Attraction evac

Started by norhel, August 27, 2011, 04:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norhel

So, I was thinking, how often are the Disneyland Railroad and the Riverboats evacuated?
You know, when searching on evac on youtube you see a lot of videos with evacuation from Big Thunder etc., but nothing for the riverboats and DLRR....
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

MissDisneyisMagical

in the few times i've been (meaning only 5 times) i've never been evacuated from these and not heard of this happening during any of trips. Hope thats of some help. i normally go in december but i have been in march
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="

Josh

They're extremely rare. Only once has the Mark Twain broken down because there was something wrong with the engine. They had to use the smaller riverboats to rescue people.

I don't think any of the trains have broken down, though.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Vegitabeta

To be honest, I can't imagine that there are as many things to go wrong with these rides as others where there are tons of animatronics and things, or something like RnRC.  They are old fashioned and built to last, right ? :p

DGRavenswood

Every ride breaks down once in a while and sometimes needs to be evacuated. This has been the case for both Riverboats and the trains. As Vegitabeta says, though, the level of complexity isn't the same and thus some rides are less likely to break down than others.

Also, an important aspect of those specific rides is that they're fully controlled by Cast Members, while roller coasters such as BTM are managed by use of computer systems to a large extent. A computer will shut down a ride as soon as it senses the slightest risk of a problem while human operators can assess a situation and react accordingly (which is not to say that they're taking any risks, obviously)...
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

TowMater

Well for the trains, they have to be getting out another loco for the job. (not sure if there's a diesel though) The spare loco can take over from the broken down train and take it to the next station, uncouple from the carriages and shunt the other loco back to the sheds. I persume though anyway.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

sebassah

I remember a situation with a fire on any of the Riverboats but I cant tell if that was with or without guests.  I figured they had to evac them if that was with guests?

captain rocket

With the railroad, I suspect they would have to close it for a fair while as I read recently that the engines are powered by steam, but the actual fuel to heat the steam is diesel which is very tricky to get absolutely right, the staff arrive very early to get the trains ready as they take about 4 hours to fire up.So I believe that it would take far too long  to mount a rescue train.

SwipatronSparks

i have never been evacuated from the DLR nor have i ever been properly evacuated from the riverboat though there was one time i was there we where nearly back at the dock and the boat broke down and had to litterly reverse all the way back around -.- that was the first and last time i have ever gone on that ride lol
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....