Disneyland Railroad - Ride In The Engine Car?

Started by CafeFantasia, December 06, 2010, 01:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

If you know someone that's really into trains, and their one wish is to kind of "drive" a train, is it possible to get a ride in the engine car on the Disneyland Railroad? Has anyone ever seen that happen or done that?

davewasbaloo

I have ridden in the engine in California, as well as driving the Mark Twain, but I have never done anything like that in Paris. I am a little cynical, but you could always ask,
since 2001 (many before that)

CafeFantasia

Oh right, thanks. It seems like it's the sort of experience that would depend on generous, friendly Cast Members. I can't imagine it happening in Paris.

Adam

It would probably be a bit tight in there, as it isn't huge, and they may have a H+S issue, but it is worthwhile asking CMs. It would be a great experience.

RiverRogue

If asked gently, CMs will let you ride in the Molly Brown pilot-house.

Everything else I'm afraid is off-limits, strictly for safety reasons (in the case of the Mark Twain for a steep staircase; the train engines have plenty of hot parts and there's always somewhat of a risk due to steam pressure).

DopeyDad

Our youngest son was lucky enough to to go in Mollys cabin. He was just one and a lovely CM passed him through the window and helped him sound the whistle if I recall correctly. That's still one of my fondest DLP memories.