Jack Sparrow to join Pirates of the Caribbean? (Rumour)

Started by dagobert, May 07, 2011, 10:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick89

Even if I don't like the character Jack Sparrow (actually, I hate him ;) ), I could well understand that people want to see him in the attraction and I could live with that, even if I prefer the current version. But letting all of the AA talk about Jack Sparrow, changing the music into the movie soundtrack and the story into a Jack Sparrow hide-and-seek would be really, really bad. I don't think it would still be my favourite ride then...
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

Scissorsboi

For those who haven't seen it, this is the WDW version with Jack added in.

[youtube:qw040xi4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzPus1Iuga0[/youtube:qw040xi4]

Although I agree, some characters do now refer to Jack, they're only the ones who directly interact with him in a scene, the drunken barrel pirate talks about him as Jack eavesdrops, and the mayor dunking pirate asks where he is, while Jack is hiding in plain view.

The only real music change is the ship scene where the captain is replaced by Barbossa, but does retain many of the original X Atencio lines in his script, with a few of the movie 'catchphrases' mixed in.

Watching the video back, I think it's a little different to the original, but overall, the general feel of the majority of it is the same, it's just those isolated pockets of Jackness that are more movie than before.

As for the kid in the video who you can hear go "where is Jack Sparrow?", at least in this version he'll get to see him, instead of in our version where you get the parents having to either explain why he isn't there, or just go "I don't know, why isn't he there". It's a sad fact of the times, but the movies have been so popular visitors to the parks who don't know the history find it strange that he isn't in the attraction!

Of course, an easier way to explain it would be to rename the attraction something like "Pirates of the Carribean: The Old Seadog Voyages" so that it becomes clear to riders that the attraction is a pre-Jack experience.
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Patrick89

I think this is also a basic question: Do you want to only have rides connected to movies and characters invented by others, or do you want to have independent rides, created by imagineers, with their own stories. I prefer the 2nd. I want to make my own experiences and not just travel through stories of brands or characters taken over by others.
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!