Happy Halloween 3-8th October. VIDEO UPDATE JAN 14th.

Started by littlemermaid83, October 11, 2010, 12:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "stacey-claire"Hey just a quick question, you said at check in they ask you about the relation thing and you show them your daughters birth certificate, is this summat they do all the time, im taking my little brother who hasnt got the same last name as me, so will it be a problem for us, never done eurostar before, always flown, so not too sure how it works xx :belle:

I'm not sure, they asked what relation I was to Kyra and I said Mother and they checked her Birth certificate.  You may need a letter if his parents are not going with you.  They are really hot on this now both at check in and on the train home. I have been asked every time in my last 3 trips to prove I'm Kyras mother.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"
Quote from: "stacey-claire"Hey just a quick question, you said at check in they ask you about the relation thing and you show them your daughters birth certificate, is this summat they do all the time, im taking my little brother who hasnt got the same last name as me, so will it be a problem for us, never done eurostar before, always flown, so not too sure how it works xx :belle:

I'm not sure, they asked what relation I was to Kyra and I said Mother and they checked her Birth certificate.  You may need a letter if his parents are not going with you.  They are really hot on this now both at check in and on the train home. I have been asked every time in my last 3 trips to prove I'm Kyras mother.
I think i may take a copy of Dylans birth certificate when we go next week just in case as we dont have the same surname either.  We have been 3 times before and never been asked (perhaps its because he is 11 and a bit older)but dont want to get to the station and have a problem :thumbs:
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

littlemermaid83

BBWWS review.

We got here around 5.30 and was given Yellow hats.  We met Mickey and had a drink in the bar and then watched the show with Goofy which me and Kyra really enjoyed.

We got upgraded to the seats at the front and I got a non alcholic cocktail, we had bread and some sort of cake.  Kyra enjoyed it.

I didnt eat my chilli as I hate it and ended up pigging on Kyras meal as she wasnt eating much of it, was too busy watching the show so by the time my food came around I was pretty full lol.  The food was ok, nothing special and they could of cooked the wedges a bit better they was pretty soggy IMO.  Loved the apple pie and ice cream though that was delicious!

The show was very very good and I really don't understand why people moaned about Mickey and co appearing in the show, I don't think it took away the effect on how great the show is and Kyra loved seeing them in it.

Our team lost but overall a great time was had and I think it was worth the money I paid, but I wouldn't pay full price for it.

It was around 8ish when we finally left and got back to the hotel, where Kyra went to bed and I unpacked and went bed ready for a long full day ahead.

Day 2 coming soon.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

lynny

Loving your report.......making me really excited for my trip on the 24th....12 more sleeps :D

just wanted to comment on being asked about relationship thingy....
i got asked at heathrow on the way back from disney last halloween what relation i was to my youngest as she has a different surname....havn't been asked since or b4 that but taking her birth certificate sounds like a good idea just in case :thumbs:
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

kelly.dylan

Love the report so far. I have to agree with you about BBWWS, Mickey and co dont take anything away from the show and the food is nothing great. I think we have done it once and for the money it costs thats enough for us!
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

HildeKitten

I loved meeting Dr Facilier as well!  You have such awesome photos and videos :)
I've been telling everyone to make a little note to hand over at city hall to petition for him to stay on all year thanks to your tip btw!  I hope it works!  My friends and I will be handing in notes this Halloween ourselves :)

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "HildeKitten"I loved meeting Dr Facilier as well!  You have such awesome photos and videos :)
I've been telling everyone to make a little note to hand over at city hall to petition for him to stay on all year thanks to your tip btw!  I hope it works!  My friends and I will be handing in notes this Halloween ourselves :)

Thats awesome! Emailing guest relations will help aswell.  I hope he stays on he is awesome!!!

littlemermaid83

Sharing another little video today as not had time to update my TR.

Best of Friends  

[youtube:30afyief]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YVQE1eqkCQ[/youtube:30afyief]

Enjoy

Day 2 coming in the next day or two.

kelly.dylan

How cute is that video! I had to go and get a tissue it actually brought tears to my eyes! Kyra looks gorgeous at the end dancing in her Tianna dress, bless her x
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

DLP-Photos.com

Great trip report so far - thanks for sharing.

Seems like your daughter had a magical and very disney time with some amazing CM's.

May I ask, whether there was a special reason for the basket from the hotel manager? Sounds like a lovely surprise.
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "forza_united"May I ask, whether there was a special reason for the basket from the hotel manager? Sounds like a lovely surprise.

Not sure, but my friend works in reservations so maybe that helped.  It was a lovely suprise anyway.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "kelly.dylan"How cute is that video! I had to go and get a tissue it actually brought tears to my eyes! Kyra looks gorgeous at the end dancing in her Tianna dress, bless her x

Thanks Kelly, I showed it to Kyra this morning and she said it made her sad as she misses all her friends at Disney and then cried....oops lol.

kelly.dylan

Bless her, I was going to say you could have got her to write a letter to dr facilier and posted it to me and we could have given it to him on Friday, but think that is prob asking a bit much of a 4 year old lol!
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "kelly.dylan"Bless her, I was going to say you could have got her to write a letter to dr facilier and posted it to me and we could have given it to him on Friday, but think that is prob asking a bit much of a 4 year old lol!

Awww thats such a nice offer  :thumbs: ....Luckily the CM has found me on FB so we are arranging something for her via that way.  Shes in process of drawing him a picture which we can send to him  :lol:

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"
Quote from: "kelly.dylan"Bless her, I was going to say you could have got her to write a letter to dr facilier and posted it to me and we could have given it to him on Friday, but think that is prob asking a bit much of a 4 year old lol!

Awww thats such a nice offer  :thumbs: ....Luckily the CM has found me on FB so we are arranging something for her via that way.  Shes in process of drawing him a picture which we can send to him  :lol:
aaahhhh, that's lovely xx
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite