Rainforest Cafe - Disney Village

Started by strawjaw, January 17, 2011, 09:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strawjaw

Hi everyone,

I've been looking at eating at the Rainforest cafe in the Disney village, but have read conflicting reports, can anyone tell me whether it is any good or not?

And also - I can't seem to find a kids menu for them anywhere - my 2 year old daughter doesn't eat very much, and I don't want to pay for an adult meal for her, as she will probably barely touch it. Can anyone help??
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]
January 2006 - WDW - Grosvenor Resort, Honeymoon, 14 nights.
March 2010- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 3 nights
March 2011 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 4 nights
December 2013 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, 5 nights

Martyn

Yeah they do have kids menu's.

I personally like the place. Great theme, and very nice staff. Some times the food can be a bit average, but most times it is really nice.

disneyloverjessie

I love this place so much and we have to go there every trip:)
The food is always lovely and the atmosphere is great,
they have a childs menu, here is the London one, but its almost the same in DLRP from what i remember:
http://www.therainforestcafe.co.uk/menus/kidsmenu.asp
hope i helped:)
\'when you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you\' - Pinocchio

\'A dream is a wish your heart makes\' - Cinderella<3

Hotel New York = 10 times
Sequoia Lodge = 1 time

[size=150]Disneyland Paris<3[/size]

MrsPirate

We ate there on our last trip, the food was great, even my very fussy 5 year old found something she liked. I especially loved the thunder and lightening effects. We will definately eat there again this year.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

strawjaw

Ahhhh, thanks everyone, I appreciate your comments.
I wanted to go there last year but we ended up in Cafe Mickey every night, so this time, I decided I wanted to try it, then, whilst looking for the kids menu on the net, I was reading all kinds of conflicting reviews, so I thought I'd post on here and listen to what people here had to say.  :D

Thanks for the link to the London one, I found an American kids menu, but didn't want to assume Paris also had a kids menu.
Will definitely go there now, thanks again.  :thumbs:
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]

dagobert

We ate there last year and we liked the restaurant. We have also been to a Rainforest Cafe in Chicago and I have to say that the food at DLRP was a lot better. I think we will eat there again.

Dolph7800

Wasnt amazed when I went a couple of years ago, thought the decor was great but the food was substandard and expensive.

However, this time around when we went last week, we ate in the Rainforest Cafe on our last day and it was brilliant. It helps that we decided to just order off the "Menu Cha Cha" which was 21.50 each for main & dessert (+3 Euro for steak), and I must say the Chilli Con Carne I had was absolutely sublime.

In fact as my brother loves taking pictures of all food he eats for some reason, heres what we had:

[spoiler:155ah2ux]Main: Savanna Parmigana

Main: Rainforest Chilli Con Carne (Delicious, Highly Recommended)

Main: Tree Top Steak

Dessert: Moelleux au Chocolat

Dessert: Vacherin Franboise

[/spoiler:155ah2ux]

dagobert

Quote from: "Dolph7800"Wasnt amazed when I went a couple of years ago, thought the decor was great but the food was substandard and expensive.

However, this time around when we went last week, we ate in the Rainforest Cafe on our last day and it was brilliant. It helps that we decided to just order off the "Menu Cha Cha" which was 21.50 each for main & dessert (+3 Euro for steak), and I must say the Chilli Con Carne I had was absolutely sublime.

In fact as my brother loves taking pictures of all food he eats for some reason, heres what we had:

Thanks for the pictures! We also like taking photos of the food and I think there are many members who do that. There is even a thread in the "Trip Reports" section about Disney Food Pictures. So feel free to post all your food pics. We definately like to see them!

At first we didn't want to eat there as well, because in Chicago the food was jsut okay and like you had already said, it was expensive. Afterwards we regreted that we didn't go to the Hard Rock Cafe across the street. I don't know how the food tastes there, but they have the best veggie burger and we like their restaurants a lot.

norhel

Was in Rainforest Cafe in 2009. Don' remember exactly what I had, but I think it was fish and chips or a burger.
Anyway, it was great food. And my buddy also like it. Personal I also liked the theming. You know, like being in the forest with the animals.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

15MagicalYears

I read some pretty awful reviews online so avoided it during our trip back in june. My mum really wanted to try it and I'm glad she persuaded me to give it a try, it was one of the best meals of the trip.

strawjaw

Thanks for the photos Dolph7800 - they definitely helped.  :thumbs:  The food looks gooooooooooood, I'm looking forward to trying it now.
All these reviews have cemented the fact that I will be paying them a visit for dinner on one of my days.   :D

It was partly the theming that had me looking at it in the first place, so I doubt that part could disappoint me.
I'm a bit fussy when it comes to food, and don't like trying anywhere new without knowing what other people think first, I know some things don't suit everybody, but I like what you have all had to say, so minds made up now.  :D/
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]

JoefromSingapore

Went back in 2006 and thought it was ok....but recently when we returned we had a great time. The food is really nice in my opinion. Its fun and has some neat touches with Special Effects! I would say go for it!
That weird host on Dedicated to Disneyland Paris PODCAST!

strawjaw

Quote from: "JoefromSingapore"Went back in 2006 and thought it was ok....but recently when we returned we had a great time. The food is really nice in my opinion. Its fun and has some neat touches with Special Effects! I would say go for it!

Great! Thanks for the comment, will be visiting there on one of my days.  :thumbs:
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]

Martyn

Like I said, we love the place, though this year our experiences weren't too good. They've changed their menu and removed the things we love, such as Potato Skins etc, and they've removed the Chilli from the menu, but you can still get it as a part of the Menu Cha cha, though the portion is very small, and wasn't that nice.

And when we arrived for our second Rainforest meal, we were rudely turned away and told to come back at half 9!

strawjaw

Quote from: "Martyn"Like I said, we love the place, though this year our experiences weren't too good. They've changed their menu and removed the things we love, such as Potato Skins etc, and they've removed the Chilli from the menu, but you can still get it as a part of the Menu Cha cha, though the portion is very small, and wasn't that nice.

And when we arrived for our second Rainforest meal, we were rudely turned away and told to come back at half 9!

Oh, what a shame.  :(
That doesn't sound good.
Well, I don't eat potato skins, and I tend to stay away from chilli, as it's usually too spicy for me. So, I might go and try it anyway - I'll probably try and book it as soon as I get there for later on in the trip so I don't have to be worried about being turned away,
There's no excuse for rudeness though.
Would you go next time you're there, or has it put you off completely now??
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]