Happy Halloween 3-8th October. VIDEO UPDATE JAN 14th.

Started by littlemermaid83, October 11, 2010, 12:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alaina82

Hey littlemermaid83...just wanted to say that im lovin ur trip report!! As a current character CM its sooo nice to know that we do actually make kids dreams come true and make an impact on their holiday. Its really hard to interact with every child, especially when its busy, but i know the majority of us always try and make them feel like theyve been noticed and its lovely to see them when theyre dressed up and have made a real effort, it actually makes our day too! Some kids are really rough with the characters; we get hit, kicked, pinched and punched on a daily basis and some nationalities are REALLY rude and can get quite aggressive if u dont see their child straight away, they will literally shove the child infront of you or shout FOTO, FOTO, FOTO in your face (word of warning...if u do this, u WILL be ignored for longer cos we're there to see EVERY child!!). If we can hear the parents telling the child to wait their turn and say please and thank you (bless u English families....'say Merci' :p) we will always try and make a special effort to interact and spend time with them, manners cost nothing and as characters we REALLY appreciate this! Gone off tangent i know but basically i was leading up to say that Kyra looks lovely and the effort that she made was reciprocated by the CMs as it should be.
I think after a bad shift i will come and read this post to remind me of the Disney Magic we aim to create!!
PS.  If its ok i might pass this thread onto Dr Facilier himself so he can see how much u appreciated his time...everyone needs to know theyre doing good once in a while lol

tinkswishes

Did u have a pass for the parades etc as I notice u were on the benched area in the 2nd video? Or is this area now open for all?

littlemermaid83

Sorry I haven't updated for ages!

Tink Wishes, we didn't have any special pass for anything. You can sit where the benches are.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "alaina82"Hey littlemermaid83...just wanted to say that im lovin ur trip report!! As a current character CM its sooo nice to know that we do actually make kids dreams come true and make an impact on their holiday. Its really hard to interact with every child, especially when its busy, but i know the majority of us always try and make them feel like theyve been noticed and its lovely to see them when theyre dressed up and have made a real effort, it actually makes our day too! Some kids are really rough with the characters; we get hit, kicked, pinched and punched on a daily basis and some nationalities are REALLY rude and can get quite aggressive if u dont see their child straight away, they will literally shove the child infront of you or shout FOTO, FOTO, FOTO in your face (word of warning...if u do this, u WILL be ignored for longer cos we're there to see EVERY child!!). If we can hear the parents telling the child to wait their turn and say please and thank you (bless u English families....'say Merci' :p) we will always try and make a special effort to interact and spend time with them, manners cost nothing and as characters we REALLY appreciate this! Gone off tangent i know but basically i was leading up to say that Kyra looks lovely and the effort that she made was reciprocated by the CMs as it should be.
I think after a bad shift i will come and read this post to remind me of the Disney Magic we aim to create!!
PS.  If its ok i might pass this thread onto Dr Facilier himself so he can see how much u appreciated his time...everyone needs to know theyre doing good once in a while lol

Gosh sorry I didn't reply to this sooner. I just want to say a special thankyou to all you CM's, every trip we have been on Kyra has so many magical moments with you guys.  It really makes us wanting to go back even more.  I know that as Kyra gets older she will look back and treasure all the wonderful moments she had at Disney, and me aswell. Thankyou just doesn't seem enough sometimes. So many people made our October trip magical.  

And yes Dr Facilier is still Kyras best friend lol. Months on and she still says how much she misses him. lol.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

littlemermaid83

Anyway here is another video I made, Part 2

[youtube:39i9bbwy]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfdVshwm1js[/youtube:39i9bbwy]

mdw

wow!!! i am a sucker for your videos. Tears in my eyes everytime. I hope my daughters get magical moments like this. Although I will have to keep my sunglasses on because im going to be an emotional wreck lol