Kelly & Dylan's 1st Halloween Trip - FINAL DAY ADDED

Started by kelly.dylan, October 12, 2010, 10:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelly.dylan

Hi everyone,

Im soooo excited and with 10 days to go and only packing left to do thought now would be a good time to start my pre-trip report :D

Going on the trip are:

Me: Kelly (34)
DS: Dylan (11)

We are travelling on the Eurostar on Friday 22nd Oct and staying in the Hotel New York (a complete surprise to Dylan, he thinks we are staying in the Cheyenne).

We have tickets to Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party on 22nd October. We are both dressing up, I have got a Minnie Mouse dress and I have made Dylan a Dr Facilier outfit :thumbs:

Dylan in his outfit (although yesterday at school can you believe he had an accident and has cut and bruised his cheek-looks like he has got face paints on for halloween already!!)

We have pre-booked our restaurants for the trip:
Friday: Parkside Diner
Saturday: Plaza Gardens
Sunday: Cafe Mickey
Monday: Walts
Tuesday: Lucky Nugget

We are hoping to do lots of rides we have missed in previous trips- Phantom Manor, Crush's Coaster, ToT (maybe) and Toy Story Playland.

Have got a few more bits to go in but this is the majority of Dylan's surprise goodie bag for the train!

We received our shareholders club membership card last month so also looking forward to going to Salon Mickey for the first time too! :D/

It's the first time we have been for Halloween so really looking forward to seeing the trick or treat part of the parade and all of the extra's going on in the park :pumpkin:  :maleficent_bounce:  :pumpkin:
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

kelly.dylan

Well we are off tomorrow so look forward to telling everyone about it next week x
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

DisneyBud

Have lots of fun! Look forward to reading the full report on your return. That Dr. Facilier outfit is excellent. Where did you get the fabric for the jacket from? And also, what is Salon Mickey? Something to do with shareholder's, I gathered that much, but what exactly?

Laura678

Have fun!!

Can't wait to read your post-trip report!!! :D
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

15MagicalYears

Hope you have a great time!

I'll be looking foward to reading your trip report when you return :)

Cendrillon

Have a great time! The Dr Facilier outfit is incredible, by the way!

GaryL

Have fun Kelly :)

smurfy74

hope you have a great trip

kelly.dylan

We are back from the most AMAZING Disney trip!  :D

I will try and start my trip report tonight and upload some of the 500 photos i have taken :oops:
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

GaryL

Hope you both had a good time Kelly :)

Laura678

I cannot wait to read yout trip report!!!
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

bensmum

looking forward to reading your report, it was nice to meet you and Dylan,
Lynne

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "bensmum"looking forward to reading your report, it was nice to meet you and Dylan,
Lynne
and you Lynne, hope you enjoyed your last day! Shame we didnt meet you earlier! I havent started the report yet as we had to take one of our guinea pigs to the emergency vet last night, they think he had meningitis and had to be put to sleep so Dylans emotions went from a complete high from our holiday to all time low last night! He cried himself to sleep bless him!
It was such a fantastic holiday though, Dylan absolutely loved it, said it was the best holiday ever! I think most of that is down to Dr Facilier who was absolutely amazing and has left a lasting impression on Dylan.
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

kelly.dylan

DAY ONE
Dylan had been looking forward to our first Disney Halloween since i booked back in June and we both had a bit of a restless night! I was up at 5.30 making sure everything was ready and woke dylan at 6.45 ready to get the train to Kings cross at 8am.
We arrived at St Pancras and was all checked in by 8.45 so had an hour to wait -which seemed like a lifetime! We sat behind a couple of children from Dylans school on the way there which was funny as we didnt know the other was going!
We arrived at the magic just after 1.30pm and Dylan wanted to head straight for Phantom Manor to see the Villains.

Well the first person we saw was Dr Facilier, who was amazing and made Dylans holiday the most memorable ever.
Dylan told him he was coming dressed as him for the Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party later that night and he was genuinely impresssed and told Dylan to have a great evening! It was at this point Dylan told me this was going to be the best holiday EVER, and we had only been in Disney half an hour!

We also met Jafar outside Phantom Manor

We then had a wander round Frontierland, looking at all the Halloween decorations and just taking in the atmosphere!

We left the park at around 3pm and went over to the studios to have around Toy Story Playland.  All the queues were at least 30 minutes and as we had MNSSHP that eve we didnt want to waste too much time queueing so just went on the flying carpets and cars in the Studios.

We arrived at the Hotel New York and Dylan was bursting with excitement, he thought we were just eating there and when we got to our room he began jumping on the bed saying it was the BEST hotel he had ever stayed in!

We had dinner in the Parkside Diner, which to be honest wasn't all that and I definately wouldn't eat there again.

We then went back up to our room to get ready for the party, with Dylan showing me his Dr Facilier pose!

UP NEXT MICKEYS NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY....
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad