Eurostar - Refurbished Fleet (2012), New Trains (2014) + DB

Started by Adam, October 08, 2010, 01:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

Having been on board recently, the existing trains are looking rather tired. However, having been reminded of the refurb, it appears that the first refurbished trains will enter service this month!

Hopefully, Eurostar will release some pictures when the first train launches - or a forum member will be lucky enough to travel on one and take some snaps!

jonathan

I live about 30 minutes drive from Ebbsfleet so am pretty spolied by being so close to Eurostar- just a few hours and we're right at the heart of the magic.  These new trains sound superb.

littlemermaid83

Oh I hope the Disneyland train is one of the newer ones!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

claire2281

Quote from: "jonathan"I live about 30 minutes drive from Ebbsfleet so am pretty spolied by being so close to Eurostar- just a few hours and we're right at the heart of the magic.  These new trains sound superb.

I live about a 5 minute drive from Ashford station. Handy but torture every time you walk in the Eurostar entrance, see the Disney lift and realise you're not going! :D

It is by far the easiest way of travelling to Disney if you can get reasonably easy access to St P or Ashford. The convenience and speed can't be beaten.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "claire2281"
Quote from: "jonathan"I live about 30 minutes drive from Ebbsfleet so am pretty spolied by being so close to Eurostar- just a few hours and we're right at the heart of the magic.  These new trains sound superb.

I live about a 5 minute drive from Ashford station. Handy but torture every time you walk in the Eurostar entrance, see the Disney lift and realise you're not going! :D

It is by far the easiest way of travelling to Disney if you can get reasonably easy access to St P or Ashford. The convenience and speed can't be beaten.

Ebbsfleet is just as convenient. I like 20mins away from Ebbsfleet and its so much easier going from there than Ashford.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

jonathan

We've been from both Ashford and Ebbsfleet and found Ebbsfleet to be easier but then if I lived 5 mins away from Ashford station that would definitley be easier!

HayHay

those trains need a refurb on the inside! they werent the nicest of carriages and we were in the standard premier! everything was dull and grey! add some colour people! lol

Adam

Just wondered if anyone has seen a refurbished train yet?

I assume they have been delayed.

Ravenseye

We have just changed our plans and are now going by Eurostar (for the fourth time). I'm interested to note the changes, the biggest one being that we now go from a totally new station. I worked at Waterloo during some of the Eurostar construction period, so it was kinda strange to remember all the upheaval (shops closing etc...) for this new 'awesome' service when I read that it was 'moving' to a new home!
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

Adam

Having looked into this again, it seems that the refurbished trains have been delayed and are returning in the second half of this year.

In other news, DB aren't going to be running their services until at least 2016.

HFJohnson

When I booked my tickets for September I was told we'd been given seats in a new carriage so it will be interesting to see what it's like. The trains have been looking a bit tired recently so it will be nice to see an improvement.