Trip Report September 2- 4

Started by DisneyDonna, September 16, 2010, 12:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyDonna

So this is my first trip report I ever wrote, also I'm only 15 years old, so please, ignore some grammar/spelling mistakes! This was the 10th time I've been to Disneyland. This time we went with the whole family (normally we leave my dad home... (A))

2 September
We left for my 10th trip to Disneyland around 7 o'clock. There was hardly any traffic on the road apart around Antwerp, but I believe it's always busy there. We soon reached Disneyland Resort Paris. I was amazed, there was hardly anyone (on the road leading to Disneyland) We first drove to our hotel where we stayed (Explorers) This is the second time I've stayed there. The lady behind the counter was really helpful and nice and we could go immediately to our hotelroom. We had a nice room only a couple meters away from the boutique, which was nice. But of course, the stupid keycards didn't work so we had to get new ones. What is it with those things? They never work, no matter where you are?!
After we dropped off our luggage I was really eager to go to the park, after all I love Disneyland and it's been a while since we've been there. And so we did, we drove to the parkinglot. Suprisingly, there was only one 'gate' open! (We were there around 1/2  o'clock) we drove onto the parkinglot, and it didn't really seemed busy.
When we got to the park we were shocked with how busy it was, the parkinglot seemed so empty? And didn't all the kids had to go to school? As in previous years, some soldiers were walking around and you had to show your bags upon entering the parks.
We first went to the Disneyland itself. We first decided to grab a quick snack at Market House Deli. We had some lovely snacks and Ice Tea. I'm in love with the Ice Tea they have there, they don't sell in over here. After that we decided to go to Discoveryland, and me and my mom decided to go in the Space Mountain. My father and little brother went in Autopia. We had to wait quite a long time at the Space Mountain, which was weird, because we had to wait a long time at one point, but after that, it went really quickly... We sat in the front of the train, which scared me and my mom. I prefer sitting in the back. It always suprises me how 'shocky' the Space Mountain is. At the end of the ride I definitely had some bruises, but it was fun! We got back to find out my dad and my brother didn't go on Autopia, because it was too busy (which is typically my dad, he doesn't like waiting) Next was Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast. The whole family enjoyed this one, my dad had a great score, and it was really fun.
Next was Fantasyland and It's A Small World. The queue was really big for It's A Small World and there were some really rude guests. They were Eastern-Europe and they didn't really knew what the wanted, they got out of the queue, than entered the queue again. They almost knocked my brother over. Thank god we didn't had to sit in the same boat with them.
Casey Jr. And Le Pays des Contes de Fées was closed, as it is most of the times I've been in Disneyland, so that wasn't really a suprise.
The next thing we went on was Pirates of the Caribbean, which is never really busy. Again, we sat all the way in the front and I was scared I might got really wet, but I wasn't at all. When we left Pirates Jack Sparrow was there but I didn't really got a chance to take a photo with him (ok, he freaked me out). I wanted to go on Indiana Jones next but it was closed so we went in the big treehouse. We decided to go and watch the ShowTime Spectacular show next, which was quite fun I must say... We didn't watch it till it ended completely because we wanted to go to Big Thunder Mountain before everyone else did.
Oh my god, I've never seen such an idiot. There was a guy in the queue with some company and he was shouting, banging on the walls, 'drumming' on barrels, SO annoying. But the worst part was no one said something. He was with more than 6 people and they all just laughed. Whenever he opened his mouth, they already covered their ears, I mean, hello?
We had to wait quite a long time and the ride was different as I remembered it. I always remembered it as a much longer ride and a much faster one as it actually was... But nevertheless, after Big Thunder Mountain we went eating some dinner at Au Chalet de la Marionette, where we always eat. It wasn't busy at all, but the girl behind the counter giving us the food was sooo stupid! They didn't had any Coca Cola so we had to chose something else, but she could only speak French and didn't even understand the word 'ice tea'. Than she forgot the cutlery, so we had to go back to ask it. Everyone there said something else, they're over there, and the girl who helped us didn't even understand us, at the end we got them but the food was cold by now... Not a really good experience with a restaurant which always had been really good.
After dinner we went back to Main Street and looked in some shops. We always went briefly to Disney Village but decided to head back to the Hotel, because my dad was really tired.

day two coming soon!