Very good - can't wait to see the advertising for that :D
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

CafeFantasia

Given how Disney don't fully understand the English language, and happily play songs with f-bombs in them (e.g. Lily Allen, Cee Lo Green) in the middle of the day at Disney Village, I wouldn't be surprised to see them write something like:

"Come and experience Wet Dreams, featuring all your favourite Princesses, at night in the City of Love".

DopeyDad

:lol:

DopeyDad

I wonder if part of the solution will be to do with the castle refurb though. Could a fountain be dropped from the castle itself rather than fired upwards? this could be more controllable to deal with winds etc.

CafeFantasia

I reckon Dreams will mostly be a castle video-mapping show, with SOME fountains. But I don't expect anything on the scale of World of Colour, due to the lack of water on Central Plaza.

[youtube:3efj2bli]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwnDPj40TRE[/youtube:3efj2bli]

Anthony

Some good laughs in this topic today. :)

Those Efteling adverts are very classy. Unlike the Disney images, which are photoshopped beyond belief, you can actually imagine the show will look something like that, and it makes the advertisement stronger for it. Disneyland Paris are damn lucky they have the "Disney" (and all the characters, stories that come with that) because otherwise they'd have a really hard time winning this battle of the nighttime finales.

Quote from: "Alan"I reckon Dreams will mostly be a castle video-mapping show, with SOME fountains. But I don't expect anything on the scale of World of Colour, due to the lack of water on Central Plaza.
I do worry when I see people expecting this to literally be "our World of Color". The lazy reuse of the World of Colour adverts and visuals doesn't help, I guess, but hopefully they won't be sorely disappointed come April. The fountains will surely be one element of a larger, "immersive" show. I'm still intrigued how Main Street and Central Plaza will become part of it through extra projections on the buildings, etc. We don't seem to have heard much about that.

The Magic, The Memories and You is probably a better comparison than World of Color in a way, only without the mawkish pictures of random other guests, thank god. And hopefully, with the Peter Pan theme, some semblance of a narrative tying the whole thing together. That would even give it a one-up on the story-less World of Color.

ed-uk

It's the Disney name, characters and stories that help make Disneyland Paris what it is, it's not just a matter of luck. It's what makes Disneyland so special and different from other theme parks.
Ed & David

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "ed-uk"It's the Disney name, characters and stories that help make Disneyland Paris what it is, it's not just a matter of luck. It's what makes Disneyland so special and different from other theme parks.

I wholly disagree. I would say it is the attention to detail, theming and state of the art attractions that used to make the disney parks awesome. In fact, i find the characters a complete turn off and the approach of the last 1t years has ruined the pparks. Creatively lazy and tacky.
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

The most popular attractions have always had nothing to do with toons.

ed-uk

Well I should also add that the attention to detail, themeing and state of the art attractions help to make Disneyland special. That's why 15. 6 million people went to DLP last year and 4 million went to Efteling. The Disney name must be a big draw I think. I don't agree it's tacky or creatively lazy even. Splash Mountain, that's a toon ride, not at DLP I know.
Ed & David

CafeFantasia

Yep, I agree with you @davewasbaloo. None of these attractions have anything to do with Disney's animated films, and yet they're the best that Disney has to offer:

• Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple Of The Forbidden Eye
• Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
• Pirates of the Caribbean
• Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
• Big Thunder Mountain
• Kilimanjaro Safaris
• Expedtion Everest
• Grizzly River Run
• Space Mountain
• Phantom Manor
• Mission: SPACE
• Star Tours 2
• Matterhorn
• Test Track
• Soarin'

ed-uk

Some rides have nothing to do with Disney's animated films, and others have, clearly. I don't think that takes anything away from Peter Pans Flight and Crushes Coaster for example. I don't understand why some people think Disney shouldn't base rides on their films, like it's wrong in some way. It's like saying the films are inferior.
Ed & David

davewasbaloo

Remembering PotC and PM were also originals.

I bet if there were no Disney character references in the park, but the non "disney film" references still existed, the park would be are more popular than the other way around.

We happily skip peter pan or crush, but we would never think of skipping PotC or pm.

ed-uk

By that logic Efteling and Europa Park should be more popular than Disneyland. I don't skip Peter Pan or POTC.
Ed & David

davewasbaloo

They certainly don't have the marketing hype behind them. Guaranteed most people in the UK have heard of DLP. However, even a number of UK theme park fans are oblivious of ep or de efteling.

Imho, droomvlucht is far more enjoyable than peter pan's flight.