Where are all the Germans??

Started by mattboywonder, September 20, 2011, 09:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

I must have been, I got a fountain view at the hotel colloseo for 2 nights, 2 days for 589 euro for the 4 of us, I remember comparing it to DLP prices and being very pleasantly surprised.
since 2001 (many before that)

DutchBrit

Did that also include entrance to the park? It seems they have really put their prices up:it'd cost you about 200 euros more now if you wanted to go next May.

davewasbaloo

Yes, that was bed, breakfast and two days in the park.

Aurora1

This beginning october I heard quite a lot of Germans in the parks. As well as Swiss people.
Just my two cents
Aurora1

Patrick89

Signed. Last week I really heard a lot of Germans, more than ever before.
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

smurfy74

we came back 2 weeks ago and there were loads of German people there. We stayed in the Santa Fe and there were loads of Germans and Swiss checking in the same time as us. Normally we only here the odd german accent when we stay at the  NPBC

ThBa

Well....I will be at DLP in January 2012.   :D/

I guess the reason why there are not so many German people is because of the non existent advertisement in Germany.

No TV or Radio Spot.....no great offers like the "40%" and so on.

Most people think that Disneyland is very, very expensive and far away but if you watch the other country's offers you could get a good deal.

Thorsten from Germany

Sugaroo_

With zero advertising and parks like Europa Park (with it's very own famous mouse - Euromaus - Mickey's distant relative?  :P) and Phantasialand, there's no wonder DLRP doesn't see many German guests. Germans have a good theme park + resort market of their own, open almost all year round. We were at Europa Park in January 2011 and stayed at hotel Colosseo...amaaaazing hotel! Great buffet, lovely rooms and overall architecture. 180euro 2 adults for 1 night, without park tickets though. I didn't fall in love with the park, but in all fairness we were there the last day of the season and a lot of rides were closed due to the cold and snow. It is however a beautiful park and the hotel was superb! Conveniant travel connections to DLRP are a big factor. I need 2 planes and train to get there, if it's not the journey time that deters you, it's the cost!
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

davewasbaloo

I do not think I would have fallen in love as much with Europa park in winter. but going in 24 degree temps with late hours and all the shows, it was amazing and would rather be going than to DLP next year. the sad thing is, I feel I need to give DLP one last chance for the 20th. and if we did not have our villa there, I am not sure it would be enough to bring us back. even my kids would rather go to legoland, Europa Park, Phantasialand or efteling before returning to DLP.

Sugaroo_

Davewasbaloo - That's exactly why we would give Europa Park another go, we surely didn't see it in its prime season, even though the Xmas decor was still up and it was lovely. Also it was for only 1 day and 1 night, a fun stop on our way from Munich to Berlin.

I know this is completely  :offtopic: but is Efteling nice? We will be going in January during our visit to Amsterdam, then right after we're off to Paris & DLRP. PM me if you'd like, I always find your posts insightful!
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

davewasbaloo

Efteling is excellent ,but again, I am not sure i would like it in winter. I never holiday in winter unless it is the caribbean or middle east. DLP is a no go for us between October and April, it is too cold.

But we loved efteling, the ravelijn show, villa volta, sprookjesbos, Fata Morgana, droomflucht, panda droom, the haunted castle, the flying dutchman, vogel rock were all world class, as well as the great scenery, are world class. THe only down side is food options are not great.

But overall we spent 4 great days there. Check out my trip report on this board including pictures.

BlackPearl

Hi, well, we went to Dlrp last week and apart from my own car I only found two other German cars in the parking lot
of Disneyland Hotel. In the park we only heard two or three other groups speak German.
I can only agree with previous replies: there are as good as no ads for Disneyland in Germany.
I'm really a fan of Disney and the park and always searching the brochures of the travel agencies for special offers,
because it's really expensive otherwise. I'm quite lucky, that it's only a 4-5 hour-drive to Dlrp by car and I don't mind driving. So, I will visit Disneyland again, of course  :D

momotaro

same problem with northern europe (any nordic country, sweden, norway, denmark, finaland). no advertisement, rarely any better offers for disneyland, far more for danish legoland, so people go there more (and its cheaper to fly there).
i barely now found a decent offer for us in finland.
and even tho the market is not so huge (maybe around 20-30 million for all 4 countries), still its among the richest markets in europe, so there should be more advertisement.

Someguy

QuoteI'm really a fan of Disney and the park and always searching the brochures of the travel agencies for special offers,
because it's really expensive otherwise.
Quotei barely now found a decent offer for us in finland.
I am not sure I understand this. Booking through the official disneylandparis online site, can't you have the same offers as anyone else? I am not sure where the problem is...

BlackPearl

Quote from: "Someguy"
QuoteI'm really a fan of Disney and the park and always searching the brochures of the travel agencies for special offers,
because it's really expensive otherwise.
Quotei barely now found a decent offer for us in finland.
I am not sure I understand this. Booking through the official disneylandparis online site, can't you have the same offers as anyone else? I am not sure where the problem is...

Hi, someguy, there really are different offers. The best I could find on the German site was 20%, on the UK-site
there are offers for 30% or even 40% and you won't find many advertisements on TV. Well, it's not really a problem
for me, but I think they are wasting a chance to get more guests.