Pocahontas--Special Edition?!

Started by Nala_84, July 31, 2006, 10:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nala_84

Hi there,

I was on the British amazon-site a few minutes ago and searched for whether there was "The Little Mermaid" yet. It'll be released on Nov 6th in the UK (I thought it would be released in October), okay so far.

Then I've found a link to "Pocahontas Special Edition" which was released in 2005 in the UK. WHAT??? Why hasn't it been released in Germany, too? :( We always get the same Disney DVDs that are published in the UK, too, but here we never had a Special Collection of Pocahontas, only a very bad and sad version with extras you can forget immediately...

I'm really disappointed of the guys who care about the German Disney DVD releases. I think they do everything just for their profit, although they cut out scenes and extras of the American/British versions and so the Disney magic gets lost. Even Ariel surely won't be released with the original voices from the 90s. I've already mailed to Buena Vista (Germany), but you can't do anything as fan. That's so sad...  :cry:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Patrick

Why not buy it from UK Amazon?  I have bought from amazon.de before, but I see your point I actually didn't buy the UK version, instead got the French Limited Edition one with the white cover and a leaf shape on the cover with pocahontas in it.  It's a really nice DVD, thankgod DLRP had it :) .  I do hope sometime they realise people want the original voices after seeing potc dead mans chest or is it called Flusche Des Karabik 2 or something in Germany :lol: , the voice overs for the characters definately were not as enthusiast as the English voices, Germany definately needs to keep the original movies instead of bad dubbing.

Nala_84

QuoteGermany definately needs to keep the original movies instead of bad dubbing.

Oh, yes, you're right!

I've seen the French Pocahontas Edition--looks beautiful, but it's surely only in French, is it? The German DVDs are always in German and English and often in other languages, too, like French, Italian, Spanish and Turkish. Maybe that's the "reason" for the shortening of extras? :(

I've written an email to Buena Vista Germany and I hope they'll answer me soon why they only publish shortcuts of DVDs and extras...
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Patrick

No the French edition is definately in French and English all Disney DVD's in France are, English is a world language don't ya know :wink: .

Nala_84

Hehe, of course I know--but sometimes the French think that their language is the world language No 1 ;)

I only hoped it'd be in German, too, but so I have to wait until there'll be such a Special Edition in Germany :(
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

QuoteHehe, of course I know--but sometimes the French think that their language is the world language No 1

Where did that came from  :?

Nala_84

Sorry, that's just my experience! I mean, when you're in Paris as a tourist you should think they'd speak English there, shouldn't you? We wanted to visit the Eiffel Tower and the guy from the tourist center only said: "Je ne comprends pas...", after my boyfriend asked him for the way in English  :roll:

Edit:
I think that's sooo sweet:
QuoteFlusche Des Karabik 2
:) It's "Fluch der Karibik 2" (=curse of the caribbean)--but you're right, I don't know why we didn't get an additional name like "Dead Man's Chest"!  :roll:
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Disneyana

Hi Nala !
In 2005 there was a Special Edition released for Pocahontas here in Germany, because I bought it. But you're right it's not as good as the UK one. Very less Extras. Sadly it's always the same. Our Special Editions aren't quite that good as the UK one`s. The only great Special Edition till now was the Aladdin one.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Patrick

Well here's a random question for any Pocahontas hardcore fan, does anybody know if they altered the scene when Pocahontas goes to see Smith when he's been captured by her tribe, since I do not recall seeing the If I never knew you part in there and then it reprises a bit at the finale when John Smith gets kissed by Pocahontas, just something I just wondering if anybody knew if they added into it or if it was there all the time and I'm just being stupid.  I just cannot be bothered to go fast forwarding through my original video of it I have considering I've just spent a while watching the DVD in french :lol: .

Nala_84

I guess I can't give you an answer, but that's an interesting point.

I only know the song "If I Never Knew You" performed by Jon Secada and Shanice!!! We have NEVER had the scene on the German video and DVD when John and Pocahontas sing it?!? Is there such a scene in English?? I even can't remember it when I was in the cinemas in 1995.... :(
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Patrick

Yeah just after I asked the question I had a search around the DVD and long behold I found they originally made a scene with John Smith and Pocahontas singing it and removed it for the cinematic release because it was too much to take in one movie.  Though Roy Disney gave me an answer in the interview when he mentioned that they placed it back in the movie for the Special Edition DVD version was released, see answered my own question :D .

Nala_84

What, you interviewed ROY DISNEY himself??? Wow :)

I'm really sad that we don't have such a Special Edition of Pocahontas  :evil:  When I emailed to Buena Vista Germany I got the answer that there's no SE planned so far :cry:
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Sam

I got bored waiting for a Dutch  dvd-release, so I bought the film in Disneyland (for 25 euros). Nice film, nice dvd.

The premiere in Central Park is spectacular, never seen that before.

Nala_84

Hey Sam,

did you buy the DVD in your language? Or are there only English and French DVDs at DLRP? (I've never bought a DVD there before)...
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]