Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert97

Quote from: "Lorum"Info from InsideDLP.

[spoiler:1066jwrs]Disney Dreams, the Immersive new nighttime show at Disneyland Paris is about to change two scenes in April 2013!

This is no news to most of us, but as it's now been officially announced by Disneyland Paris, it's time to look into it a bit more detailed.

After 'Rien Qu'un Jour' from the Hunchback of the Notre Dame, Guests will now answer the call of the savanna, instead of traveling to London

The Lion King, replaces the current 'Step in Time' scene from Mary Poppins. And will be about 1,5 min. long.

Most of the scene was already created for Disney Dreams, before it got cut and got replaced by the 'apparantly' more popular: Jungle Book

The Lion King will be the first scene to use more than 1 song for a scene in Disney Dreams.

It will be using parts of 'The Circle of Life', 'I Just Can't Wait to be King' and 'Hakuna Matata'

Ironically the second scene to get replaced is 'The Jungle Book' by the only Pixar Princess: Merida from 'Brave'

To a Scottish score from Patrick Doyle, the new 'Brave' scene will be about 2,5 minutes long.

The music used for this scene is a combination of 'Remember to Smile', 'Fate and Destiny' and 'Touch the Sky' by Julie Fowlis.

Both new scenes will be completely in 'English' which was already the case for both 'Step in Time' and 'I Wanna be Like You'

For fans of the 'Waterfall' effect at the start of 'The Jungle Book' don't worry! It will still be used during the new 'The Lion King' scene

Both new scenes will be included in the Finale scene and are expected to see soft openings at the end of March 2013![/spoiler:1066jwrs]

Doesn't the Be Our Guest scene have 2 songs? Since it has the Can Can at the end?

Columbiad

Quote from: "Robert97"Doesn't the Be Our Guest scene have 2 songs? Since it has the Can Can at the end?

I believe the The can-can section is  in fact a dance break within the song, taken from the Broadway musical version. You can hear it here:

[youtube:1ypx8rst]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=346kkEXBEbE[/youtube:1ypx8rst]

Lorum

Quote from: "Columbiad"
Quote from: "Robert97"Doesn't the Be Our Guest scene have 2 songs? Since it has the Can Can at the end?

I believe the The can-can section is  in fact a dance break within the song, taken from the Broadway musical version. You can hear it here:

[youtube:3robu4sg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=346kkEXBEbE[/youtube:3robu4sg]

That's right, but Disney has been using that Can-Can style in the Be Our Guest since Animazement in Disneyland Anaheim, I guess. So yes, that scene has two 'styles', if we may put it like that, but we consider them as one unique song, since it's only a different arrangement.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

ed-uk

The new scenes sound good ( I've not seen Brave yet), sorry to see Mary Poppins go but there we are. I wonder if  it will be possible in the future to have new scenes for Christmas and Halloween, something from the Nightmare Before Christmas springs to mind? This show is obviously going to run and run.
Ed & David

Lorum

That would be great. Halloween and Christmas in DLP need some nighttime entertainment, and making a special version of Disney Dreams for the occasion would be an interesting starting point.

Robert97

Disney Paris just posted this picture on their Facebook page. It looks a great scene (:

Alle finalisten van The Voice Kids zijn winnaars! Daarom zijn ze vanaf april iedere avond allemaal te horen in Disneyland Paris tijdens Disney Dreams!
All the finalists of The Voice Kids are winners! Therefore, they are all to hear every night from april in Disneyland Paris during Disney Dreams! (Translated by Bing)

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "Robert97"Disney Paris just posted this picture on their Facebook page. It looks a great scene (:

Alle finalisten van The Voice Kids zijn winnaars! Daarom zijn ze vanaf april iedere avond allemaal te horen in Disneyland Paris tijdens Disney Dreams!
All the finalists of The Voice Kids are winners! Therefore, they are all to hear every night from april in Disneyland Paris during Disney Dreams! (Translated by Bing)

It's beautiful :D

David

Robert97

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"
Quote from: "Robert97"Disney Paris NL just posted this picture on their Facebook page. It looks a great scene (:

It's just concept right?

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "Robert97"
Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"
Quote from: "Robert97"Disney Paris just posted this picture on their Facebook page. It looks a great scene (:

It's just concept right?

Absolutely :)  But still visually impressive. It certainly makes an impression, which is obviously what it's meant to do :)

David

Robert97

QuoteAbsolutely :)  But still visually impressive. It certainly makes an impression, which is obviously what it's meant to do :)

I love the fact they are going to use some of the fireworks shells used in the final.

Lorum

QuoteAll the finalists of The Voice Kids are winners! Therefore, they are all to hear every night from april in Disneyland Paris during Disney Dreams!

What does it mean?  :shock:

And those shells high above the Castle are not used in the current Disney Dreams, not even in the end. And I don't think they're going to use them because of the noise regulations.

Robert97

Quote from: "Lorum"
QuoteAll the finalists of The Voice Kids are winners! Therefore, they are all to hear every night from april in Disneyland Paris during Disney Dreams!

What does it mean?  :shock:

And those shells high above the Castle are not used in the current Disney Dreams, not even in the end. And I don't think they're going to use them because of the noise regulations.

Maybe a special show at the end of Dreams.

orlando parks

I think it just means they will be heard in the Lion King segment, with I Just Can't Wait to be King, as it was said they where recording it for the show.

Festival Disney

The winners of some dutch singing competition are the ones singing on the soundtrack to the Lion King scene, thats all :)
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Lorum

Ohh, interesting. Thank you both.

So we assume the Lion King scene was not recorded last year at the Abbey Road Studios, don't we? Honestly, I don't see the winners of 'La Voz' (the Spanish version) singing on a Disney show soundtrack, I ignore how good those children are. I wouldn't mix Disney Dreams with a talent show. Poor Steve, I'm sure it wasn't his idea. But hey! Anyway, it'll sound great.