[HKDL] Halloween celebration

Started by Patrick, October 03, 2006, 10:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

Hong Kong Disneyland have randomly started their halloween celebration, no doubt in an attempt to defeat off Hong Kong Ocean Park, they have some decor that is also used in DLR and a mini parade as it has been dubbed.
The parade is well let's say a little lack luster and uses only one float that is simply Mickey and the gang waving.  A set of dancers dressed in Halloween costumes dancing along to Hallowishes Haunted Mansion soundtrack, while the marching band plays it.

Here's a video of the simplistic parade courtasy of YouTube (isn't it just the best video site ever)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFSJIM73fBw

Photo Source: Apple Daily News

Anthony

3 minutes! That must be the shortest Disney parade ever! :lol: They still have the normal daytime parade running though, I suppose?  Still, a 1-float parade isn't very good for people who've sat and waited along the parade route at night like that.  They should have thrown in a few more dancing sections.

The marching band is very nice though.  I wish DLRP still had one of those, though I don't know when they'd actually use it.

DisneyBud

Feel a bit sorry for the chap playing the tuba/bassoon thing in the brass bad, has a bit of trouble keeping time.  But then wouldn't you with a whopping great thing like that?

penfold12

It may be short the the crowd sure seem to be enjoying it!!!

Kristof

The marching band is a great idea and the dancers are great.  And Mickey's costume is just awesome!

It's not a bad idea, but I would have done it different.  I'd send out a whole bunch of characters, as much as possible, on foot behind the Mickey float and let them hand out trick or treat candy to the audience.  They could call it.... "The Trick or Treat parade"  :wink: .

Anthony

Great idea!

I think the main problem with this parade is that there's no point to it - there aren't enough floats for it to be a "parade", there aren't enough characters for it to be a "character party", and there's not enough interactivity for it to be a meet n greet event.  They just need to increase one of the three and right away it'll have a reason for guests to see it.

For example, Good Morning WDS is a very small parade but the meet n greet at the end turns it into a must-see. So having characters give out sweets would be perfect.  Are you listening to raptor, HKDL? :lol: