Best places to eat at WDW

Started by MissTinkerbell, September 29, 2010, 12:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissTinkerbell

For one who have not yet been to WDW (but will be going in a couple of years), what are the beat places to eat at MK, Studio Park, Epcot, AK, downtown disney? Top 5 ;)
Faith, trust and Pixie dust

Disneyland Paris]

sebassah

Depending on your budget...

My top 5 is:

1. 50's Prime Time (Disney's Hollywood Studio's)
2. Le cellier (Epcot, Canada)
3. Ohana's (Poly. Resort)
4. Sci-Fi (Disney's Hollywood Studios)
5. San Angel Inn (Epcot, Mexico)

And there are so many other restaurants on property.

davewasbaloo

Depends on your budget and taste. For me I recommend:

MK - as a rule, the worst food in WDW
Table service are all pretty rubbish in this park, but Liberty Tree has a reasonably decent Thanksgiving feast in the evening with the characters.
Counter Service - Casey's Corner for hot dogs, or Starlight Cafe to enjoy the burger station and the excellent AA Alien Lounge singer

Epcot - the best food in WDW for the parks
Table Service - You really cannot go wrong with any of the World Showcase restaurants or Coral Reef. I really like Le Cellier in Canada, Teppan Edo in Japan and the Biergarten. However Marekech has the best decor and entertainment, and San Angel Inn has a fantastic moonlit volcano setting.
For counter service, I love the Sunshine Seasons foodcourt in the Land Pavillion and the counter service in Mexico

DHS - some fun places to eat here
For food quality, the Brown Derby is nicest, a little like the STeakhouse in Paris. For fun, the 50's Prime Time Diner and the Sci Fi Dine In are lots of fun with great settings but largely forgettable menues. The counter service offerings are dull here.

DAK - best counter service in the resort - Flame Tree BBQ, great quality, portion size and price. And Yak and Yeti for table service is great for SE Asian dishes.

Hotels
Grand Floridian - very expensive, no kids allowed, but it is an awesome restaurant, the best on property and one of Disney's best on planet Earth.

Polynesian - all the restaurants are good here. THe Luau dinner show is a fantastic hula and fire dancer show, with fun hawaiian food. Ohana is a lovely family service all you can eat with entertainment. Kona Cafe is best for breakfast, the Tonga toast is to die for, and Captain Cook's is a great counter service with all you can eat Pineapple Dole WHip.

Contemporary - The Wave is quite good, but the star attraction here is California Grill. Not quite as good as the PAris version, but this one does great sushi, stone baked flatbreads and grilled meats, with a sublime wine list. And nothing beats watching the fireworks over the Magic Kingdom as you eat your dessert (the chocolate souffle is fantastic). My fav restaurant all around in WDW and one of my favorite restaurants on Earth.

Wilderness Lodge - there are two excellent restaurants here. Artist Point offers up unusual dishes like Bufallo Steak and maple grilled salmon and is very good indeed. But for pure fun, Whispering Canyon cannot be beat. The most family fun in the Disney Empire. They have wooden horse races, be sure to ask for ketchup, and so many gags. Not good if you are shy though. We love it.

Fort Wilderness - Hoop Dee Do Review - a great fun western dinner show (not Buffalo Bills, think more cancan and singing) with all you can eat fried chicken. Lot's of fun, but very popular and books up.

Animal Kingdom Lodge - All the restaurants here are great. Boma is a fantastic buffet with lots of African delacies on the menu. Jiko is a lovely upscale restaurant with african dishes and an african wine list. Love it. Saana is also great, over in Kidani Village with East African Indian fusion cooking - wonderful. And the counter service Mara is fantastic with african offerings, but the american junk food is of a high standard too. Recommended

Boardwalk - Not so great for eating, but for a drink, the Brew Works Microbrew is great, and Jelly Rolls Duelling Piano bar is fantastic fun (no kids allowed). The Corn Dog cart is fantastic here, if you have never had a corn dog, try one.

THe Beach and Yacht Club - The Yacht Club Steakhouse is very good, especially the surf and turf steak and lobster. And Beaches and Cream is great for ice cream sundaes. The Kitchen Sink is several scoops of ice cream and a whole can of whip cream - designed to be shared by 4 people.

Dolphin and Swan - Shula's Steakhouse and Blue Zoo are both fantastic upscale restaurants that are often missed by European tourists, but they are very good indeed.

Downtown Disney - no where stands out here. Though I do very much like the House of Blues for the live music, and the Gospel Brunch is terrific. Also the T Rex Cafe, owned by the same people that do the Rain Forest Cafe (WDW has 2), is Dino THemed.

If on a budget and not on a dining plan, if you have a car, the crossroads is 3 minutes from DTD and has some great US chain restaurants for a fraction of the price of Disney restaurants - Red Lobster, Chillis (great mexican), Hooters, Taco Bell, etc.

Also if going to Sea World, their Luau is better than WDW's

And at UNiversal, Mythos at Islands of Adventure is very special and highly recommended. As is Emeril's and the asian restaurants at the Pacific Hotel.

For more info, be sure to check out Deb Will's site www.allearsnet.com
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Like sebassah already said, it depends on your budget.

Our favorite restaurant is Tusker House in DAK. It is a buffet restaurant and it offered some really good food. We ate there twice. Once for breakfast and once for lunch.

Most of the time we used the food court in our hotel, the Pop Century Resort and other fast food restaurants like Toy Story Pizza Planet in DHS.

In Epcot we ate at Tutto Italia, was also okay, but I already had better Italian food.

MissTinkerbell

Lots of great tips here! We'll be going for our honeymoon so I hope we can set aside enough money to not be on too tight of a budget. For now I take all the tips I can get for all the budget to see what sounds interesting and perhaps set aside a little extra money:)
Faith, trust and Pixie dust

Disneyland Paris]