Aladdin's Flying Carpets (Mark II)

Started by guest3474, April 05, 2010, 04:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scissorsboi

Why not attach balloons to the current location and change the carpets to items of furniture, then you could have an Up ride! Or alternatively change the theme to fish (similar to One Fish, Two Fish at IOA) and make it Nemo, then change Animagique to Finding Nemo the Musical, rename Toon Studio to Pixar Place and you'd have a large Finding Nemo area, a supporting ride to Crush and a new show to advertise?

A little different to moving it to DLP (however, that is something I'd like to see, it's just a pain trying to find a nice location for it in Adventureland), but a work around the fact that it now sticks out like a sore thumb! Moving the ride across parks would also remove one of the few kids attractions in Studios, I don't think they'd want to do that to keep visitors happy!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

guest3474

But Scissorsboi, there are the two new kids attraction (Parachutes and Zig-Zag) along with Race Rally , Playhouse and Stitch mainly pure kids attractions in WDS. Surely thats enough? :lol:

Scissorsboi

Good point, I forgot about the two new ones, I was classing Zig-Zag as a small thrill as opposed to a kids ride. I think wherever the ride goes it'll be unwanted, it's basically a clone of Dumbo, and DLP already has Orbitron, does it need another one? WDW may have many, but once I'd done one, I didn't see the appeal of doing the same ride with a different look. At least with it in Studios if a guest isn't going into Disneyland Parc then they get to do 'Dumbos' without being able to do the exact same thing in the next land!

guest3474

Orbitron and Dumbo hoth have critically low thoroughput compared to omnimover attractions. Whilst omnimover attractions basically do the same movements, it is the themeing that changes the ride experiences .

Pirates of the Carribean - Be a pirate!
Phantom Manor - Catch Ghosts!
Buzz Lightyear - Defeat Zurg!

It's the same emphasis with the 'carnival rides'

Dumbo - Learn to fly!
Orbitron - Be an astronaut!
Flying Carpets - Be a film star/ explore agrabah.

Scissorsboi

The latter 3 don't have the same impression as the Omnimovers though, I mean the Dumbo variations have the same look at the end of the day, just with other things attached to them, whereas the Omnimovers are immersive experiences with different layouts etc - Buzz even has the interactivity difference. I think people would notice if there were 3 Dumbos in DLP, but they would see Phantom Manor and Buzz as 2 totally different rides. Same with Pirates and IASM.

guest3474

QuoteBuzz even has the interactivity difference

and so does the flying carpets in comparison to it's fellow versions (Up/down,etc) :D

bucolla

I am suppose to read The Arabian Nights for summer reading, and i need to write a journal, any suggestions? I started reading arabian nights and i highly disliked it, now i have to write a 1000 word journal on it for 9th grade english, i need help on what to include in it, and suggestions of themes or any literature terms would be appreciated.

keyword research ~ keyword tool ~ keyword tracking ~ affiliate elite