Why is Casey Jnr always closed???

Started by pers5579, September 01, 2010, 10:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pers5579

Can someone please explain why the Casey Jnr ride is always closed???

I have been twice previously and for 4 Nights / 5 Days each visit  and only managed to get on this ride once.

It was open 1 morning only!

My little girl loved the ride and when I've looked at the planned closures Casey Jnr is on the list regularly!

So What Gives?!??!
Sep 2008 - Santa Fe
Jan 2009 - Sequoia Lodge
Jan 2011 - Cheyenne
From the magic within our hearts, to the adventure beyond the horizon, there is only one Disney!

SM:M3

They always have and still do close in winter.

johnd331

I think this topic should be in "Disneyland Park" rather than here.

It was operating in February this year, which still counts as winter. But prolonged rehab closures for the Storybook Land and Casey Jr. are rather normal during the winter months.

kelly.dylan

Casey Jr and Storybook land have been closed everytime we have been at Disney so we have never even been on it!
I am hoping we will ride it for the first time this October
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

captain rocket

The reason is obviously saving money! These two rides are only ever open during peak season as the area is self contained and easy to close off, Disney probably hope that casual visitors don't notice! The other absurdity in this area is The Windmill ride which never seems to operate! If it is broken beyond repair it should be replaced, if not it should be open,after all we pay top dollar to visit Disney! To have Casey Junior,Storyland canal Boats,Phantom Manor and Snow White closed at the same time is particualarly unfair on visitors at the moment.

Kobato

Quote from: "captain rocket"The reason is obviously saving money! These two rides are only ever open during peak season as the area is self contained and easy to close off, Disney probably hope that casual visitors don't notice! The other absurdity in this area is The Windmill ride which never seems to operate! If it is broken beyond repair it should be replaced, if not it should be open,after all we pay top dollar to visit Disney! To have Casey Junior,Storyland canal Boats,Phantom Manor and Snow White closed at the same time is particualarly unfair on visitors at the moment.

According to Photos Magiques, "this attraction closed around 2000 and opened a rare few times after, but has since been closed for good."

And Casey's Jr/Pays des Contes du Feés are only opened during summer season and with sunny weather, while Snow White and Phantom Manor will be closed 2-3 days because of regular maintenance.

jax

I go to dlrp during the christmas season at various times, sometimes early nov through to mid december and casey jr and pays des contes du dees are always open and autopia is always closed, love goin g on the storybook ride and my nieces and nephew loved it last november. Went on after meeting belle and beast at belles christmas village. I suppose its just pure luck..

pers5579

I still down understand why they close it so much in the winter months. I just wondered if this was an expensive ride to run or if it suffered from regular technical problems??
Sep 2008 - Santa Fe
Jan 2009 - Sequoia Lodge
Jan 2011 - Cheyenne
From the magic within our hearts, to the adventure beyond the horizon, there is only one Disney!

Martyn

Autopia used to be closed for winter too, but thats changed over the last couple of years and its actually been open for my annual trip in January.

There are a few attractions I'm starting to get used to not going on any more because of winter closures, such as Storybook Land, Molly Brown/Mark Twain and Animagique!

lauramumof3

we went november 2008 and autopia was open much to my little boys delight! but any other time in winter its been shut, also whilst there casey jr and story book ride was open for one day whilst we were there and both children loved it! so its just pot luck with these things, and the windmills havent been open for donkeys years. i totally agree that they should have everything open -within reason- as its cost so much to go.
Been to DLP many times when I was little and now with my own children. First time 1992 and th last time was 2012! Going in  November 2017, so exited cant wait :-)

pers5579

I understand that they have to maintain the rides and that closures are inevitable. But i would have though that if your going for a 5 day trip, that at some point during that trip you should be able to get on most attractions.
Sep 2008 - Santa Fe
Jan 2009 - Sequoia Lodge
Jan 2011 - Cheyenne

DisneyBoyke27

there's a sign by this attraction with the text : will open again in summer, so it's closed for 10 months or so?????

pers5579

Quote from: "DisneyBoyke27"there's a sign by this attraction with the text : will open again in summer, so it's closed for 10 months or so?????
Thats very dissapointing. It rules out our having a ride in ouy January trip  :(
Sep 2008 - Santa Fe
Jan 2009 - Sequoia Lodge
Jan 2011 - Cheyenne

Adam

I know they often close it before Christmas as the area gets themed, but do they really need to close it this early this year? I hope they aren't closing it until next Summer, as it is a popular ride.

Owain

I swear that theyve added these new november dates recently !

QuoteCasey Jr. Le Petit Train du Cirque
Closed in October 2010 from 4th October to 15th October
Closed in November 2010 from 4th November to 5th November

Le Pays des Contes de Fees
Closed in October 2010 from 4th October to 15th October
Closed in November 2010 from 4th November to 5th November

If the dates are true then i will be able to ride these attractions but why close them for 11 days in october then a month later close them for 2 days. Also we all know these rides will be closed during the winter months !  :roll: