Newport Bay Club Lighthouse Refurbishment

Started by dagobert, May 02, 2011, 01:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

The refurb of the Newport Bay Club Lighthouse has started:

The tower is really in a bad state!

Pictures from:
http://www.disneygazette.fr/rehabilitat ... s-505.html

Dlp.info, partner site of magicforum, has also posted an article about the refurb:
http://www.dlp.info/News/2011/04/more-rehabs-now/

Josh

Hooray! It's started!

Did the lighthouse ever used to light up at night? I can't remember.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Pete's Dragon

Better late than never. This is work that should have been carried out  3+ years ago

Martyn

Lets hope they do the exterior on the main hotel...

peter

At least dlp are finally thinking about atmosphere rather than pixar.

Reiana

Thumbs up for this one  :thumbs:

bensmum

looking forward to seeing it refurbished on my next trip.....another reason to book!

Soap

That's a good sign to see, really needed!!  
And for the further....please keep the maintenance on level DLRP :thumbs:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

dagobert

Josh

Great! The wood is going to be completely replaced! :D
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Riebi

Wonderful! To rebuilt it from ground was the only solution for me! =D>
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

dagobert

Quote from: "Riebi"Wonderful! To rebuilt it from ground was the only solution for me! =D>

Isn't it sad that everything hast to be built from ground now. It only shows in what a bad state the whole resort was/is.

Riebi

Yes it is sad. But I´m happy that they do it now. I think the main problem was the low maintenance rate during 2001 and 2006.
What we have today is the result of this poor period. They have now sooo much to do cause they haven´t done much in this years. So yes now they have to rebuilt much things or have to spent much more money in refurbishment. But they seem to do it now.
By the way: I think they have much more to do at the resort area. If you take a close look they have to do the whole lake area cause the concrets for the lake basin with all its bridges and lamp support poles isn´t the best anymore (even rusty from the steel inside) ... also the flower beds at the gates of the resort (soon after you leave the A4) and the bridges at this area need some work.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

pussinboots

The real shocker is that it's not even wood for the most part. The clapboard is entirely synthetic, built to withstand all weather. And yet it's drooping and rotting as if it were a set piece on a flower parade. They must not have touched it since 1992.

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "Meph"Hooray! It's started!

Did the lighthouse ever used to light up at night? I can't remember.

Yes, of course it did. Sadly it did not work very often during the last years. I hope very much this will change after this refurb...