Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert97

Quote from: "Lorum"Disneyland Paris begins with the 20th Anniversary announcements in Spain. The famous TV show named "Pasapalabra" on Spanish television TeleCinco - //http://www.telecinco.es/pasapalabra - ("En Toutes Lettres" on France 2 - //http://programmes.france2.fr/en-toutes-lettres/ -, or "Passaparola" on Canale 5 - http://www.mediaset.it/brand/canale5/pr ... a_34.shtml -), which means literally "Pass-the-word", announces a Disney show special, based on DLP's 20th Anniversary to debut on December, 20th. In the advert, TeleCinco and Disney use some images from WoC. This confirms that DLP is using its new nighttime spectacular as the main attraction for the anniversary.

Thanks for the update very interesting. Hope to see some fire effects in the show.

Robert97

Another new image taken this morning by @InsideDLParis.

Soon the skies will be full of pretty colourful fountains and projections can't wait and hopefully clear skies but that's not likely.

Josh

Quote from: "Alan"I'm not sure if that wooden arch really fits the style of Main Street, U.S.A. though.
Actually, Central Plaza has it's own theme. It's more of a generic area that transitions you from Main Street's theme.

I'm surprised they have it a suburbian house appearance, but it looks nice. :) The back windows must be tinted so that the people inside can see.

(Also, I was really surprised how quickly it was built after the foundations were done. It's like it only took a week! :D )
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

MissDisneyisMagical

wow that must've come down yesterday evening as it was all still covered when i left at 530 yesterday!
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="

pussinboots

Quote from: "Meph"
Quote from: "Alan"I'm not sure if that wooden arch really fits the style of Main Street, U.S.A. though.
Actually, Central Plaza has it's own theme. It's more of a generic area that transitions you from Main Street's theme.

This is a bit of a tangent, but it seems to me the 19th century is a good theme for virtually all of the park. No one ever points this out, but Disneyland Paris must be the most Victorian of the Magic Kingdoms. Main Street obviously, Discoveryland is/was mostly 19th century futurism, Frontierland, again, obviously. Leaving Adventureland and Fantasyland, which each have significant areas that should or could be placed in that era. (Fantasyland English area, Adventureland Jungle Book area, Swiss Family Treehouse.) The park is either about Anglo-Saxon Victorianism or views the rest of the world through such a filter. (Although refiltered a few times, first through Walt, then through the Imagineers of the 1980s, but anyway.) And the entrance is marked by an enormous Second Empire gingerbread known as the Disneyland Hotel.

The original Disneyland for instance has far more that could only be linked to a 1950s perspective, although Walt always had an odd thing for that previous century. I suppose we could speculate on the reason by psychoanalyzing Walt Disney and calling him a late adherent of Romanticism or something or other, but that would be a different discussion altogether.

Anthony

Quote from: "Meph"(Also, I was really surprised how quickly it was built after the foundations were done. It's like it only took a week! :D )
Exactly, how on earth did they get it up so fast? It must have been almost completely prefabricated backstage. If only DLP had the same urgency (and reason) to fill in a few gaps like this at the Studios.

Quote from: "pussinboots"This is a bit of a tangent, but it seems to me the 19th century is a good theme for virtually all of the park. No one ever points this out, but Disneyland Paris must be the most Victorian of the Magic Kingdoms. Main Street obviously, Discoveryland is/was mostly 19th century futurism, Frontierland, again, obviously. Leaving Adventureland and Fantasyland, which each have significant areas that should or could be placed in that era. (Fantasyland English area, Adventureland Jungle Book area, Swiss Family Treehouse.)
Good tangent, and (going further off topic) a good reason for any future expansion of Walt Disney Studios to stick as closely as possible to a more specific 20th Century timeframe to complement this. Obviously we already have a 1930s-ish Front Lot, 1950s Hollywood area, but a 1970s/80s period would especially suit Backlot, if need be. Even the 1990s Toy Story Playland could be excused. Star Tours 2 should really be in Backlot (and Soarin' built in Discoveryland), Indiana Jones Adventure could be built as a whole new 1940s Lost River Delta area at the back of the Studios. Marvel would be very much at home. Just don't mention Avatar.

|Q|

Quote from: "Anthony"Star Tours 2 should really be in Backlot (and Soarin' built in Discoveryland)
This would be BRILLIANT

Q

CafeFantasia

I agree with Anthony. I've always said that Star Tours belongs at the Walt Disney Studios Park, not in Disneyland Park. They got this right in Florida, at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Also, I totally agree that the Indiana Jones Adventure should come to the Walt Disney Studios Park, not Disneyland Park. Again, they got this right in Florida at Disney's Hollywood Studios, by putting the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular in that park.

Moving Star Tours from one park to another will obviously never happen, because it would be hugely expensive. But building the Indiana Jones Adventure at the Walt Disney Studios Park is still a possibility.

davewasbaloo

See, i don't agree Alan. It lives in Disneyland, tdl and DLP, and it opened in DL a couple of years before it arrived in mgm. ALso Indy works brillianttly in DL in anaheim. I think wdsp should showcase attractions that would not work in dlp.
since 2001 (many before that)

|Q|

it works with tomorrowland, but putting it in discoveryland has always been quite a stretch. and if the rumors about a (much deserved) star wars miniland in DHS are true, well i would drool to have one here. and it would fit a lot better in the studios, than in discoveryland

a leonardo-inspired soaring (that's they way it looks they're goin for in TDS) would be dead perfect for discoveryland (better than a new 3d movie in the eo theatre)

and then kill autopia e bring in journey to the center of the earth ;)

Josh

It's very unlikely, though, since there's already as site ready for it in the Studios. Mind you, it's been ready for over 10 years. XD
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

15MagicalYears

Just a thought I had today - I sure hope "Dreams" gets it's own range of Merchandise. I'm an absolute sucker for great merchandise and I don't think I'd be able to resist some "Dreams" merchandise. World of Color got absolute heaps of merchandise when it premièred, including light up drinks/popcorn/candy-floss. Thought I'm not sure DLP are as experienced in making good merchandise yet to pull this off.

DopeyDad

//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-fVNXb-tnM&feature=youtu.be

has this been posted already? tweeted by DLRP Today.

I honestly can't quite get my head around how the show can be anything like this video suggests, but would be impressed if it did :thumbs:

Josh

It's not surprising. Other than the projections, we don't have any idea what this show will be like, or how we'll view it. XD From what I've seen, I think you'll be able to view it from anywhere around the moat; so it's the central plaza and the castle stage.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Robert97

Do these projection equipment look anything like the ones round the park or is it me ?

They look very like these ones that are up on the buildings round the park.

If you look close at the picture above you can see the round circle that the projection is coming out and also see the cooldown holes. If thats the case then http://www.lci-uk.com/ migut be the company behind the project. They also do the laser and water screen show at Legoland Windsor and many other well known brand shows design etc.

Then for the bit we saw in the Ecard when Mickey was next to the fountain and it didn't got very high I think the next bit to that they didn't show was the fountain going very high and think it will look like this the scene.

Info from the possible company that are helping out with the fountains.

LCI sales can offer anything from a single piece of technology to a total turnkey service. We offer bespoke laser systems, lighting systems, video projection and display systems, special effects, fountain systems, water screens, floatation systems, flame systems. We can provide a solution to a specific brief, or help you to develop a concept and make it a reality.

UK Pangolin Dealer
UK Eye Magic Dealer
UK AV Stumpfl Dealer

Floating systems hmm.

Saying that another company could use the same projectors. Post what you think about this comment