20th Anniversary (1st April 2012 - March 2013)

Started by JelleP, May 09, 2011, 09:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissDisneyisMagical

Its hard to say at this point however the 15th anniversary did run for two years ( i went in the second yr) so you may be in luck
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="

Josh

Dreams will probably be mostly the same after the 20th, so you may not miss out on much. ;) But I'm not sure about whether that show on Main Street will still be there.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

BadKid

Quote from: "Donald-Duck-Malta"Official 20th Anniversary Poster! Looking good...:thumbs:

SOURCE: DLRP EXPRESS

That is a very nice poster- but it looks cheaply edited.
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

peter

I'm going to have to disagree. Do we really need "stalker mickey"?

ed-uk

Now you've got to be joking there, you can't call Mickey a stalker in his magical park. Mickey Mouse and the other Disney characters have played a huge part in the success of the Walt Disney Company. Mickey Mouse is one of Walt Disney's most famous creations. it was all started by a Mouse and the Partners statue in the WDS reminds us of that.
Ed & David

DGRavenswood

I hadn't realized that before but I see we've come full circle, back to Futura as in 1992 (or at least a lookalike typeface -- the A looks different on first glance). If that was intentional it's a nice touch.
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

Josh

Quote from: "ed-uk"Now you've got to be joking there, you can't call Mickey a stalker in his magical park. Mickey Mouse and the other Disney characters have played a huge part in the success of the Walt Disney Company. Mickey Mouse is one of Walt Disney's most famous creations. it was all started by a Mouse and the Partners statue in the WDS reminds us of that.
He meant how the poster portrays Mickey as... well... scary. :?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

peter

Yes I meant scary mickey.

Don't get me wrong, I know how important the mouse is, and I wish he was used more than he currently is, but preferably when he doesn't look you know, stalker ish

BadKid

I wonder how they will decorate the castle for the 20th Anniversary..
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

pfspock

I wonder the same and I hope they won't.

captain rocket

I belive I read somewhere that WDI are now in charge of any decoration of the castle in view of some of the recent excesses shown by DLRP.

BadKid

Quote from: "pfspock"I wonder the same and I hope they won't.

I imagine they'll have a big sign with the number 20 on it.
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

peter

Wdi took back control. I don't think entertainment and wdi are exactly "best friends"

BadKid

Quote from: "peter"Wdi took back control. I don't think entertainment and wdi are exactly "best friends"

What do you mean 'exactly "best friends"' ? And I didn't know WDI was in charge of the decorations.
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

Scissorsboi

As far as we're aware, WDI fell out with the park's Entertainments department because they kept adding things to the Castle for 'celebrations', which ultimately ruined the design of it. Apart from the Christmas lighting and anything which has been designed for Dreams, after it's renovation this year, I'd be surprised to see anything added to it in the future.

Plus, aside from the 15th candles (although Tink was horrible after the others came down), the other stuff they've added is tacky and in poor taste..
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.