POTC 2: attraction references (SPOILERS)

Started by Kristof, July 27, 2006, 11:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Post here the attraction references you noticed in POTC2!  

Don't read further if you haven't seen the movie yet and don't like spoilers.  :)

Jon

the mayor in the well in torguga
If we don\'t have the key, we can\'t open whatever it is we don\'t have that it unlocks. So what purpose would be served in finding whatever need be unlocked, which we don\'t have, without first having found the key what unlocks it?

experiment627

I might have imagined things but the stranded ship (shortly before Davy Jones appears) reminded me a bit of the one near DLP's Blue Lagoon restaurant...

Jon

the swamp in the film i believe is based around the blue bayou (lagoon) in the ride
do the bits in the film have to relate to pirates of the caribbean because i know 2 other bits based on other disney things?
If we don\'t have the key, we can\'t open whatever it is we don\'t have that it unlocks. So what purpose would be served in finding whatever need be unlocked, which we don\'t have, without first having found the key what unlocks it?

Kristof

Here's my favourite...  When Jack Sparrow leaves that hut with food and silver dinner set on Cannibal Island, you can see the talking skull from the ride right above the door.

Quotei know 2 other bits based on other disney things?

Shoot  :wink:

Kristof

Here's another one: the "fat" woman chasing a pirate.

Jon

when the word tortouga is burning on the deck of the ship its written in disney font and tia dalma's house is an exact copy of a house accross the boarding area on the jungle cruise in florida

The Butlin Boy

I'll have to look out for these things when I see the film again! :wink:

Kristof

IMDB has some great trivia facts on this page here:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383574/trivia