France to ban smoking in public

Started by Anthony, October 09, 2006, 12:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soap

Quote from: "Lightning McQueen"I don't have a problem with a smoking ban in public places or other areas where people can get annoyed by someone else's smoke but there should be places where smokers can enjoy themselves.

Thats the way it should be yes. ;)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

miss disney fan

whats the story with story smoking in the park these days? as you guess i'm a smoker and was just wondering what the rules or how the ban is going?

Patrick

In the park I think it's like it always has been really you are allowed to smoke outside and so on, just not in queue lines and attractions.  Also no smoking in restaurants I think was mentioned.

miss disney fan

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"In the park I think it's like it always has been really you are allowed to smoke outside and so on, just not in queue lines and attractions.  Also no smoking in restaurants I think was mentioned.

thanks pat, so its the same as the last times i went i didnt smoke in the queues and i also dont like eating my food with someone puffing away at the next table

madame_leota

as far as i know all the bars are non smoking now too. i know billy bobs is for sure but im not sure about the sports bar

disney_donutter

I guess if billy bob's is, then sports bar would be too,  cant imagine it will be different.

Kristof

All bars, restaurants and hotel lobby's are smoke free.

dlrp-mad

I don't have a problem with people smoking outdoors as it just flutters away and that, I feel, is many people's attitude to this issue. I should imagine the park will allow smoking outdoors.

I was really suprised to hear that France had imposed a smoking ban, especially with the café culture.

dlrp-mad :mickey2:

dlrp trips:Debut] August 2006 - Sequoia Lodge December 2007 - Disneyland Hotel July 2008 - Newport Bay Club

Anonymous

It doesn't just flutter away - if the wind is blowing the wrong way, you get a cloud of someone's filth in your face. Sorry, but I don't appreciate smoking and it should be permanently banned in all public places, indoors or outdoors.

I'm pleased to say it did seem to have improved a lot in March when I went and didn't really notice people smoking. It was much worse the year before with people smoking in queue lines.

speedpacket

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"...
I'm pleased to say it did seem to have improved a lot in March when I went and didn't really notice people smoking. It was much worse the year before with people smoking in queue lines.
... in which case you simply have to react...  It always amazes me that although it is so obvious some of the spoilers are ruining other people's days, no one ever reacts...  When something shouldn't be done, I always tend to say something, and then you see people nodding their heads agreeing with my intervention...

Why don't we all do that...  As long as you don't - respectfully and calmly - point people to their mistakes, be it smoking in queue areas or queue jumping, they don't even realise they are bothering other people.  Just say something, and it is my experience that these issues are quickly resolved :)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Anonymous

That's easy to say, but when people don't listen or take offence, it can quickly turn into a scene which can spoil your day.  :?

disney_donutter

yeah I agree with you.  People can get quite funny about that sort of thing.  Try asking my mum to put her cig out, if looks could kill, I should be nothing but bones now.. lol

madame_leota

yep i agree with you, people can get very rude about it.

I do smoke, but not often, and i dont do it around people who dont like it or DEFENTLY not around my son or other childern. if i am smoking around someone and its bothering them i either put the cigarette out or i move. I would also not do it in que lines and things like that.

Its unfair for people to suffer because of something that someone else is doing. Lucky for me smoking is something that i can take or leave, I would personaly be perfectly happy if the they compleetly banned smoking through out the whole park but i know that so many people would be apposed to it, maybe if they just had one area in each land you could go to smoke in. I also HATE seeing ciggarette butts all over the floor, its become 100X worse since the smoking ban in england.

Parkfisch

There should be "No smoking" signs in waiting areas like Big Thunder Mountain and Indiana Jones. Ashtrays should be removed, because many people think it must be allowed when they see them.

meteor75

As requested by French laws, Disney has recently introduced additional no smoking signs in all enclosed areas. These new signs comply with the French regulation, stating the fine you can get if you're lighting up in the area (68 EUR)
Pictures and comments in French here.