Ratatouille invades Manhattan Restaurant (Has now retreated)

Started by Festival Disney, January 11, 2011, 08:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martyn

I would imagine this only temporary anyway.

Could be to do with a possible announcement about a future Rat ride?

ed-uk

Any more news on this?
Ed & David

Martyn

We stayed in the Sequoia Lodge last week so we walked past it every day, and one day I went right upto the window and I'm very certain that there is nothing on the windows showing off scenes of Paris.

ed-uk

when you looked through the window did the restaurant look like it had been invaded by Ratatouille ? Any pictures of Remy, or Ratatouille themeing, did it still look like the Manhattan Restaurant?
Ed & David

Martyn

All I noticed was the pics on the wall, that have been pictured in this topic. Apart from that everything seems the same.

ed-uk

Good. Thanks for your reply.
Ed & David

ed-uk

Oh, I've seen some more pictures on another forum now. It's starting to look a bit Ratatouille-ish. And views of Paris. Not very New York. That said it does look quite nice. Try Disney Central Plaza.
Ed & David

pussinboots

I'm sorry, but to me this is more than just a little misguided, whether or not the stickers become magically invisible at nighttime. Just awful. Manhattan, Michael Graves' 1990-era art deco and that CGI version of Paris go about as well together as one of Heston Blumenthal's appetizers. Not to mention how cheap it all looks.

Mouetto, Disney Central Plaza

You can't transform this into Gusteau's, nor should you want to for heaven's sake. Save it for Disney's Parisian Resort & Spa.

15MagicalYears

Is there anyway we can complain about this at all? It's awful!

dagobert

I don't know what to say. It just looks cheap. I don't get it why they are transforming this wonderful restaurant into a Ratatouille restaurant. Now it is really strange and the CGI pictures of Paris definately don't fit the New York theme of the Manhattan restaurant.

Maybe the supposed Gusteau's Restaurant at WDS got cancelled.

Disney did so many wonderful things recently, just not in Paris.

lil-shawn

Speechless, just speechless, i don´t think there is any word in the world to say how this looks,
ugly and cheap is to nice to say. how could someone just thought about it and green lit it? Europeans
never will get it i think...

Now everyone in europe comes to DLP to eat at the new Manhatatouile Restaurant, you will see attendance and spending per
guest will get up 20% just because Remy is there. The boost will that high like on the Restaurant de Stars with Remy.

Oh and don´t forget to visit the park in every season then more rethemed restaurants will come, for one we have
The Wall-E Yacht Club Restaurant at New Port Bay and the Incrediblegrill at Sequoia Lodge. Inventions at the Disneyland Hotel will get rethemed as the Pixar Pals Restaurant. But thats nothing after you will see what awaits us next Year.

Space Mountain will get a Wall-E overlay. Big Thunder will get a Woody and Jassy Overlay. It´s a Small World will feature
all Pixar Pals. and the motto of 2012 is Disneyland Park and the Pixar Invasion  :twisted:

QuoteMaybe the supposed Gusteau's Restaurant at WDS got cancelled.
Maybe there isn´t anything Planed like the restaurant we all want, or the attraction at all, maybe all the buget got now into this rethemed restaurent or in mr. gas pocket....

dagobert

Quote from: "lil-shawn"Speechless, just speechless, i don´t think there is any word in the world to say how this looks,
ugly and cheap is to nice to say. how could someone just thought about it and green lit it? Europeans
never will get it i think...

Now everyone in europe comes to DLP to eat at the new Manhatatouile Restaurant, you will see attendance and spending per
guest will get up 20% just because Remy is there. The boost will that high like on the Restaurant de Stars with Remy.

Oh and don´t forget to visit the park in every season then more rethemed restaurants will come, for one we have
The Wall-E Yacht Club Restaurant at New Port Bay and the Incrediblegrill at Sequoia Lodge. Inventions at the Disneyland Hotel will get rethemed as the Pixar Pals Restaurant. But thats nothing after you will see what awaits us next Year.

Space Mountain will get a Wall-E overlay. Big Thunder will get a Woody and Jassy Overlay. It´s a Small World will feature
all Pixar Pals. and the motto of 2012 is Disneyland Park and the Pixar Invasion  :twisted:

QuoteMaybe the supposed Gusteau's Restaurant at WDS got cancelled.
Maybe there isn´t anything Planed like the restaurant we all want, or the attraction at all, maybe all the buget got now into this rethemed restaurent or in mr. gas pocket....

Perhaps in a few years DLRP is called Pixar Resort Paris :D .

I have to give credit to Mr. Gas. I think under his leadership many good things happened as well. For example there are many effects throughout the parks which haven't worked for ages are now back. There are also a lot of big refurbishments going on which will also improve the park. I don't think that he is involved in such decissions, like "improving" the Manhattan Restaurant.

I know DLRP is still behind the US standards in terms of maintenance, cleaness of the park and CMs, but I still hope that he will improve the resort. I also know that adding characters to everything will not help to do so. Maybe, if DLRP will ever make money, the situation will improve.

I wonder when DLRP will receive something new without a toon connection.

pussinboots

Do we all know about the disappearance of the sidewalk canopy yet? I'm talking about this:

This did two things:
- It was a nice homage to the New York city streetscape;
- It provided the only bit of interaction between the livelier parts of the hotel and Rockefeller Plaza.

I suppose not enough people used it and it was just a hassle to, oh, maintain or lock the door at night or something similar. Or it's being refurbished and will return with Ratatouille on it. In any case, it's gone.

Riebi

:(  Sad! Hope it´s just a refurb. Hat this whole ratatouille thing. And I hate that they don´t do again more with the plaza itself.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Martyn

I hope they dont pay the HNY manager too much....it doesn't seem to be run very well.

Have you seen the state of the fairy lights in the trees out there? And the fountains seem to live an empty live nowadays too....