20th | Meet Mickey Mouse — Now Open!

Started by Donald-Duck-Malta, July 27, 2011, 12:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter

why is it that they always use slightly creepy looking children?

15MagicalYears

I'm hoping this will use multiple Mickeys to keep the waits as short as possible. Also, thank goodness DLP is finally getting an indoor, controlled environment to meet Mickey - I really disliked his Main Street location.

peter

They have a big building to work with. I suspect they might have the front section the queue, with one or two mickeys underneath the station, and perhaps a side extension with the photo shop

Josh

Or maybe they'll have one for Mickey and one for Minnie? What's it like in the American parks?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Columbiad

I really wish they'd have been more creative with the names this year. As fans, we all know the resort's offering reasonably little for the 20th Anniversary, but choosing such a lacklustre name for this will make it evident to the average guests, as doesn't one usually expect to be able to  "Meet Mickey" at a Disneyland park?

If they had described the premise and concept of it, or perhaps included that it was an import from their Floridian cousin, it would have bigged it up, and really made it seem like something new and something to get excited about.

CafeFantasia

Yeah, I think "Backstage With Mickey" would be a better name than just "Meet Mickey".

Josh

It might be a working title. Dreams was referred to in the brochure as the Colour, Lights and Magic show.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Columbiad

Saying that, whilst the title is lacklustre, the description gives a good indiction of the attractions:

QuoteEverybody's favourite mouse is taking some time out, and welcomes you to meet him backstage in his rehearsal room of his theatre in Fantasyland. On your way to the stage door, enjoy a tour of the ornate music hall and laugh along with some classic short films featuring Mickey and his friends. Once backstage, you'll be invited to share an audience with the star himself who will share some of his favourite props and costumes and pose for a special photo souvenir with you and your family.  

thebritishfrog

I can confirm, 'Meet Mickey' is the working title and looks to stay as the official name. It is a co-production between WDI and DLP entertainment. (very similar team that worked on 'once upon a dream parade')
It's looking good so far! :-)
The British Frog
//http://www.thebritishfrog.com
Connecting people who would like to visit France with people who live there!

littlemermaid83

Seriously what a lame name...'Meet Mickey' of anything they could of come up with they use the most boring title ever.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

Meet Mickey probably works better across all languages and as their emphasis seems to be sadly more on meet and greets they probably want it to be as obvious possible what is going on. Sounds good though, at least it's more imaginative than the usual meet and greets. Would rather have a show though.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

Scissorsboi

I think it sounds quite plain when you say it out loud, but imagine it on a poster with a drawing of Mickey, the magicians setting and then Meet Mickey! in a fanciful type at the top. Walking up to it, it'd have a lot of impact and definately entice people in. The attraction itself should be a wonderful addition to the park, adding organisation to the madness of meeting Mickey, and removing the more 'temporary' greets from across the park!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

lorrig

Does any one know if this means they'll stop doing Winnie the Pooh and Christmas Too, as its usually staged at the FFS. This is one of the highlights for my little girl during our Christmas Season trip and we wil need time to prepare her that it wont be on. It's one of the only places we usually get to see Piglet, who she loves.

Scissorsboi

The area inside the old theatre has now been gutted and is being changed into the Mickey meet and greet, so sadly Winnie the Pooh isn't likely to be returning there any time soon. Of course, this isn't to say they won't find a way to bring his show to another stage in the park - although it'd most likley be a trimmed down version set wise.
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Anthony

Now reportedly due to open 17th May 2012:

Quote'Meet Mickey Mouse' unveils new colours, but won't meet 20th Anniversary launch date

"Everything neat and pretty?" Well, not quite. Although some of the wraps came down from Fantasy Festival Stage last week, revealing the former show venue's new colour palette, it is emerging that its new purpose as a permanent Mickey Mouse meet 'n' greet won't begin right at the launch of the 20th Anniversary as expected. Instead, according to @InsideDLParis, Mickey will don his magician's cape ready for an opening on 17th May 2012. This is unconfirmed, publicly, by Disneyland Paris.
http://www.dlrptoday.com/2012/02/09/mee ... unch-date/