's what german parcs mostly offer! I prefer rides like potc and well themed rides that don't make you sick. So, for me german parcs are definitely not an alternative to Dlp!!!
I absolutely miss the tv commercials! But nevertheless you can find promotion in travel agencys.
Julia

Patrick89

If I've seen it right, there wasn't even a German flag at the celebrations for the 20th, wenn the CM came up Main Street with nearly every flag of Europe...And no, Belgium is not Germany.
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

esmeralda

No, there was a german flag. But first i thought the same till i found it ;-)
Julia

dagobert

Quote from: "esmeralda"No, there was a german flag. But first i thought the same till i found it ;-)

I couldn't see it either. Where did you find it?

Even if it wasn't there, I guess it was a mistake and not on purpose, because even my small county Austria was featured with a flag in the celebrations.

esmeralda

I can't remember what video i've watched, but you really needed to search or pay attention to it. But i saw it!
Cause i also had the impression they would ignore Germany- because of the missing visitors ;-)
If i find it again I'm gonna post it here.
Julia

Thaliel

I actually met one german girl at the recption of Newport Bay Club and another in the Beaurau passeport Annuel. There might be more around during the university semester holidays, which would be the time for job students to go to DLP as well as during July/August when most schools have summer holidays so the young ppl can work abroad without missing anything
<-Plz click

Patrick89

Quote from: "dagobert"Even if it wasn't there, I guess it was a mistake and not on purpose, because even my small county Austria was featured with a flag in the celebrations.

I would never claim that it was on purpose, I thought for myself that they just mistook the Belgian flag for the German one. Wouldn't be the first time at DLP ;)
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

Reiana

During our stay at the beginning of this month, we've met a lot of germans.