Norhels trip to Disney World 20 sep to 7 okt 2010

Started by norhel, October 07, 2010, 07:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norhel

Howdy all!

Come back today from a magical trip to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.
Was there for 16 nights and the whole travel party enjoyed the holiday, except from a medical problem that included a hospital visit.
Are planning to write a trip report for you to read in a couple of days. Had a long flight back home to Norway. About 16-18 hours travel time I think it was, and very little sleep on the flight, so I think the bed are calling early to day
But before I start to write the report, I have to organize the photos and videos I've taken during the trip. 4808 photos and videos, so I aren't looking that forward to that. Add all the photos taken on the PhotoPass cards from the Disney Photographer, so we are talking about a lot of pictures.

So stay tuned if you want to read the report.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Soap

Thx for the pre report, always eager for the photos  ;)
I hope the hospital visit was for a minor thing?
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

dagobert

Can't wait to read your trip report. Hopefully you had a great time despite your hospital visit.

norhel

Quote from: "Soap"I hope the hospital visit was for a minor thing?

It was 4 hours, but the circumstances wasn't so good. More about that in day 5.

Quote from: "dagobert"Can't wait to read your trip report. Hopefully you had a great time despite your hospital visit.
We surely had a great time! And we also got a lot of souvenirs. Got a lot of books, cd, chocolate and pins. More about that in one of the last days. :-)

Soap

Quote from: "norhel"

Quote from: "dagobert"Can't wait to read your trip report. Hopefully you had a great time despite your hospital visit.
We surely had a great time! And we also got a lot of souvenirs. Got a lot of books, cd, chocolate and pins. More about that in one of the last days. :-)

OMG days???? I hoped minutes.......... :shock:

Hahaha  :lol:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

norhel

Quote from: "Soap"
Quote from: "norhel"

OMG days???? I hoped minutes.......... :shock:

Hahaha  :lol:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
The trip report is due to be started with today :-)
Just have to tag my pictures and upload those I want to use here.
(Just if anyone is interested on the progress :-) )
But the hospital story is in the trip report for day 5 (sepember 24)

Soap

Yeah that famous photo selecting issue.....always takes some time. I know that one  ;)
But take your time, was just kidding around hihi

norhel

Quote from: "Soap"But take your time, was just kidding around hihi
I know  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

norhel

Howdy all!

Just done with tagging my pictures, so I thought I started with day 1 for my report.
Dates: 20 September to 7 October 2010.
Who: Me and my parents.

DAY 1
Nothing much to say here realy.
Left Oslo Airport Gardermoen about 11.45, about 20 min late with Continental. Not sure why.
Had about 8,5 hours flight to New York where we had to wait for about 4 hours. But it was quick, since we had to clear Border and Protection control (or whatever they call it), and deliver our bags back to Continental. But it was quick and easy relay. Had to give the officials our fingerprints, but as I'm thinking, as long I hasn't anything to hide, why not. After delivering our bags back to Continental, we had to find our way back to our new gate. Though we had to change terminal, since Continental international arrivals could come in different terminals, but it turned out that we was on the right terminal, so then it just was to get through security check, and find our new gate. So we left New York at about 2010 and was in Orlando International at about 2110 (around there). Had to take a train in to the main terminal, and get our bags.
Since we was booked on the Disneys Magical Express, we had to go over to the another site of the airport to check in at the desk to Magical Express. No one in queue so it was literally straight on the bus. Got a couple other passengers on the bus, and of we go! Took about 30 min to get our hotel, and the check in there was very easy. Just gave them our names, show them our passports and credit cards. Had two rooms, one for me, and one for my parents. They were side by side with a connecting door. Very practical. So by this, it was almost straight to bed. Wasn't so very tired, woke up by 06.00 the next morning.

A few pictures from the flight:
New Ark Airport

Sunset:

norhel

DAY 2

So let's get on with day 2.
Unfortunately I didn't write so my in my notes for the first couple of days, so I'm afraid it wouldn't be so much text of what we did. But I wake up early, so I started to take some pics of the hotel while waiting for my parents to wake up.

The day was spent in Magic Kingdom. We prioritized mainly Main Street and Frontierland.
Started with the grand tour of Disney World Railroad

And we went of at Main Street to walk up towards the castle.

Ended up walking to Liberty Square and Frontierland where we tried many of the attractions.

The cast of this restaurant, came out and ringing with bells to mark that the restaurant was open.

And we had a visitor with us when we sat and had a bite.

By now it was time to visit The Hall of Presidents. Great show I must say. And interesting to hear about the history as well. And WDI has done a great job with getting the actors to life. Seems seems quite real,

And these guys was playing outside when we got out.

By now it was time to have a look at the Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it! Street Party. Not the best show I've seen, but fair enough.

When it was finished, we had to go to Main Street Bakery to have some water, and when we got out, these guys was on stage:

After that we had a look at Dream Along With Mickey. Good show. And to see the eyes and mouth move as a normal person, seems great! More natural than the rigid face that was before.

After the show, we headed back to Frontierland/Liberty Square, to have a tour on the Riverboat. Relaxing tour :-)

By this time, it was time to go back to Main Street to have a good spot for the Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade.
Great music, and fair enough parade.

When the parade was finished, we had to have something to eat, so we ended up in Casey's Corner with a hot dog. One of the better hot dogs I've eaten at a entertainment park I believe.
After that, Mickeys Toontown Fair got a visit from us.

And that's it for this day.
Day 3 probably up this evening or tomorrow.

dagobert

Thanks for the great trip report and pictures.

DLP-Photos.com

Great start to the report and some great photos - looking forward to more!

Thanks for sharing.
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

stacey-claire

Great trip report, looks lovely, cant wait to see more xx :belle:
To see fairies, you have to belive in fairies

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010
Next trip- July 2012 (wish we could go sooner)

norhel

And here we go with day 3!
As I said, I didn't write so much in my personal log for the first few days, so I just have to trust my memory and the pictures.
Anyway, today was the day to visit Animal Kingdom, witch we used the whole day to look at. Was just me and my mom today, since my dad had to rest.

Had breakfast in Rainforest Cafe. Had a breakfast plate with scramble eggs, bacon, toast and I think we also got sausage and something else. Was very good I must say.

Sat next to this guy, witch said hello a couple of times :-)

When we where done, it went straight in to the park. I remember that we had a tour on It's tough to be a bough. Good show with good effects. You could literally feel the bugs creep under you.

And those guys had to relax.

And we had to visit Harambe, at the Jungle Safari. Very bumpy, but great. Had a great driver :-)
For some reason, I thought that I would see more animals than I did...

After that, we visited Rafikis Planet Watch (or what it is called), and said hello to the animals there.

Don't seem to eager to do something today...

And by now, it was time to watch the Mickeys Jammin Jungle Parade. Not the best I've seen, but good anyway.

And before we ended the day in Animal Kingdom, we got pictures with, Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goody. Had to take picture with Minnie with our camera, the others from the official photographer. At the evening, we had a short walk in Downtown Disney.
And that's it for today :-)

WillN

Wow... thanks for the report so far! Is it me or there are way more street performers there than in DLP? It looks great!  :thumbs:

I'd better start saving now because I want to go there sometime...
Check our Honeymoon Trip Report! March 8-12 2010.