Disney's Christmas Season (2006)

Started by Kinou, June 12, 2006, 02:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Ah cool, thanks. :)

I never realised what the implications of having Santa in the park were, but you made a good point - he must be one talented guy to be able to speak with every child.

Poppy The Monkey

A little information on the Chandeliers.

They will be illuminated in a different and improved way this year, with an even more heart-warming magical effect.

Also the colour has been changed slightly to make them a little warmer then the ice blue of last year.

All will be revealed on Saturday or at the full show rehearsals over tomorrow and Friday night — if you want to sneak in somehow.

Miss Tinkerbell

They're doing a better job this year.  l saw some pics of the banisters in Main Street and it looks much better, less "empty"

l can't post those pics here though because the person doesn't want them to be taken save to be put on one forum  :roll:  talk about childish....

miss disney fan

just wondered if anyone can help me out with something, on the main disney site for the uk is got closing times at 6pm but when you look at the Fantillusion parade its at 7pm????????  :?

Anthony

The earliest the park closes during Christmas is 7pm, there aren't any 6pm closures I can see (except for January but Fanti won't be running then).

It'll probably be like Wishes in the Summer, with all the attractions closing and then everyone ushered to the parade route. I wouldn't be surprised if the CMs in the Main Street shops are scheduled to work to 8pm or 9pm on these nights too.

DisneyBud

Does anyone have any pictires of how the tree looked last year? I just can't seem to visualise it...

miss disney fan

i have some pics of the tree from 2003 if thats any help, but dont no how to add then on here

Kristof

Quote from: "DisneyBud"Does anyone have any pictires of how the tree looked last year? I just can't seem to visualise it...

Did you ever notice the "photosmagiques.com" in the URL of this board?  :wink:

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/christmas_2005

Hilary

Less than a month now until my first visit to the Park in three years! Am only going for a day (well, will actually only be about 4 hours :( ) but at least I'll be able to take in all the Christmas decorations.

Just wondering, I'll have to leave about 6pm - will the EFC have taken place by then? Will be sad if I miss the castle turning all sparkly!

Patrick

Wow that's so cool, the enchanted fairytale ceremony this year is taking place at 5:30pm, as far as I know, so you may be able to catch it.

Hilary

Hey! Wow it's been ages since we "spoke" (it's too depressing being on Disney sites when you have no trips planned!).

Anyway, here's hoping that it is 5.30 - that would be perfect! Just can't wait to go again and take loads of photos :D

DisneyBud

Quote from: "raptor1982"
Quote from: "DisneyBud"Does anyone have any pictires of how the tree looked last year? I just can't seem to visualise it...

Did you ever notice the "photosmagiques.com" in the URL of this board?  :wink:

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/christmas_2005

haha, yes I know, I was just feeling too lazy to be bothered to search, will have a look now.

Anthony

I've just uploaded some photos and a video of the first performance of The Christmas Parade if anyone's interested.

Photos: http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2006/11/ ... -2006.html

Video: http://www.dlrpmagic.com/video/the_chri ... e_2006.wmv

In case you're wondering, I didn't hold both a camera and video camera at the same time, I ran from it's a small world to Town Square. :lol: Made it with ages to spare, too!

I edited the video very quickly, and there's a section just as the first float goes past where frames kept being dropped, sorry. I'm sure you can forgive me. :?

Edit: Btw, watch how wide the first float takes the corner - I thought I was going to get my legs chopped off!!

Hilary

"If anyone's interested..." :P

Photos are beautiful. Just waiting for the video to download.

Patrick

Nice video and photos :) , two things bug me there's no hats on the Arabian dancers :? , and also the Chimney Sweep choreography seems even more simple than it did in previous years, apart from that what a nice parade, if not a bit boring in parts :lol: .  Wow that float did come rather close, remember in the Villain Parade I stood around there and the floats started turning way before the turn.  Oh yes how on earth was the park that dead, there seems to be noone around the parade route, when just 4 days earlier people could hardly move.