Duffy the Disney Bear

Started by Malin, January 14, 2011, 11:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGRavenswood

Quote from: "pussinboots"Oh right, that mural. Expectations are high!

I don't know, I got the impression that expectations were really low! I can't blame everyone... That Mark Twain mural was made by my favorite Imagineering artist. I wouldn't want to see it replaced by a giant teddy bear advertisement either.

But I do enjoy that Japanese storybook. I definitely prefer it over this version:

//http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/10/new-duffy-the-disney-bear-storybook-to-debut-on-october-14-at-disney-parks/
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

lubynoo

And apparently he has arrived!! I am sad I can't see a pumpkin costume!!

http://pariscastmember.blogspot.com/201 ... tores.html

CafeFantasia

Yes, check out the Disneyland Paris Cast Member blog. It has lots of high quality photos on it, such as the 7 Duffy shots which were posted today. Here's one of them:

Josh

There were loads of tweets about it on InsideDLParis, too.

https://twitter.com/#!/InsideDLParis

Duffy is already being sold in The Storybook Store, which is apparently his official shop. :) Also, there's a few footprints on the floor to entice people towards the place where it's sold.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

JelleP

Some more Duffy(-outfits) photos can be found on the Disneyland Paris Cast Member Blog! :D

[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Liesbeth

I just posted some more on my blog //http://pariscastmember.blogspot.com/

Liesbeth

Quote from: "JelleP"Some more Duffy(-outfits) photos can be found on the Disneyland Paris Cast Member Blog! :D

Thanks  :D

lubynoo

I so did not buy one for EVERYONE oh wait we did :D. We fell in love with him he is SO SOFT!!!!!!!! His outfits are so cute too.

Cannot wait to meet him now in November. Just wish there had been a pumpkin outfit!! My son adores him!!

Josh

The new poster in the town square is here!

http://twitpic.com/75y1ba

Personally, I'm going to miss the nostalgia and detail of the old one, but the new one will do fine for me.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

pfspock

I may get crucified for this, but as an advertisement in a Victorian Town Square, this one actually makes more sense than the old one.

Patrick89

Well, it is pretty cool, but the other one was perfect. But it could have come worse. The only negative thing is that there is actually no connection to anything inside the Park, except Duffy the Bear...
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

Scissorsboi

You know what, it's not actually bad. I was expecting some printed photoshopped nightmare with Duffy waving hello and looking more like he belonged in a Rupert cartoon. But this is tasteful, and I love the link to DisneySea! I'm sure Disney would have saved the Paddle Steamer one, and if Duffy doesn't take off this time (although it's looking like he will), they can replace it easily.

But the artistic quality here is in my eyes on par with the original. Well done to the artist, I'd love to see him be commissioned again for future projects!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Columbiad

It's lovely, and whilst its perhaps better theme-wise for the area, the previous poster had a second job in advertising an attraction in the parks

While the Disney-geeks among us can catch the smart reference to Tokyo Disney-Sea and it's tie in with Duffy, the average visitor won't, and I hope it doesn't make people think they'll find the SS Columbia in DLP.

But kudos to the artist, it is beautiful.

Anthony

Wow, gorgeous! I like that with the Eiffel Tower and Statue of Liberty it actually leads nicely into Liberty Arcade and brings that theme of the bond between the countries out into the street. And I almost expected a giant arrow pointing to The Storybook Store saying "Buy Your Duffy Here".

But what's the story with this? Is this mural permanent now? And so is Duffy's residence at the boarding house permanent beyond Christmas? I was hoping they'd keep him only as a seasonal attraction.

In any case, this is a wonderful surprise. Give this mysterious artist even more work, DLP! (But preferably somewhere like the Studios, where you need to add things, rather than replace perfectly ok things...)

pussinboots

Quote from: "Anthony"Wow, gorgeous! I like that with the Eiffel Tower and Statue of Liberty it actually leads nicely into Liberty Arcade and brings that theme of the bond between the countries out into the street. And I almost expected a giant arrow pointing to The Storybook Store saying "Buy Your Duffy Here".

But what's the story with this? Is this mural permanent now? And so is Duffy's residence at the boarding house permanent beyond Christmas? I was hoping they'd keep him only as a seasonal attraction.

In any case, this is a wonderful surprise. Give this mysterious artist even more work, DLP! (But preferably somewhere like the Studios, where you need to add things, rather than replace perfectly ok things...)

Yes! It does work out perfectly in relation to the Liberty Arcade, how clever. Kudos to the artist, and also money! Now for a high-res version so we can all admire it properly and ruthlessly scrutinize it for messy eraser marks and such and such.