New York Concrete Jungle where dreams are made of - Pre-Trip

Started by Belle's World, September 14, 2010, 08:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belle's World

The Cast

Me, 27 Beauty and the Beast fan, loves everything Disney. This will be my 10th visit and the first at Halloween season and the New York Hotel.
DH – 28, Star Tours fan, didn't know he loved Disney till he met me! His 6th visit.

When

4th-9th October 2010 at the New York Hotel

Story

Eventually I want to stay in all the Disney hotels and this year we will be staying at the New York Hotel which means we will have achieved 5 out of the 6. We have both stayed at Santa Fe multiple times, in 2004 we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel for our honeymoon, in 2006 we stayed in Newport Bay and in 2009 we stayed at Sequoia Lodge and I would definitely say the more you pay the better the hotel so I am definitely looking forward to seeing what the New York has to offer.

We have never been at Halloween before and feel this is the last major season we have to experience as we have been during Christmas and Summer on many occasions. So far apart from the weather I think I actually prefer Christmas season as I find it more magical and less crowded. Hopefully Halloween will also provide us with some much needed magic. We also have tickets for MNSSHP on the Friday night and I am really excited about this and hope it meets expectations.

The Intro

We will be travelling to Ashford on Sunday 3rd October where we will be going to the shopping outlet for the afternoon before making our way to the Ashford International Hotel where we have already booked a dinner bed and breakfast deal which we have had before and was lovely. For anyone interested this deal includes a double hotel room, dinner of anything off the menu up to £25 each (this covers a starter, main course and dessert without drinks). Breakfast is then a full English buffet breakfast with continental breakfast if you can fit it all in. The hotel was refurbished a couple of years ago and we feel is worth the money especially if you treat it as an extension of your holiday. On Monday 4th October we will take a short taxi ride to the Eurostar terminal where we are booked on the direct train to Disneyland.

Main

We will arrive at Disney around lunch time and will have used the Disney Express service to collect our tickets and drop off our suitcases to be taken to the hotel which means we can head straight to the park. We have planned out and made reservations for most of our meals but lunch on the first day will be simply grab something from a self service restaurant. I am really excited to see Main Street all decorated with pumkins etc and hope it really adds to the magic and the atmosphere. I am a pin trader so will be looking at every cm with a lanyard to hopefully make some good trades along the way.
We tend to always follow the same route on entering the park for the first time and go up Main Street before taking the 'secret passage' to Frontierland. From here we head to Phantom Manor before getting some fast passes for Big Thunder Mountain (I am disappointed old Park tickets no longer work to get extra fast passes but you can't have everything and hopefully it won't be that busy). After a couple more rides we will probably head back to the hotel to check in. I have requested 1 King size bed instead of 2 double beds so hopefully we should get a nice room.
After unpacking a little we will probably head back to the park until it closes before making our way to the Chuck Wagon Buffet which we tried last visit and were very impressed with. As we will be at the Cheyenne we will also visit the shop before popping next door to the Santa Fe shop and the garage next door to pick up a few snacks for the room. Then back to the hotel for a much needed rest!
On Tuesday we will experience our first Hotel New York breakfast and I am really looking forward to the hot items especially if it is cold outside. We will aim to get to the parks as early as possible so that we can enjoy EMH. We have lunch booked at the Blue Lagoon and dinner at BBWWS which we saw for the first time in 2009 and absolutely loved. When we went in 2009 we did the Disneyland Park tour so this time we are hoping to fit in the Walt Disney Studios tour.
On Wednesday we will have lunch somewhere undecided in the Studios and then dinner is booked for Inventions. Thursday we will aim to be the first people in the park at 8am even if that means going back for breakfast after we have spent a couple of hours in the park! We have Agrabah Café booked for lunch and Café Mickey booked for dinner. Friday we want to go to Buzz Lightyears Pizza Planet for lunch but when I rang to book I was told they may not be open so we have some back up self-service restaurants just in case, for dinner we have the Silver Spur Steakhouse booked. We will have to go back to our room in the afternoon to pack as much as we can as we have tickets for MNSSHP which finishes at 10pm but by the time we get back to the hotel could well be 11pm and I don't want to start packing at that time! Saturday will be our last day and because of a late night the night before we are not planning on getting up that early. We hope to have an easy day as the queues will be quite long so may just grab fast passes and take in a couple of shows before getting the indirect Eurostar back to Ebbsfleet. We will grab something self service for lunch and have Walts booked for an early dinner at 3pm, hopefully this means we will get an extra chance to see the parade go by before we go home.

This trip we want to try new restaurants: Agrabah Café and Inventions as well as re-visiting old favourites such as Walts. We hope to do the Studios guided tour and do lots of pin trading.

Ro

kiki_304

I'm sure you'll enjoy Halloween at Disney.
I have been twice for Halloween and on the same dates as yours.  Parks were fine, not too busy.

I am going beginning Nov to experience Christmas at Disney, I totally love Christmas and my boys and I are getting excited already.

Hope you have a fab time.

disneyloverjessie

Hope you enjoy your trip, im very jealous as i have never been during halloween and i still have to wait 5 months to go.. :(
Anyway i have heard its a very good season to go during.
HNY is such a good hotel as well, rooms are very clean and tidy and very helpful staff :)
Breakfast is also sooo goood.
anyway enjoy your trip, and hopefully you'll make a trip report? :D
\'when you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you\' - Pinocchio

\'A dream is a wish your heart makes\' - Cinderella<3

Hotel New York = 10 times
Sequoia Lodge = 1 time

[size=150]Disneyland Paris<3[/size]

Aurora

That seems like an all planned trip.Wow. We`ll be there the same time (almost) from the 3rd to the 6th. Staying at NPBC the first time.
Wish you a fabulous trip!
Aurora

Soap

Agrabah will be a great experience  :thumbs:
We just love to sit and enjoy the scenery there! And some great arabian style food
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Belle's World

Thanks for the comments. Don't worry i will do a full trip report on my return! So excited, NPBC is also a really good hotel so you will ahve a great time.

Ro

SwipatronSparks

looking forward to your trip report have a good trip =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

stepintothepink

I'd seen a post on here about fastpasses on eBay and bought a couple for a few pounds before we went. They're unlimited and you can use them at the same time as your normal tickets and get double the fastpasses!

Similar to these:
//http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Disneyland-Paris-Euro-Disney-Fastpass-Tickets-/260664488514?pt=UK_Tickets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE&hash=item3cb0d07242#ht_500wt_1154

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "stepintothepink"I'd seen a post on here about fastpasses on eBay and bought a couple for a few pounds before we went. They're unlimited and you can use them at the same time as your normal tickets and get double the fastpasses!

Similar to these:
//http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Disneyland-Paris-Euro-Disney-Fastpass-Tickets-/260664488514?pt=UK_Tickets_Trave_Vouchers_Coupons_LE&hash=item3cb0d07242#ht_500wt_1154
I dont think you can use them anymore as they have new fastpasses now with the dates on them :(
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

stepintothepink

These work in place of your park tickets, so you put them in the fast pass machine and get a fast pass with the time etc printed out!

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "stepintothepink"These work in place of your park tickets, so you put them in the fast pass machine and get a fast pass with the time etc printed out!
Yeah, they were the ones i was talking about. Have read on another thread that you cant use them anymore and the sellers on ebay are having to refund people.
Dont think this was the thread but it is mentioned at the end of this one....
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8997&hilit=fast+pass+ebay&start=20
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

stepintothepink

Quote from: "kelly.dylan"
Quote from: "stepintothepink"These work in place of your park tickets, so you put them in the fast pass machine and get a fast pass with the time etc printed out!
Yeah, they were the ones i was talking about. Have read on another thread that you cant use them anymore and the sellers on ebay are having to refund people.
Dont think this was the thread but it is mentioned at the end of this one....
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8997&hilit=fast+pass+ebay&start=20

Oooh ok! What a shame :(

kelly.dylan

Yeah, i had some from last year and wont be able to use them again! They came in handy on our last trip ;)
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

alaina82

Sounds like uve got it all planned out! Just to let u know tho that currently both Phantom Manor and Pizza Planet are under construction so are closed :(

Belle's World

Hi,

I ahd heard rumours Buzz Lightyear would be closed when we go and i can cope with that! I believe Phantom Manor re-opens on 25th September so will be fine for when we go in October. I think they would have a few complaints if that was closed for Halloween season! Esp as it is advertised as being open for MNSSHP.

rO