Duffy the Disney Bear

Started by Malin, January 14, 2011, 11:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

How hard disney try to make money out of this bear....(I personally hate Duffy but that´s another thing).
Seems that someone in the management just WANT that someone/everyone buy this marketing bear. They try it again and again in every resort. But why? Shouldn´t they just leave it to tokio?
I mean I´m just back from california where nobody bought it now at home they try it at paris...you can burn a lot of marketing budgets if you want...
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Patrick89

Quote from: "Anthony"But what's the story with this? Is this mural permanent now? And so is Duffy's residence at the boarding house permanent beyond Christmas? I was hoping they'd keep him only as a seasonal attraction.

I think if they can make some money with it, the bear won't just be a seasonal attraction. I mean, I really like the new mural, too, but as you said there was no need to replace the old one. Especially as the Riverboats are one of my favourite attractions ;)
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

Anthony

Surely there must be somewhere at the other end of Liberty Arcade where the riverboat mural could find a new home? It'd provide a good lead-in to that "Thunder Mesa Express" path, maybe encourage more people to discover the useful short cut.

In Duffy news, there was an event yesterday for AP holders. Duffy made an appearance with what looks like a presentation about his arrival. But did any annual passholders here actually know it was happening?

lubynoo

Yeh I did I said in another thread I received an email inviting me.
It did say dream passports only. I couldn't go but it looked good. I am confused though if he is being introduced at Christmas why is he always in his sailor suite In the promotional shots and not his christmas outfit?! I hope he actually has his Christmas outfit on for meet and greets like Mickey will.

lubynoo

He has a christmas outfit!!!!!!!! I am happy now!! Would have been annoyed if they had a sailor outfit for christmas!!!!
https://twitter.com/#!/JoeCarterD2DLP/m ... 2FhZavk0Pc Via:@JoeCarterD2DLP

Kristof

Duffy is right now making character appearances Main Street, U.S.A. As you can see in this live photo by @InsideDLParis: http://twitpic.com/7b1sam

Josh

Here we go, I guess. It may just be a merchandise thing, but I think the kid's 'll love him. He's quite expensive though. Is he that expensive in the American parks?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

mattboywonder

He is $29.99 plus tax in the US parks.  Considering he is 29.99 Euros in Paris, he is certainly cheaper in the US
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

3disneymadkids

My oldest Daughter bought a duffy bear when we went to Florida in 2006.  He has slept with her every night since and is looking very loved.  We cannot wait to come and meet duffy at the end of this month

JelleP

Those people seem to like Duffy...
[youtube:35ukirt6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRBxLU89Hm4[/youtube:35ukirt6]
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Patrick89

Quote from: "Anthony"Surely there must be somewhere at the other end of Liberty Arcade where the riverboat mural could find a new home? It'd provide a good lead-in to that "Thunder Mesa Express" path, maybe encourage more people to discover the useful short cut.

A reapperance would be really nice, as the mural looked really great. I think many guests didn't really understand why an image of the riverboats appears at Main Street ( I have to admit, I didn't for a long time, too), so a place closer to Frontierland would be fine. As the new mural looks pretty well, my first anger has vanished, but it might come back if the riverboat mural will not return ;)
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

CafeFantasia

Presenting, the combination of two evils  :D What should we call him? Stuffy, or Ditch?

lubynoo

ok I don't care what anyone says. AWWWWWW can you buy that outfit? My son would go mad for this!!!!

CafeFantasia

Yeah, you can buy that Stuffy outfit actually. It's £37.26 on Rakuten, "the No.1 marketplace in Japan".

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/auc- ... tem/bb206/

lubynoo

:O expensive much!! Thanks for the link is the site legitimate do you know?

May have to get one for christmas though, my son loves my Duffy that we got from years ago when duffy wasn't even popular and he isn't as nice as the ones they have at Paris now and he finally got to get his own this year and he is VERY excited about meeting him next week. I think getting a stitch outfit for Duffy for christmas would really be the icing on the cake!!