New Park Plan launches

Started by Anthony, October 06, 2006, 08:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Raptor1982 just send me these two cameraphone images of the new Disneyland park plan due to launch tomorrow:

As you can see, the Entertainment listings are now in a separate b&w leaflet to the full-colour map.  This is similar to the early years of the resort, and also to how the US parks operate.  You can also just about see that the park map layout has changed again, making it even closer to the US style (the last redesign made it fairly similar already).

The Entertainment Programme looks quite big... hopefully it won't be too annoying to carry around.

I suppose the old system of reprinting maps every time entertainment changes wasn't very efficient and probably cost a lot of money when they had leftover maps.

The Butlin Boy

It looks very nice :)

Is there going to be a new Studios map aswell?

Anthony

I guess so... it'll probably be introduced whenever the current WDS map expires.  I'm not sure if the Entertainment Programme will be that necessary though, since the WDS times don't change very often.  :?

Dlrpfan

so are these new designs for the year of a million dreams and halloween? also they may be tests for next years 15th ones
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Miss Tinkerbell

Goody!! l'll have to bring those along then!!!

Maarten

Just a side note, but did they change the colors of the Buzz Lightyear building back in April? At least they changed the entrance sign of Space Mountain when Mission 2 opened.

Kris

I'm not overly keen on the style of these guides I have to say. Black and white is so un-Disney and uninspiring. I know the image is reasonably poor, but the paper does resemble thin recycled paper (which of course is a brilliant idea), but doesn't show extravagant Disney quality yet again. It has a cheaper appearance.

I'll reserve judgement until I see these in person, but at the moment I am unsure if it's an improvement for the guests.
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Anthony

Quote from: "Dlrpfan"so are these new designs for the year of a million dreams and halloween? also they may be tests for next years 15th ones
I don't think DLRP are paying attention to the year of a million dreams.  This new design seems to basically just be to save money on the expensive old design and to finally match the graphics of the leaflets with those of the brochures and other new signs around the resort.

I think it's strange that even though they now have entertainment in a separate plan, the park map is still dated only for during Halloween.  So that kinda defeats the point of this cost saving plan.

You're right kris that the b&w leaflet isn't that great, but since its only a listing of entertainment times it's probably good they made it simple.  I think guests won't really be that bothered it's not a full colour, cloth-printed, laminated, scented Disney masterpiece... they probably won't even bother to pick it up. :lol:  I think this redesign was worth it just to finally get rid of the horrible needmag?c designs - for the last 2 years they've just been having to work around them, so its nice they finally chucked em.

Quote from: "Maarten"Just a side note, but did they change the colors of the Buzz Lightyear building back in April? At least they changed the entrance sign of Space Mountain when Mission 2 opened.
Did you mean to say changed the park map?  They added a small buzz logo to the cover in April.  Or if you did mean the building - yes of course, it looks completely different. :wink:

Dlrpfan

it also looks a lot like the new california and wdw ones
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Kris"Black and white is so un-Disney and uninspiring

Technically, it is blue and white :lol:

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "Maarten"Just a side note, but did they change the colors of the Buzz Lightyear building back in April? At least they changed the entrance sign of Space Mountain when Mission 2 opened.
Did you mean to say changed the park map?  They added a small buzz logo to the cover in April.  Or if you did mean the building - yes of course, it looks completely different. :wink:

The subject of this topic is the new parkmap, so I guess I ment the first option.  :wink:

So did they change the colors of the Buzz building on the parkmap? (I hope I am making myself clear now).  :P

Poppy The Monkey

I understand what you mean now!

I was a bit confused too. But the actual animated picture of the building on the map has not changed since Buzz opened, but the attractions number and a "character meet and greet" logo covers the drawing of the building anyway.

Anthony

Ahh I understand now Maarten. :wink: Yeah, I suppose they're guarding their euros there, until they need to update another part of the map for whatever reason.

Anthony

Here's a clearer image by DLRP_Bopazot on MiceChat:

The text reads:

The little
Park Guide
where the dreams become reality!

:!: our suggestions
 :!: where to meet the Disney characters
 :!: things and ideas for an unforgettable day

So it seems like they're trying to sell it as a mini park guide book rather than just a simple map these days. :)

The Butlin Boy

And here's a clearer image of the inside: