Lion King Back for the 20th?

Started by dejmurph1, August 14, 2011, 10:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dejmurph1

Does anyone have any opinions or info about the possible return of the Lion Ling Show for the Park's 20th Birthday.

I cant help but notice on my recent visits to the Hyperion that the side stage settings and rock work remain in place. Maybe they intend to bring back the show for 2012.

I have posted this quote before, its a segment of a response I got DLP enquiring about what's new for next year.

QuoteAs you know, our 20th Anniversary will be a major milestone for us. You may have noticed that we have been working for several months now on rehabilitating our most iconic assets in anticipation of this extraordinary celebration and to welcome our guests in a sparkling Resort.

Although we won't be opening any new attraction, we will certainly wow our guests with new experiences and festivities that will provide unforgettable moments for everyone.

I wonder would they consider this great show along with Star Tours as an "iconic assett"??

mdw

fingers cross, ive seen the show in florida and in London, would LOVE it to come to DLP

Tinkswishes28

I hope they do, we were lucky enough to see the musical of the lion king in London, but it would be lovely to see it in DLRP once we are there . I would also love to see the Tarzan show they do, although I understand that has finished now ?
2005 DLRP

davewasbaloo

Please be advised the show at DLP is not the same as the formal stage show, it is scaled down. But it still was very good and featured some cast members who had been in the London show.
since 2001 (many before that)

BadKid

Fingers crossed!
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

Maybe someone can link to the exact source, but didn't DLP fairly recently say that Videopolis makes far more money when there is no show and it's actually the most profitable eatery in DLP? When they put a show on they get lots of people using the seats to just watch the show (fancy that in a theatre) rather than for eating food they've bought there.

While I'd love it to to come back I don't see it happening - that stage has been there unused for a few years now.

Before I read the comment about its profitability I thought they might have a simple 20th Anniversary celebration show there, like they did back in 2002 for the 10th Anniversary.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

littlemermaid83

Would be great if it did but I highly doubt it.

Not sure how it makes the most money for food though because after eating there once I wouldn't eat there again. The food was awful!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

ed-uk

I think Disney should use the Videopolis theatre for shows again, they always used to in the past and it worked out fine. In the winter or even on rainy days in the summer it's nice to go inside and watch a show. if Disney are going to close a stage make it the castle stage, they can't use it in bad weather. Disney have got lots of restaurants to choose from and only two theatres in Disneyland Park, and at the moment they're both closed. Finding somewhere to eat isn't a problem, but finding a show is, and Disneyland paris has put on some good shows. I can only remember eating in Videopolis once and that was while watching a show, I wouldn't eat in there otherwise.
Ed & David

Josh

Maybe they should get rid of the theatre benches and add more tables there. They could use the stage for simple live entertainment like bands to entertain you as you eat.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

DisneySteve

I have always enjoyed watching shows at Videopolis, I really like the atmosphere and the big stage. I hope they will bring back a show there and Videopolis just oozes what I'm looking for when visiting a Disney park. It's a part of the "Disney atmosphere" that I missed when I visited last year, and there not being a show on was a bitter disappointment to me.

Simba 27

I hope that The Legend of The Lion King wil return someday, since you said that the stage is still there.
For how long it has been cancelled?

Past trips:
Disneyland Paris: 2001-2005-2007

Disneyland California: 2006